Phoenix Man gets SHAFTED...(shaking head)
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
frijolero01
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 11:26 am    Post subject:

chef wrote:
The guy charged:

1. Left the scene of the accident
2. Did have alcohol in his system
3. Had marijuana in his system

um excuse me!!!?? all of the above mentioned was well BELOW the limit.
BoredTiger
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 3:44 pm    Post subject:

Yea, the alcohol and marijuana were deemed to be insignificant for the guy.

It was the girl who had a ridiculous amount of BAC when she was tested on sight. We're talking about a 17 year old little girl, with a BAC above the adult limit.
JerryMagicKobe

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 9:03 pm    Post subject:

1. Should he go to jail for leaving the scene of a fatal accident. - Yes
2. Should the presence of Alcohol and Marijuana be considered a contributing factor? - Yes
3. Should she be charged with causing a fatal accident? - Yes
4. Should she be charged with driving under the influence? - Yes

He was quickly arrested, and got lousy legal representation so he stayed in jail.
She was given preferential treatment, something AZ is NOT known for, and immediately hired very good council who kept her out of jail.

The ACLU is made for these occasions.
chef
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 9:36 pm    Post subject:

frijolero01 wrote:
chef wrote:
The guy charged:

what's the legal limit for marijuana?
TACH
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 7:40 am    Post subject:

chef wrote:
frijolero01 wrote:
chef wrote:
The guy charged:

Shouldn't she be charged as well? After all we know she was over the legal limit for a minor and for operating vehicle...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
JerryMagicKobe

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 8:18 am    Post subject:

chef wrote:
frijolero01 wrote:
chef wrote:
The guy charged:

\
0 in AZ, IIRC. They claim Zero Tolerance, and I know they enforce it in Havasu - not sure what the penalty is, but I'm sure they will throw the book at someone with even trace amounts involved in a fatal hit and run. AZ is no joke on drugs, even weed.

And I think the legal limit for leaving the scene of an accident is 0 as well. Alcohol has a legal limit, but the DA can prosecute below the legal limit if there were other factors (like marijuana) which could add to the impairment.

Bottom line, he was arrested for fleeing the scene of a fatal accident. He is still in jail because he couldn't meet bail.
JerryMagicKobe

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 8:42 am    Post subject:

TACH wrote:
chef wrote:
frijolero01 wrote:
chef wrote:
The guy charged:

Shouldn't she be charged as well? After all we know she was over the legal limit for a minor and for operating vehicle...

Absolutely.
JerryMagicKobe

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 11:11 am    Post subject:

Here is a little something about Sheriff Joe in AZ - lots of other articles, shows etc. that you can find about him too.

LINK
chef
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 11:39 am    Post subject:

TACH wrote:
chef wrote:
frijolero01 wrote:
chef wrote:
The guy charged:

That wasn't the answer to the question I asked.

If this guy was "under the limit", what is the legal limit for marijuana impairment while driving?
TACH
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 12:02 pm    Post subject:

chef wrote:
TACH wrote:
chef wrote:
frijolero01 wrote:
chef wrote:
The guy charged:

If this guy was "under the limit", what is the legal limit for marijuana impairment while driving?
I don't know the answer to that question... but the question here is, shouldn't she be charged as well. Is she just as if not more culpable for the death of her friend?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
TACH
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 12:06 pm    Post subject:

chef wrote:
TACH wrote:
chef wrote:
frijolero01 wrote:
chef wrote:
The guy charged:

chef
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 5:36 pm    Post subject:

TACH wrote:
chef wrote:
TACH wrote:
chef wrote:
frijolero01 wrote:
chef wrote:
The guy charged:

I don't know the answer to that question... but the question here is, shouldn't she be charged as well. Is she just as if not more culpable for the death of her friend?

I don't know if she would be more culpable for the death of her friend, all I have as a reference is an obviously biased article.
Mockerfab4
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 7:25 pm    Post subject:

I read this article, and a few things kind of stood out for me about this article.

First off, let me preface this by saying, I am a female, black, live in the Phoenix area, and even been called the "n" word by one of our "friendly citizens" a few months back. I'm originally from SoCal, and yes the P-H-X has a totally different vibe over here.

BUT....I don't understand why the guy ran the scene? That's what stands out most for me.
Should he get the max. penalty for this? NO.
Should she be held criminally liable? HELL YES.
Is it about race? I doubt it.

I'm am a bit surprised by the fact in a state so tough on DUI laws AND traffic laws that she didn't get any time. I'm shocked in fact, because I've had friends who've been caught doing less and been penalized for more. (and they are White). But really that's what a good lawyer does for you. She has it. He doesn't. It's sad. Hopefully someone will take his case pro bono and get him less time or his case overturned.

Also, the newspaper writing this article has it out for Sherrif Joe and his tough as nails tactics in this state. So I'm not surprised they are smearing his department anyway it can. I'm sure they're are many people in Sherrif Joe's jails that have similar or worse circumstances then this guy and are not black. It's just another tactic that the Phoenix New Times will use to get people to dislike the guy.
TACH
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 7:36 pm    Post subject:

Mockerfab4 wrote:
I read this article, and a few things kind of stood out for me about this article.

First off, let me preface this by saying, I am a female, black, live in the Phoenix area, and even been called the "n" word by one of our "friendly citizens" a few months back. I'm originally from SoCal, and yes the P-H-X has a totally different vibe over here.

BUT....I don't understand why the guy ran the scene? That's what stands out most for me.

I'm am a bit surprised by the fact in a state so tough on DUI laws AND traffic laws that she didn't get any time. I'm shocked in fact, because I've had friends who've been caught doing less and been penalized for more. (and they are White). But really that's what a good lawyer does for you. She has it. He doesn't. It's sad. Hopefully someone will take his case pro bono and get him less time or his case overturned.

Also, the newspaper writing this article has it out for Sherrif Joe and his tough as nails tactics in this state. So I'm not surprised they are smearing his department anyway it can. I'm sure they're are many people in Sherrif Joe's jails that have similar or worse circumstances then this guy and are not black. It's just another tactic that the Phoenix New Times will use to get people to dislike the guy.

Thanks for the insight.
Mockerfab4
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 7:50 pm    Post subject:

frijolero01 wrote:
chef wrote:
The guy charged:

In AZ you can be below the limit and still be arrested for a DUI law. Like I stated in my earlier post, AZ has the TOUGHEST DUI laws. Why? Because we're consistently in the top 5 in DUI deaths in the country.

The law basically states you can be arrested if you are found "impaired to the slightest degree". Read this lawyers article about our DUI laws: http://www.duiarizona.com/Law/Penalties/penalties.htm

And our laws just recently gotten tougher:
1st offense =
mandatory jail time
mandatory breathlyzer in your car for 1 year at a cost of $75/month
suspended license
mandatory classes
Fines up to 2K.

So...if you're in AZ, just don't drink & drive. And don't flee from the scene of an accident! Seriously!!!!
BoredTiger
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 2:12 am    Post subject:

Mockerfab4 wrote:

Insightful.

I felt that the situation was less racial and more social status. The girl's family is well-established in the community and franky, very affluent.

It's like the old west all over again. hahahah...damn town sheriff's biased like no tomorrow towards those who are "established".

Oh well...
methdxman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 7:06 am    Post subject:

Some of these responses are just mind-numbing.

The girl was the main culprit of this incident.

I really hope some of you guys get daughters like this. Idiot spring-break spoiled girls who don't have a care in the world. I really, really hope you do.

If people can't feel sympathy for this guy, America is a sad, sad country. Seriously.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger Reply with quote
Mockerfab4
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 2:36 pm    Post subject:

methdxman wrote:
Some of these responses are just mind-numbing.

The girl was the main culprit of this incident.

I really hope some of you guys get daughters like this. Idiot spring-break spoiled girls who don't have a care in the world. I really, really hope you do.

If people can't feel sympathy for this guy, America is a sad, sad country. Seriously.

Wha??

First off...I am very sympathatic for the guy. Just as I am for ANYBODY who is stuck in jail/prison whatever and can't afford a good lawyer. But sympathy is not going to help this guy. A good lawyer will.

And I hope if my daughter did something stupid, I can afford a good lawyer to help her whether she's guilty or not. What the hell is wrong with that? It's what any parent would do for a child!
BoredTiger
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 3:56 am    Post subject:

I admit I don't have a child or daughter of my own. But I believe I would instill a sense of ethics and good responsibilty in my children.

What this child did was completely irresponsible. Having to get away with it because of Daddy's connections/money is absolutely ludicrous.
chef
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 9:46 am    Post subject:

BoredTiger wrote:
I admit I don't have a child or daughter of my own. But I believe I would instill a sense of ethics and good responsibilty in my children.

What this child did was completely irresponsible. Having to get away with it because of Daddy's connections/money is absolutely ludicrous.

And hit and run isn't completely irresponsible as well?
TACH
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 12:54 pm    Post subject:

chef wrote:
BoredTiger wrote:

He's being punished.... her, the underage drunk driver, not so much... actually not at all...
BallerAli
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 1:07 pm    Post subject:

God Bless America
chef
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 1:15 pm    Post subject:

TACH wrote:
chef wrote:
BoredTiger wrote:

He's being punished.... her, the underage drunk driver, not so much... actually not at all...

Well, I don't know what the court/DA/police found that the facts of the case were. Do you?

But I guess internet investigations and biased news articles are enough to convict!
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: