LakersGround Presents: Cap's Corner with Kareem Abdul Jabbar
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ShadyG
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 5:17 am    Post subject:

1: Do you like to watch movies about gladiators?

2: Have you ever been in a Turkish prison?

bonus question: Do you know what it's like to fall in the mud and get kicked...in the head...with an iron boot? Of course you don't, no one does. It never happens. Sorry Kareem, that's a dumb question... skip that.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Rick12322
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 6:04 am    Post subject:

superboy wrote:
I would love to know his candid thoughts on the officiating and the treatment of Kobe. Does it seem unfair because we're biased fans, or is there really something to it?

He twittered after game 4, "Lakers won 5 on 8," so I think we have the answer. Other than that I'm thinking he's not feeling it's a good pr move to expound on the topic, so don't hold your breath for an answer.
Rick12322
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 6:29 am    Post subject:

scrap
Rick12322
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 6:35 am    Post subject:

Assuming the good Dr. Buss has set the highest possible threshold for roster salaries, and because it's really in their collective power to make it all happen, would it make you happy to see players Kobe, Trevor and LO get together and ask themselves how important it is to them to continue with this possible dynasty?
Mongo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 6:45 am    Post subject:

When will Drew actually attempt a skyhook in a game?
LuciusAllen
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 9:14 am    Post subject:

ShadyG wrote:
1: Do you like to watch movies about gladiators?

2: Have you ever been in a Turkish prison?

bonus question: Do you know what it's like to fall in the mud and get kicked...in the head...with an iron boot? Of course you don't, no one does. It never happens. Sorry Kareem, that's a dumb question... skip that.

OK -- let's ask him who's a better actor -- him or Foxy?
Rick12322
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 12:02 pm    Post subject:

We've all heard how you've tried to encourage Andrew to learn and use the sky hook. Other than LaMarcus Aldridge, there isn't one player in the nba whose trying to learn this shot. I've been able to duplicate many shots, including Pau's hook just from watching him do it, and I've spent years fooling around with the Sky hook, but to this day I haven't come close. Do you think this is a shot you simply have to have a talent for, and that this has a lot more to do with how you were made than just being instructed a certain way and practicing it?
DonMagicWand
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 1:29 pm    Post subject:

- who was his inspiration/motivation for the character Roger Murdoch?

ok serious question:
Does any modern NBA player remind himself of him? and how does he think his game would have translated in today's NBA?

Great job LG!!

R.I.P.&G. Dr. Buss
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
70sdude
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 2:25 pm    Post subject:

Let's go way back for a moment to your early years with this ballclub. Tell us something interesting about the days when you rejoined your UCLA teammate Lucius Allen, on the court again.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 4:13 pm    Post subject:

This and Artest in the same week?

God truly is a Lakers fan.
pokoy

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 8:40 pm    Post subject:

How do you think Artest will fit in with the Lakers?
KobeBryantCliffordBrown
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 9:21 pm    Post subject: Re: LakersGround Presents: Cap's Corner with Kareem Abdul Jabbar

DancingBarry wrote:
Got a question for Kareem? He's going to take two questions from LGers every few weeks and answer them exclusively for LakersGround.

What do you want to know? Post your questions here and I will take the two best questions to him for Cap's insight.

I, myself, am a little curious about how he felt to be on the coaching side of a championship. Seemed like he went right over to Bynum after they won the final game. So, what were his thoughts then and did he have anything to say to Drew?

Post your questions...

KAJ is a HUGE Jazz fan. Ask him who was the better trumpet player, Miles Davis or Clifford Brown?
pghlakerfan
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 12:22 pm    Post subject:

Why isn't he even considered for NBA coaching jobs considering his history and work as a coach, especially with Bynum?
RealOne
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 1:49 pm    Post subject:

MIMLaker wrote:

(1) In the 70s, it was well-known that you had studied martial arts with Bruce Lee. In the 80s, it was also well-reported that you had done more weight training and yoga as a means of improving your endurance and preventing injury.

+1 Hope this question will be presented sometime, I've always wanted to ask Cap about his experience with Bruce Lee.
Moses
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 2:09 pm    Post subject:

Which title that you won with the Lakers was the most satisfying and why?

Do you see yourself becoming a head coach one day? If so, could you see yourself ever becoming the Lakers head coach?
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 9:02 pm    Post subject:

encina1 wrote:
I am curious how the &*&%^%# LG managed to score that one!!!!

dancingbarry had to do some things that hes not very proud of to certain members of the lakers organization (hint: Its not the laker girls)
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 7:59 pm    Post subject:

Question: How would you rate the officiating in the playoffs, in regard to flagrant and technical fouls, and in general?
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 9:43 am    Post subject: Re: LakersGround Presents: Cap's Corner with Kareem Abdul Jabbar

KobeBryantCliffordBrown wrote:
DancingBarry wrote:
Got a question for Kareem? He's going to take two questions from LGers every few weeks and answer them exclusively for LakersGround.

What do you want to know? Post your questions here and I will take the two best questions to him for Cap's insight.

I, myself, am a little curious about how he felt to be on the coaching side of a championship. Seemed like he went right over to Bynum after they won the final game. So, what were his thoughts then and did he have anything to say to Drew?

Post your questions...

KAJ is a HUGE Jazz fan. Ask him who was the better trumpet player, Miles Davis or Clifford Brown?

KBCB; I hope DB puts that one to KAJ. You know which way my flag blows.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.

Last edited by jodeke on Sat Jul 11, 2009 1:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 10:12 am    Post subject:

(1) CAP What was your feeling when Elvin Hayes and the Houston Cougars broke UCLA's 47 game winning streak and Hayes did some bragging?

(2) Which did you enjoy playing most, college or professional basketball and why?

Side note; Clifford or Miles

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 11:34 am    Post subject:

1) What separates Drew from being a legendary center, and do you realistically see him bridging that gap in the next 3 years?

2) Who else besides Drew are you working with, and how focused are they on what you're showing them?

and another one in case there's time;

3) If you could add one of these players to a team that was ordinary at every position, how would you rank these 3; Wilt, Magic, Michael?
PushingtheLimit
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 1:20 pm    Post subject:

There are a bunch of great questions here, I'd just like to know:

Do players/coaches/gms around the league actually visit NBA forums, and if so what are they trying find out?
Wino
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 2:58 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
(1) CAP What was your feeling when Elvin Hayes and the Houston Cougars broke UCLA's 47 game winning streak and Hayes did some bragging?

(2) Which did you enjoy playing most, college or professional basketball and why?

Side note; Clifford or Miles

Response from Cap: Who's Hayes??
Wino
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 2:58 pm    Post subject:

Kareem, do you still have aspirations to become a head coach in the NBA someday?
mr_clean
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 6:40 pm    Post subject:

My question:

Kareem, I attended my first away game in Phoenix when you made the only three point shot of your career. (It was my first Lakers away game in Phoenix at Veteran's Memorial Colliseum.) Nice shot by the way, but my question is, did you ever attempt or shoot and make, any other memorable long shots prior to the three point line addition, and if so, were any of those sky hook style?
Capt.Skyhook
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 11:15 pm    Post subject: Re: LakersGround Presents: Cap's Corner with Kareem Abdul Jabbar

KobeBryantCliffordBrown wrote:
DancingBarry wrote:

Post your questions...

You beat me to the jazz question.

1) Ask him what jazz musicians would he put in his fav five.

2)Ask what is he planning for his next book.

I think he could talk for days about these subjects.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3
Jump to: