Saturday - Hopkins vs Calzaghe

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Caron1
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 9:04 pm    Post subject: Saturday - Hopkins vs Calzaghe

Who you got?

Should be a very interesting fight for boxing fans. Calzaghe has demolished a few questionable fighters recently and will want to turn it in to a slugfest, but Hopkins is a veteran and wont allow it. BHop's defense is one of the best in boxing and hes very crafty. Despite being past his prime, Hopkins can still cause problems for younger, stronger fighters because he is so intelligent in the ring. He can fight 3 rounds in 1 style then completely change, for example. Very difficult to execute your gameplan against BHop.

I'll say Bernard Hopkins in a close decision.
Caron1
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 1:11 pm    Post subject:

Hopkins as a 5-2 underdog
Tony Montana
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 6:42 pm    Post subject:

That was one boring fight...
mswift44
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 7:09 pm    Post subject:

Yea i kept dozing off. Not a very good fight.
Caron1
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 8:46 pm    Post subject:

It was boring if you were expecting a slugfest but why would you? Hopkins is never one to do that. I thought it was actually a very exciting fight and a display of skill and defense from Hopkins.

I was more impressed with BHop than Calzaghe. If he didnt take a few rounds off in the middle of the fight he wouldve won, IMO. Calzaghe did a lot of slapping and there wasnt much power behind his punches, while Bernard seemed to land the more powerful shots.

Maybe we just have different tastes but Id watch a chess match like that over a 2 minute UFC glorified wrestling match any day.
vandido626
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 4:11 pm    Post subject:

Caron1 wrote:
It was boring if you were expecting a slugfest but why would you? Hopkins is never one to do that. I thought it was actually a very exciting fight and a display of skill and defense from Hopkins.

I was more impressed with BHop than Calzaghe. If he didnt take a few rounds off in the middle of the fight he wouldve won, IMO. Calzaghe did a lot of slapping and there wasnt much power behind his punches, while Bernard seemed to land the more powerful shots.

Maybe we just have different tastes but Id watch a chess match like that over a 2 minute UFC glorified wrestling match any day.

good thing i chose the UFC fight that night......actually with all the hugging that took place in the b-hop fight i could have sworn i was watching a jijitzu match

bhop doesnt make for very exciting fights, no wonder there were thousands of empty seats in the arena
TACH
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 4:13 pm    Post subject:

vandido626 wrote:
Caron1 wrote:

good thing i chose the UFC fight that night......actually with all the hugging that took place in the b-hop fight i could have sworn i was watching a jijitzu match

bhop doesnt make for very exciting fights, no wonder there were thousands of empty seats in the arena
Me too, the UFC event on Saturday was a good one....
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: