Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:41 pm    Post subject:

Pretty good fourth quarter.
Z_Lakers
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

at EOD, winning cures everything....so no matter how crappy we played, i'll take the win anytime...that's what counts...but to quote the Zen Master, "IT'S NOT ABOUT THE DESTINATION, IT'S ABOUT THE JOURNEY"...so it's tough...
danish87
Star Player
Star Player

smiles wrote:
Shannon brown player of the game. He helped the team on defense tremendously.

probably best defender tonight, no doubt
vedanta
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

thurloly wrote:
Gasol need .

No, Gasol does not need a damn thing. LG does. LG needs to understand that he always figures it out. Always. He can have a pair of bad days but heยดs the most trustable guy.

He had a bad day tonight? Yes, but he managed to get 20 points, 8 rebounds, 5 assists and 4 blocks.
frostdude1
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

I couldn't watch the game tonight ... was there MVP or KOBE chants from the New York crowd tonight ??

Last edited by frostdude1 on Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
smiles
Star Player
Star Player

Shannon brown defense was the key.
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:42 pm    Post subject:

frostdude1 wrote:
I couldn't watch the game tonight ... has there been MVP or KOBE chants from the New York crowd tonight ??

Yeah, but don't tell Bill Simmons.
smiles
Star Player
Star Player

it wasn't about offense this game but all defense and he delivered.
City_Dawg
Retired Number
Retired Number

Nice to see the Kobe Pau pick and roll, it was the difference in the 4th

!...
staples8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:43 pm    Post subject:

brown needs more minutes
Laker_Leo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:46 pm    Post subject:

Pau Gasol to donate $20,000 to Haiti Relief Fund.

$1000 for every point scored

Bravo Pau! Bravo!
smiles
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:47 pm    Post subject:

I would donate too if I had earned that much money.
danish87
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:51 pm    Post subject:

Laker_Leo wrote:
Pau Gasol to donate $20,000 to Haiti Relief Fund.

$1000 for every point scored

Bravo Pau! Bravo!

maybe that's why he missed so many free throws.
koolmo23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:31 pm    Post subject:

a good win for the Lakers now we need to win the next 6 games on the road trip
Pau Gasol's Beard
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:04 pm    Post subject:

frostdude1 wrote:
I couldn't watch the game tonight ... was there MVP or KOBE chants from the New York crowd tonight ??

He played like ass for at least 3/4 of the game. Got lit up by a scrub. Hit some big shots down the stretch.
AZ
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:23 pm    Post subject: How come Bynum did not play in the 4th quarter?

I wonder why. As i have been telling you guys, Pau and Bynum combo will never work. Bynum was playing decent in the first half. I knew he would dominate those Knicks frontcourt as they do not have a true center. The guy is a selective minded defender. With his size and the center of the team, he should served as the last defense in the middle but there were a few times that he just stood there without any resistance or effort to at least intimidate. Is this the player you called the future of this franchise? Bynum is just a bargaining chip right now, a very important chip to get the player the Lakers need.

Did they hold him because there is a trade in the works? The next game is in Toronto. I am sure there will be a lot of talks about this rumored trade between Bosh and Bynum.

Watch for the Lakers to keep feeding Bynum the ball on Sunday to show Toronto what they are getting back in Bosh if that trade does come down. Bynum may have to stay in Toronto after the game on Sunday.

A front line of Pau, Bosh and Lo will give the Lakers many intangibles and lots of headache from the opposing team.

Bynum must go and the Lakers knows it.

Remember if there is smoke, there is fire. Bynum is being dangle out there right now and I won't be surprise if a deal comes down sooner than later.

This could be a three team trade and my gut feeling is that the Lakers want a PG to come along with Bosh. Who would it be will depend on the third team involve?

This may come down like when Pau got traded to the Lakers, the end of January. PJ likes Bosh and i am sure he is selling to the upper management to make the trade happen.
2The4th
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:46 pm    Post subject:

I am looking forward to Bynum pounding Bosh to the ground along with this trade talk.
RetroNikes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:46 pm    Post subject:

Because, thats the lineup they use to close games.. They did this last year too.

Having Odom at PF and Gasol at C creates more spacing on the floor so Kobe can operate better.
akola
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:14 pm    Post subject: Re: How come Bynum did not play in the 4th quarter?

AZ wrote:
I wonder why. As i have been telling you guys, Pau and Bynum combo will never work. Bynum was playing decent in the first half. I knew he would dominate those Knicks frontcourt as they do not have a true center. The guy is a selective minded defender. With his size and the center of the team, he should served as the last defense in the middle but there were a few times that he just stood there without any resistance or effort to at least intimidate. Is this the player you called the future of this franchise? Bynum is just a bargaining chip right now, a very important chip to get the player the Lakers need.

Did they hold him because there is a trade in the works? The next game is in Toronto. I am sure there will be a lot of talks about this rumored trade between Bosh and Bynum.

Watch for the Lakers to keep feeding Bynum the ball on Sunday to show Toronto what they are getting back in Bosh if that trade does come down. Bynum may have to stay in Toronto after the game on Sunday.

A front line of Pau, Bosh and Lo will give the Lakers many intangibles and lots of headache from the opposing team.

Bynum must go and the Lakers knows it.

Remember if there is smoke, there is fire. Bynum is being dangle out there right now and I won't be surprise if a deal comes down sooner than later.

This could be a three team trade and my gut feeling is that the Lakers want a PG to come along with Bosh. Who would it be will depend on the third team involve?

This may come down like when Pau got traded to the Lakers, the end of January. PJ likes Bosh and i am sure he is selling to the upper management to make the trade happen.

ehh Last time I spoke to Mitch he said it was Bynum for Bargnani.
bryantest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:23 pm    Post subject:

Bosh for Bynum again?

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!

1) Bringing another PF that has a similar skillset to Pau
2) Not exactly has a big body....looks even a bit thinner than Pau
3) Pau will just get into constant foul trouble as he mans the Center position

If Mitch has a brain, he won't pull of this trade
SQUAD UP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:45 pm    Post subject:

Personally, they just need to trade the kid, get this (bleep) over with. We're just wasting his potential away here in LA, we don't even use him properly. I wanna see him shine on another team and become a dominate player, on a team that would appreciate a big man with skills like he have, cause it's becoming clear that he's not appreciated here with the Lakers. So lets go ahead, trade our guy a supposed softy for another softy, but hey, what does it matter, this guy has a cute outside shooting ability and would he'll make our "precious" triangle offense execution look pretty.

Were probably gonna get biatched even worse by more physical team and still not win the championship, but hey. we're gonna be a scoring run and gun team like the Phoenix suns, thats what the Lakers seem to what to do anyway. Giving Bynum the rock " slows us down", even tho he makes 57% of his shots. I just got to wonder, what lineup Phil is gonna use in the 4th, the Odom/Gasol one or the Gasol/Bosh one.

Sad thing is, i think Phil and the Lakers will work their asses off to make Gasol and Bosh work, they'll put much more effort. They just seem to want Drew outta here no matter what, thats the sense I'm getting. Fisher, Kobe, Artest are not guarding their men, Gasol plays soft, Lakers play piss poor on both ends, Drew gets all the blame. Seems like the everyday occurrence.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 35, 36, 37
Page 37 of 37
Jump to: