REPPIN 818
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 2:34 pm    Post subject:

PushingtheLimit wrote:
REPPIN 818 wrote:
PushingtheLimit wrote:
Why can't we all just get along?

Sadly war and conflict have been part of the human fabric for as long as history could be recorded. Unfortunately, being in a 'modern' and 'informed' age doesn't change the animalistic and instinctual habits of humans.

Don't blame this on humanity. It's the minority of the idiots that are messed up. I like to feel that the bulk of humanity is good.

If the bulk of humanity was good, then the bulk of the occurrences around the world would be good. The minority of idiots as you call them are the ones running the countries of this world, one that you are a part of. If the majority of humanity is good then why let the 'bad' be in control?

It's just the way the system works.
Although I could also make the argument that once people get into power, they abuse it. Thus, humanity isn't good. I guess I have mixed feelings on it.
PushingtheLimit
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 2:41 pm    Post subject:

REPPIN 818 wrote:
PushingtheLimit wrote:
REPPIN 818 wrote:
PushingtheLimit wrote:

Sadly war and conflict have been part of the human fabric for as long as history could be recorded. Unfortunately, being in a 'modern' and 'informed' age doesn't change the animalistic and instinctual habits of humans.

Don't blame this on humanity. It's the minority of the idiots that are messed up. I like to feel that the bulk of humanity is good.

If the bulk of humanity was good, then the bulk of the occurrences around the world would be good. The minority of idiots as you call them are the ones running the countries of this world, one that you are a part of. If the majority of humanity is good then why let the 'bad' be in control?

Although I could also make the argument that once people get into power, they abuse it. Thus, humanity isn't good. I guess I have mixed feelings on it.

Yeah there's nothing you or I could do to stop it obviously. Hopefully this conflict is put to an end soon. The longer this battle goes, the more chance of other countries getting involved which in turn increases the chance of other wars. After that point its just a slippery slope to hell.
REPPIN 818
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 3:08 pm    Post subject:

PushingtheLimit wrote:
REPPIN 818 wrote:
PushingtheLimit wrote:
REPPIN 818 wrote:
PushingtheLimit wrote:

Yeah there's nothing you or I could do to stop it obviously. Hopefully this conflict is put to an end soon. The longer this battle goes, the more chance of other countries getting involved which in turn increases the chance of other wars. After that point its just a slippery slope to hell.

True, but I'd hope that we would at least try to remain neutral like we did in the world wars.

Little stuff like this is scary, after all WWI started off of a seemingly minuscule issue.
36OFerrari
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 6:09 pm    Post subject:

http://edition.cnn.com/video/

watch the video where the Georgian President speaks to CNN.
Fan0Bynum17
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 7:28 pm    Post subject:

REPPIN 818 wrote:
PushingtheLimit wrote:
REPPIN 818 wrote:
PushingtheLimit wrote:
REPPIN 818 wrote:
PushingtheLimit wrote:

True, but I'd hope that we would at least try to remain neutral like we did in the world wars.

Little stuff like this is scary, after all WWI started off of a seemingly minuscule issue.

No try, stay neutral PERIOD. This is their problem.
Laker_Leo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 12:38 pm    Post subject:

Now here's something else Russia is being accused of.

Georgia Under Online Assault

Link
DocK36
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 8:27 pm    Post subject:

I hope everything turns out OK especially for people who have relatives back there. But I think the Gerogian President really dropped the ball on this one, I mean look at Putin, that guy is just a mean SOB and why on earth would you want to give him any excuse to start a conflict?
Ares24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 8:35 pm    Post subject:

If the capital is attacked, I definitely see Turkey getting in along with other countries.
REPPIN 818
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 12:02 am    Post subject:

"Russia's government must respect Georgia's territorial integrity and sovereignty. The Russian government must reverse the course it appears to be on"

Let's play a game. Guess the idiot who said that. The results really won't be that shocking.

Hint: The word "hypocrite" comes to mind.
PushingtheLimit
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 1:12 am    Post subject:

REPPIN 818 wrote:
"Russia's government must respect Georgia's territorial integrity and sovereignty. The Russian government must reverse the course it appears to be on"

Let's play a game. Guess the idiot who said that. The results really won't be that shocking.

Hint: The word "hypocrite" comes to mind.

Gary Coleman? I knew that guy was always up to no good.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: