So i have an interview monday for the Lakers intern website gig(updating the page after every game )
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LG Neighborhood Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Futuristic
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 9:52 am    Post subject:

One more thing, if you have examples of your work, be prepared to show them if in someway it meets their needs. Or, just to give them an idea of what you can do. A resume is good but sample work is more telling than the resume. That is of course, if you are confident that your work is competent.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
trish1999
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 9:58 am    Post subject:

congrats in advance...
LakersMD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 10:05 am    Post subject:

Good luck.

Be yourself. Don't put on an act.

If they still don't hire you, then it wasn't the right place for you anyways.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 10:19 am    Post subject:

uberzev wrote:
Mention your connection to LG

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
Klone_dd
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 10:22 am    Post subject:

Be confident. Show technical skills and enthusiasm.

Good luck.
Vishnu
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 11:21 am    Post subject:

Good luck
heybrad
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 11:30 am    Post subject:

Futuristic wrote:
1) Make sure you pay attention to everything that is being said.
2) Make sure you have the skills to do the job.
3) Dress like a pro, and not like a gangster, or a cool dude from the streets. You might want to find out how they dress but first impression is important. I would wear a blazer, black pants, white shirt, nice tie, and shiny black shoes. Get a haircut so you look sharp. If you have any tattoos, make sure they don't see them.
4) Especially find out what they are looking for, and find the exact opportunity to express to them how you are qualified. Tell them how you intend to provide a solution to their need.
5) Be confident, positive, and make sure you find the perfect opportunity to let them know why they should choose you.
6) Communicate clearly but don't be shy to talk technical when you find that opportunity.
7) Just be yourself.
8) Be at least 15 minutes early.
9) If you don't have it yet, ask for the requirements and make sure you have a solid answer for all the specific requirements. Let them know that you are not only capable, you will excel.
10) At the end of the interview, thank the last interviewer and ask what the next step will be and that you're very interested in moving forward.

11. Repeat every question they ask you into your watch.
Wino
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 1:12 pm    Post subject:

Mark_in_Tulsa wrote:
I would block out his email and numbers.

Yeah I already called them and they're hiring me instead!!

Wino
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 1:14 pm    Post subject:

Futuristic wrote:
3) Dress like a pro, and not like a gangster, or a cool dude from the streets. You might want to find out how they dress but first impression is important. I would wear a blazer, black pants, white shirt, nice tie, and shiny black shoes. Get a haircut so you look sharp. If you have any tattoos, make sure they don't see them.
4) Especially find out what they are looking for, and find the exact opportunity to express to them how you are qualified. Tell them how you intend to provide a solution to their need.
5) Be confident, positive, and make sure you find the perfect opportunity to let them know why they should choose you.
6) Communicate clearly but don't be shy to talk technical when you find that opportunity.
7) Just be yourself.
9) If you don't have it yet, ask for the requirements and make sure you have a solid answer for all the specific requirements. Let them know that you are not only capable, you will excel.
10) At the end of the interview, thank the last interviewer and ask what the next step will be and that you're very interested in moving forward.

Good advice!
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 2:29 pm    Post subject:

uberzev wrote:
Mention your connection to LG
japanesebeef1
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 3:57 pm    Post subject:

Do not wear any Green.
Do not wear a cowbell, cowboy hat or any other cowboy accessory.
Do not wear a gorilla suit and orange jersey.

Otherwise . . . just enjoy!

. . . and good luck.
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Prarie & Manchester, high above the western sideline

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 4:09 pm    Post subject:

Wear a tuxedo.

Sister Golden Hair wrote:
LAMAR ODOM is an anagram for ... DOOM ALARM
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 4:11 pm    Post subject:

wear a paul pierce jersey. he's from inglewood. they'll love it.
prisma8slg
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 6:36 pm    Post subject:

Futuristic wrote:
7) Just be yourself.

great advice!

a couple things I would add...

11) Make sure to have some questions ready. If they close the interview with, "Do you have any questions for?" and you don't, it makes it look like you're not interested.
12) Don't say anything negative, especially about a past employer/coworker.
13) Relax.

good luck

"I've seen it all. Sasha dunked on somebody," Kobe Bryant said. "I'm ready to retire now."
dawglaker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 7:59 pm    Post subject:

its actually a second interview i already got past the phone interview and they asked me to bring in a sample of how i would redo http://www.nba.com/lakers/news/ , workin on it, should be done tomorrow , once i email it to him i'll post the link up here as well
Futuristic
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 10:48 pm    Post subject:

prisma8slg wrote:
Futuristic wrote:
7) Just be yourself.

great advice!

a couple things I would add...

11) Make sure to have some questions ready. If they close the interview with, "Do you have any questions for?" and you don't, it makes it look like you're not interested.
12) Don't say anything negative, especially about a past employer/coworker.
13) Relax.

good luck

That about sums it up.

If you don't have a question, at least ask, "When I excel, will there be a future for me here?"

Last edited by Futuristic on Sat Aug 15, 2009 10:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
uberzev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 10:49 pm    Post subject:

Bring your stepbrother.
usdane
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 12:13 am    Post subject:

Good luck. However you should probably stop posting your lakers business here.

This is a premier Lakers site and you don't know who is reading. I would think they value discretion.

That being said if you get the job you better give us info on trades
OshadowO
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 12:24 am    Post subject:

good luck man. The only advice I got is be prepared to cite specific examples of success and achievements from your previous gigs or experience with relevant work.

Now if only they'd return my calls about my offer to fill in for kurt for 100k a year, we'll have LG faithful infiltrating all levels of the Laker org!
boss_hog
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:35 am    Post subject:

Don't go into this interview and plop down pieces of paper with your samples printed on them. Make your presentation as professional and creative as possible if you really want this gig. You can rest assured that this person interviewing you will be interviewing others who are just as hard up as you are for this job. You must out shine them, seriously stand out (professionally). Treat the interview as if it's a high salaried job and you get free season tickets for you and your family if you win it (who knows, anything's possible). That being said, good luck.

Oh. I wouldn't suggest you post your samples for all the world to see. Think competition.
rffajo
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 10:27 am    Post subject:

Best of luck
OscarWang
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 10:46 am    Post subject:

uberzev wrote:
Bring your stepbrother.

I hope I'm not the only one who got that

- Kobe Bryant
dawglaker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:29 am    Post subject:

update its not on the monday the 17th , but monday the 24th so i gotta whole week to do touch ups on the sample site i'm working on, a major relief...
LakersNation
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 8:04 pm    Post subject:

if you can't do half of the stuff Nick's asking for, then dont' fake the funk . . . it's going to show within the first week you're working there. Then you're fired and never have a chance to work with them again. If that's the case, then I would learn from this experience and learn the skills that Nick's asking for and then apply when you're ready.
Futuristic
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:12 pm    Post subject:

What did you do? Show up and was told that your interview was next week? Dang, bro. That's not good. You have to get it together and know when you're supposed to be there.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LG Neighborhood All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3
Jump to: