Kobe Bryant and Wife Divorcing
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 33, 34, 35  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
THE_SHOES
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 8:10 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Mamba3301 wrote:
I don't know why you guys are obsessing over the money part. Kobe's made so many millions over the years, this is nothing for him. What is he going to do with all this money by himself? I'm sure he has no problem paying spousal support to the mother of his kids. And he seemed happy at practice yesterday. Vanessa was a controlling b*tch. There was the maid incident. Also, there were reports that Kobe was planning to divorce her before the rape allegations in 2003, then had no choice but to stay with her. She probably made life a living hell for him...good riddance. He can join Derek Jeter in the bachelor's club.

Typical Kobe fanboy, blaming everyone else for Kobe's problems. Embarassing.

So glad you spoke up Ventura before I did... (bleep) Immediately it's Vanessa's fault for everything, as if...
Taking sides in this manner would be just awful... In fact just reading it to be informed since it was made public was enough Mamba... Don't start passing judgement...
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 8:38 am    Post subject:

55 wrote:
wow everyone seems to know Vanessa and what a terrible woman she is.

we are all Kobe fans and to us he's the greatest basketball player today - but that doesn't mean he's the greatest husband.
none of us know what goes on behind closed doors so let's not judge the situation.

I wouldn't worry about the money either. He has plenty and any self respecting husband/father would want to take care of his children regardless.

Neither are saints but if Vanessa was really bothered by his cheating she would've left after the Colorado scandal but it wasn't as lucrative as waiting till the 10 year mark and after his greatest earning potential. Seems rather suspect.

But yes the kids are the only innocent ones in all of this.
Lowest Merion
Retired

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 8:44 am    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Mamba3301 wrote:
I don't know why you guys are obsessing over the money part. Kobe's made so many millions over the years, this is nothing for him. What is he going to do with all this money by himself? I'm sure he has no problem paying spousal support to the mother of his kids. And he seemed happy at practice yesterday. Vanessa was a controlling b*tch. There was the maid incident. Also, there were reports that Kobe was planning to divorce her before the rape allegations in 2003, then had no choice but to stay with her. She probably made life a living hell for him...good riddance. He can join Derek Jeter in the bachelor's club.

Not nearly as embarrassing as saying "Kobe the criminal".

LOL. DMR with the sledgehammer.

Last edited by Lowest Merion on Sat Dec 17, 2011 8:56 am; edited 1 time in total
morpheus29
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 8:46 am    Post subject:

SPUYTEN DUYVIL wrote:
Yeah, Kobe plays well when bad stuff happens to him, so this should be really great for us!

See how Kobe comes through for us?! Just when we were worried about the CP3 trade falling apart he has his personal life completely wrecked to provide extra motivation...

I'm just worried it's not enough, though. This Lakers roster has SERIOUS holes. In normal times a divorce would do the trick, but this year it might take a death in the family or murder allegation to get us over the hump.

Anyway, it should be really exciting watching Kobe's personal life fall apart this season... THANKS, KOBE!!

This is no just bad stuff, when kobe had his colorado case he had his family and his wife going through it with him. This is personal and none of us know how kobe feels about his wife and especially his kids. Any sane man would have to have feelings for his kids not just financially but the bond between a father and his children and even his so called gold digger wife who he obviously had love for being married 10 years. Fans act like kobe is a robot and not even human he has some sort of pulse.
hoopschick29
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 8:51 am    Post subject:

Basketball Fan wrote:
55 wrote:

we are all Kobe fans and to us he's the greatest basketball player today - but that doesn't mean he's the greatest husband.
none of us know what goes on behind closed doors so let's not judge the situation.

I wouldn't worry about the money either. He has plenty and any self respecting husband/father would want to take care of his children regardless.

Neither are saints but if Vanessa was really bothered by his cheating she would've left after the Colorado scandal but it wasn't as lucrative as waiting till the 10 year mark and after his greatest earning potential. Seems rather suspect.

Lots of women stay in relationships where the man is cheating even when he doesn't have a dime. I'd like to give Vanessa the credit of being an evil plotter with the foresight to wait 10 years and then leave, but I just don't think she's that smart.

I just think it's the case with most women in these types of marriages - you get to a place where it's no longer worth it. Once you accept that this is what it is and how it's gonna be, you have to decide whether or not you're gonna continue to shut up and deal. That's a universal experience, not limited to anyone's pocketbook.
KobeJaws
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 8:52 am    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Mamba3301 wrote:

Not nearly as embarrassing as saying "Kobe the criminal".
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 9:04 am    Post subject:

hoopschick29 wrote:
Basketball Fan wrote:
55 wrote:

Lots of women stay in relationships where the man is cheating even when he doesn't have a dime. I'd like to give Vanessa the credit of being an evil plotter with the foresight to wait 10 years and then leave, but I just don't think she's that smart.

I just think it's the case with most women in these types of marriages - you get to a place where it's no longer worth it. Once you accept that this is what it is and how it's gonna be, you have to decide whether or not you're gonna continue to shut up and deal. That's a universal experience, not limited to anyone's pocketbook.

While that's true we're talking about a professional athlete that was embroiled in a major scandal (worse than Tiger's I might add) and if there was a time to leave she could but I find it rather convenient she waited shortly after the 10 year mark had passed. I mean really she's going to claim it was cheating(you really think he was going to be faithful?!) People need to realize that Hollywood has different marital standards(if you can call it that) than the rest of us. A lot of these relationships are open as long as discretion is used its when it becomes public knowledge most of them bail to avoid the public humiliation.

Don't get me wrong I think this marriage ended years ago but she was there to restore his image and she stayed to get lifetime spousal support.

In the end they both got what they wanted in the divorce.

The kids don't though.
No. 17
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 9:10 am    Post subject:

hoopschick29 wrote:
Basketball Fan wrote:
55 wrote:

You don't have to be smart to do that. You have to be greedy. Everyone knows that after 10 years it's alimony for life. You think she didn't have attorneys to advise her?

My take on this is that she probably decided to divorce him a long time ago, and waited for the 10 years to pass. It's too obvious.
hoopschick29
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 9:17 am    Post subject:

Quote:
People need to realize that Hollywood has different marital standards(if you can call it that) than the rest of us. A lot of these relationships are open as long as discretion is used its when it becomes public knowledge most of them bail to avoid the public humiliation.

There are A LOT of marriages that are 'Open' regardless of Hollywood status. There's a whole underbelly of married life called 'swinging.' And while that's not my cup of tea, each couple is perfectly free to negotiate the terms of their own union.

But if you're gonna say that Hollywood does or should have different standards of marriage just for the sake of them being Hollywood, then you're wrong. If you take vows, you need to follow those vows. I don't care how much money you have in your wallet. And if you don't think you can fight off the temptation, then dammit don't get married. But if a man wants the married life along with the cheating life, then he is perfectly free to negotiate that with his would be wife. Maybe he can get a AK47-type deal where he gets 1 or 2 freebies a year.
hoopschick29
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 9:22 am    Post subject:

stacato wrote:
hoopschick29 wrote:
Basketball Fan wrote:
55 wrote:

You don't have to be smart to do that. You have to be greedy. Everyone knows that after 10 years it's alimony for life. You think she didn't have attorneys to advise her?

My take on this is that she probably decided to divorce him a long time ago, and waited for the 10 years to pass. It's too obvious.

I really don't care either way, but if that's the case, then good for her. As much as I am NOT a Vanessa fan, she was a very instrumental part of Kobe being able to put that Colorado debacle behind him. And if this is the price he has to pay that stupidity, then so be it.

We all make mistakes in our youth. Kobe's is just going to be a very expensive one.
morpheus29
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 9:31 am    Post subject:

Basketball Fan wrote:
hoopschick29 wrote:
Basketball Fan wrote:
55 wrote:

While that's true we're talking about a professional athlete that was embroiled in a major scandal (worse than Tiger's I might add) and if there was a time to leave she could but I find it rather convenient she waited shortly after the 10 year mark had passed. I mean really she's going to claim it was cheating(you really think he was going to be faithful?!) People need to realize that Hollywood has different marital standards(if you can call it that) than the rest of us. A lot of these relationships are open as long as discretion is used its when it becomes public knowledge most of them bail to avoid the public humiliation.

Don't get me wrong I think this marriage ended years ago but she was there to restore his image and she stayed to get lifetime spousal support.

In the end they both got what they wanted in the divorce.

The kids don't though.

Hollywood is one thang and there is a hollywood code and many play the game and they have open marriages based around that hollywood famous code. But the thing is kobe must didn't play the game with vanessa he must wasn't honest with her from the jump if he laid it all out as far as this is what i do you either roll with it or not then everything would have been cool but his understanding with vanessa was obviously that it is me and you against the world. Kobe was trying have his cake and eat to he didn't have an understanding with vanessa that this is what hollywood famous people do.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 9:57 am    Post subject:

stacato wrote:
hoopschick29 wrote:
Basketball Fan wrote:
55 wrote:

That's just speculation on our part right now.
If you look at the big picture, maybe it was mutually agreed long ago that the divorce will take place around this time. No one knows if Kobe asked her to stick around and rebuild his image and it will be beneficial to the both of them in the long run.
NotFromAroundHere937
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 10:15 am    Post subject:

55 wrote:
stacato wrote:
hoopschick29 wrote:
Basketball Fan wrote:
55 wrote:

That's just speculation on our part right now.
If you look at the big picture, maybe it was mutually agreed long ago that the divorce will take place around this time. No one knows if Kobe asked her to stick around and rebuild his image and it will be beneficial to the both of them in the long run.

That, or they wanted to wait until the kids were a certain age? Idk, but I guarantee she already has a guy.
Trey
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 10:18 am    Post subject:

hoopschick29 wrote:
stacato wrote:
hoopschick29 wrote:
Basketball Fan wrote:
55 wrote:

I really don't care either way, but if that's the case, then good for her. As much as I am NOT a Vanessa fan, she was a very instrumental part of Kobe being able to put that Colorado debacle behind him. And if this is the price he has to pay that stupidity, then so be it.

We all make mistakes in our youth. Kobe's is just going to be a very expensive one.

I have to agree here. Bravo.. .

Everyone deserves one who loves them as number one. it is hard for me to see Kobe as a habitual cheater but if so.. then I could care less if she takes everything but his next paycheck period end of story.

The children deserve an actual father.. not a cheater.. I sure hope he did not continue to cheat on her without her consent.

It would be really hard to be Kobes wife in the first place considering how basketball is #1 2 and 3 in his life..

Props to both of them for staying together as long as they did through as much as they did..

Money /= Love ..
Trey
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 10:20 am    Post subject:

FWIW, Kobe doesnt strike me as the type to be greedy about money.. he could care less what his daughters and babymama get from him..

He seeks happyness and championships.. eos
Mamba3301
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 10:33 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Kobe Bryant and Vanessa Attend School Function Together The Day Divorce News Breaks

Kobe Bryant and his soon-to-be ex-wife Vanessa attended a Christmas recital for their kids just hours before TMZ broke the news the couple was getting a divorce.

Kobe and Vanessa (above, smiling) were spotted together Friday morning at their daughter's school for a musical both of their children appeared in.

Our spy says Kobe and Vanessa next to each other during the show and left together in the same car, but their moods were totally opposite -- Vanessa was chatting with friends and having a good time, while Kobe spoke to no one and appeared "somber."

http://www.tmz.com/2011/12/17/kobe-bryant-wife-divorce-photo/#.TuzkE7-MnTo

Vanessa always has a sour look on her face, the one time I see her smiling is when they are getting divorced
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 10:42 am    Post subject:

Joe Bryant.. "I told you so! Should have gotten a prenup."

I remember one of the things Kobe and his parents argued over was the prenup. Granted, it is strange to marry someone and say, "I love you but sign the prenup cause I don't totally trust you."

Never understood why he got married so young.
Tony Almeida
Retired

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 10:51 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Mamba3301 wrote:

You go there far too often. Something about stones and glass houses. Since you opened it up, let's look back at some rather embarrassing posts over the years, all in the name of fun, of course --

Kobe

venturalakersfan wrote:
Tony Almeida wrote:
KobeDunk wrote:
Either this guy is lying or Kobe is an idiot! That statement makes NO sense whats so ever! He wants to go to a winless bulls team and pretend to be Michael Jordan by living in his house? Kobes a joke! :roll:

Which do you think is the more likely explanation?

I would say it is 50/50

re: Kobe, “Do something, and do it now”:

venturalakersfan wrote:
It's not so easy playing with a target on your back, is it Kobe? I doubt he realized till now how much pressure Shaq took off of him.

venturalakersfan wrote:
superboy wrote:
I'm wouldn't mind trading Kobe to a team that would win many championships than have him sit here as a Laker and not have him win another ring. I'm sorry, I just feel that way. I know, everyone's going to accuse me of being a weak Laker fan or placing a player above the team, but that's just how I feel.

Kobe is so good that it would be a waste for him to remain a Laker if it meant no more championships, and that could very well be a possibility. As much as I hate Phoenix, I wouldn't even mind seeing Kobe go there and turning Phoenix into a dynasty. I just can't help thinking you put another legitimate superstar and some intelligent role players around Kobe, and it will be an unstoppable force.

Besides, I'm so disappointed the last two years with the general state of the NBA, that the only thing I really care about is Kobe. I've been saying that after Kobe retires, I'll probably stop following the NBA completely. I'm almost there now. And don't even think I haven't been the most die hard Laker fan the last 30 years, cuz I have.

So sue me.

Trade Kobe to Phoenix for Amare, Barbosa or Bell, and the Atlanta draft pick.

venturalakersfan wrote:
chazz wrote:
I am so tired of Kobe already...yes he has kept quiet after his lame outburst......but his actions make him look like a spoiled baby.....riding the exercise bike instead of practicing where even his own coAach who was defending him is questioning his heart. Barkley and Kenny Smith are saying that Kobe is a joke on what he is doing.....dogging practices...and not putting an effort out there......I like Kobe but I love the Lakers waaaaaay more......Kobe made his bed...now he has to sleep in it....he will probably get known for not getting past 1st rounds as well with his new team.....Bye Drama!!

I was tired of it in 2004. I wanted Shaq to be traded and either S & T Kobe or let him walk.

venturalakersfan wrote:
loseyourname wrote:
As great as it would be to have Amare, it would be pretty damn depressing to watch Kobe score 35 a game on 55% shooting for the Suns. You know he would, too. I'm still not sure they'd actually win a title with no size, but they'd probably just trot out Nash, Barbosa, Kobe, Marion, and Diaw and score 120 a game. They'd move so fast you couldn't even double Kobe unless you started guarding him while you still had the ball.

Get serious, Kobe will never shoot 55%. His main weakness is his shot selection, that won't change.

And how would going to Phoenix help his quest for being the GOAT? If the Suns would win a title, it would be Kobe helping the 2-time MVP win, not Kobe leading the team to victory. Nash has the hardware, so like with Shaq, Kobe will still be the sidekick.

Three-peat and Kobe's play against the Spurs in 2002 (apparently he wasn't "the impact")?

venturalakersfan wrote:
In all of those series it was Shaq taking on the Spurs big men, leaving single coverage on the remaining Lakers. That is why Shaq was so dominant during those days, double and triple teams were common. The memory I have is Kobe skying for an offensive putback that sealed one of the games. Watch that play and you will see Rick Fox blocking out both Duncan and Robinson, leaving it wide open for Kobe. I am not trying to take anything away from Kobe, but looking at stats fails to illustrate impact. Shaq was our impact back then.

Kobe's play in 05-06:

venturalakersfan wrote:
KobeBryantCliffordBrown wrote:

Weren't you yapping about him being a ball hog and making poor decisions all that season?

He was, his goal that season was to do all he could himself at the expense of developing his teammates. But that is likely to be considered his best season by most. Personally, I take any of 1999-2002. And this season as well.

62 in 3 quarters:

venturalakersfan wrote:
salvosation wrote:

Just for the sake of preserving the legend. Kobe outscored the whole Dallas team at the end of the third quarter. The same Dallas team who represented the West in hte finals that season. Dallas - 61 Kobe - 62.
Too bad NBA games are 4 quarters.

Kobe’s value in 05-06, 81:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Wolverine wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Wolverine wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
7th seed, first round exit, what value did that bring to the league?

January 22, 2006.

The two most important games of the NFL PLAYOFFS had just completed and everyone in the sporting world was talking about a REGULAR SEASON game in the NBA. It was Sportcenter's lead story for the next 24 hours.

Think about that.

Tell me one other player in NBA history who could even dream of bringing that kind of "value to the league".

If you are talking about scoring 81, then the obvious answer would be Wilt, who scored more.

It's not about how many points he scored. You asked how valuable Kobe was to the league that year. Football is America's most popular sport. Yet on the second most important day of the NFL season, America's attention was on a meaningless regular season game in the NBA. Not many players in NBA history (let alone the 2005-06 NBA season) have brought that much value to the league.

The interest was here, but not in places without an NBA team. I called some friends the next day to talk about it, and they weren't aware it had happened.

venturalakersfan wrote:
postandpivot wrote:

apples and oranges as usual with you shake.

do not... i repeat. DO NOT compare kobe with any other jumpshooter. PERIOD. why? he's the only guy guarded by multiple defenders throughout most of the game. No other shooter has to deal with this. so you can compare the two, i'm sorry you just can't.

So the only way a jump shooter can be fouled is if he is guarded by multiple defender?

As I said before, interesting logic in this thread. But that is normal for "let's defend Kobe at all costs" threads.

venturalakersfan wrote:
Wino wrote:
Yeah but that game wasn't even filmed! No television, ONLY word of mouth!! As great as it was, it didn't come close to the "league value" that Kobe's 81 points did!!

I don't know, 46 years later we are still talking about it. Will we be talking about Kobe scoring 81 in 2052? Doubtful, since non-records aren't remembered that long.

What type of play to expect from Kobe, prior to Game 4 of the first round against Denver:

venturalakersfan wrote:
I don't think he will allow Gasol or LO to eclipse his stats. As long as they continue to play defense, we will be good.

Explanation of that post, which again, was before Game 4 of the first round:

venturalakersfan wrote:
That is pretty much what I tried to say. I think Kobe would love to win the Finals MVP, and he would be being the most dominating Laker (considering they win it all). Before some of you Lifetime watchers start to cry about that, realize that it isn't a bad thing. Personally, I hope every player on the team strives to win Finals MVP. Because having them all play to the best of their abilities is the best way to win it all.

After Kobe’s great Game 2 earlier in the same series:

venturalakersfan wrote:
After Pau's great play in Game 1, I didn't expect anything other than this from Kobe.

After 2008 Finals:
venturalakersfan wrote:
msb212 wrote:
listen to what he actually said - I just did. It is nothing even close to what is being reported here.

THis kind of crap is hwat makes this place a joke.

Dr. J simpy said that he was disappointed that Kobe was so flippant in the press conferences during the finals, when the fans are hanging on every game.. he's right.

this thread should be locked.

I'm with you, msb. What kind of moron goes off and criticizes someone for something they don't even know was said? This blind Kobe love has gone too far, I am finding this board harder and harder to stomach. My God, if Kobe's mom came out and said he wet the bed when he was little they wouldn't believe her and call her names. Time to start kicking some ass and taking some names on the way out.

venturalakersfan wrote:
I'm still waiting for an answer from these lightweights, but I doubt they have the cajones to reply.

venturalakersfan wrote:
AssassinsUseDaggers wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Have you heard the interview? Seriously, answer that question.

No i didn't but the OP said he was saying that Kobe isn't an all time great, which would be hilarious because if Kobe isn't an all time great, then Dr. J is Vince Carter. If that's not what he said then fine....but I had no reason to not believe the OP. He doesn't lie. But in retrospect i guess he didn't actually hear the interview either.

So you are just talking out your ass without any intelligent thought, then. Thanks for the reply.

First reply to a thread titled, “LeBron James carries the Cavaliers more than Kobe does the Lakers (sarcasm)”, after Kobe scored 18 in the 4th against Denver in Game 1:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Typical downplaying the contributions of other Lakers. Makes one wonder if there are any Laker fans here.

Shortly after, makes a thread in the Lounge titled, “This is f'n ridiculous” with regards to merging, and says, “GODDAM IT, LET FANS BE (bleep) FANS”.
Irony? Hypocrisy?

Colorado:

venturalakersfan wrote:
postandpivot wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Again, "falsely accused" is a subjective term. We don't know if that is correct or not.

vent stop the hate buddy. we do know its false. It didn't go to trial because the case had zilch to stand on.

I seem to remember that it was dropped when Kobe paid her off and she refused to testify.

venturalakersfan wrote:
Aussiesuede wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
I saw the Yahoo article on Kobe's trip (see the link in the "Magic said we had him" thread) that headline was that they were holding Kobe up as a role model for the children. Sorry, I can't buy that.

Really? I would think most parents would want their children to grow up with Kobe's work ethic. Considering there isn't the same blinding concentration on the few hiccups the man has had in his life abroad like there is here in the US, Kobe is fairly universally looked upon as precisely the type of "Hard Work = Success" story that most parents want their children to attempt to emulate. Folks in the Phillipines are a pretty practical lot (most of Asia for that matter). They aren't nearly as consumed with tabloid judgement of people as we are on this side of the pond. A hardworking, church going, successful, family man, that's shown a consistent appreciation of their adulation - it's no wonder at all why Kobe is so incredibly popular throughout Asia. Those folks generally choose who to adore themselves, instead of buying into the best marketed flavor of the day.

So you ignore the police record and trial? There are better role models with the same work ethic and success, some who have never been arrested. Most aren't involved in sports, however. Off the top of my head, the only sports hero I would consider my children look up to as a role model would be Albert Pujols. Maybe Peyton Manning, or Drew Brees.

venturalakersfan wrote:
So you have no problem with having someone like Kobe for a role model. I prefer to hold my children up to a higher power, someone who hasn't been a criminal.

“Defense” of the statements two years later after having it brought up numerous times:

venturalakersfan wrote:
ocho wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
C M B wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

Yet not transparent enough that you can point to a post where I said anything remotely close to hating Kobe. That's ok, some believe in the tooth fairy, you can believe in whatever fiction you choose.

And you do know the site is Lakersground, not Kobeground, don't you?

You'll just have to repeatedly remind readers to ignore that you characterize Kobe as a CRIMINAL .

venturalakersfan wrote:
So you have no problem with having someone like Kobe for a role model. I prefer to hold my children up to a higher power, someone who hasn't been a criminal.

So that is hate? Kobe was arrested, he was on trial, and he did pay off his accuser. I wouldn't hold anyone like that up as a role model.

You said criminal. How is he a criminal?

Charges filed, hearings held, it was a criminal case. Definitely not a role model. So you playing the LB role here, basing your argument on one word?

Immediate reaction regarding Kobe hitting game winners

venturalakersfan wrote:

*N/A

The forgettable 2006-07 Laker team with scrubs galore:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Of course you will offer an excuse for any suggestion of the team underahieving, as we have already read. They were injured, they had a new coach, they had new players, etc. The team underachieved all of last season and as for the playoffs, I watched every game, and thought the Lakers underachieved big time. You can be proud of their performance in the playoffs if you want, but they grossly underachieved.

Keep your friends close, but enemies closer?

venturalakersfan wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
The media goes with the public sentiment. Many want to see the Celtics back on top, and for KG to get a ring. I have friends who were Laker fans who are now rooting for the Celtics. And the reason is that they don't like Kobe. I think many of the media and other NBA fans fit that mold.

Huge :eye roll:

Then I guess they really aren't Laker fans if they're rooting for the Celtics to win, huh? Just a thought.

Always have been Laker fans, I guess that shows how much they dislike Kobe.

Quote:
You can sure tell there are some young posters here, no self-respecting Laker fan should ever cheer for the Cel

It must be painful to be so consumed with hate that they're willing to throw their life-long sports team under the bus. Their loss.

Maybe not this series.

Emo Kobe?--

venturalakersfan wrote:
Hector the Pup wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Does anyone still believe that Kobe isn't emotionally affected by Wade's success?

Are you talking about the fact that Wade has a t-mobile commercial and he doesn't?

Probably not.

Wade wins a title, Kobe blow up. Wade's team beats the Lakers twice, is there any doubt last night bothered Kobe more than the Cleveland loss did?

Artest

Following the game against the Rockets in the RS after Artest baited Kobe -
venturalakersfan wrote:
I don't know who the bigger idiot is, Artest or the posters here who want him on the Lakers.

venturalakersfan wrote:
deadman8586 wrote:

Artest would had been a laker if he had opted-out last summer, and now I lost all respect for him now and I never want to see his greedy behind here because I'm done.

No he wouldn't,, Lakers want no part of Artest. And don't expect the Lakers to use their MLE and I doubt they give anyone not named Kobe a 5-year contract. CBA expires in two seasons, no need to extend anyone beyond then.

venturalakersfan wrote:
They have turned down every other overature for Artest, some for practically nothing. Buss doesn't want him on the Lakers.

venturalakersfan wrote:
TNLakersFan wrote:
Kings won't help us.

Considering Artest's propensity to leave destroyed teams in his wake, would it be considered helping the Lakers?

The real answer is that Buss has said he wants no part of Artest on the Lakers. I can't understand why people fail to accept that fact.

venturalakersfan wrote:
How many times does Buss have to pass on Artest before people start accepting the fact that he won't be a Laker?

venturalakersfan wrote:
As for Artest, he won't be a Laker, Buss doesn't want to jeapordize his franchise.

venturalakersfan wrote:
Buss wants nothing to do with him, he has the most to lose, which is his good name and the good name of his franchise. Artest hasn't changed, and it is pure fantasy to think that he will. Nothing but pure fantasy.

venturalakersfan wrote:
So if Artest is brought in, what about the games he decides he doesn't want to play? And don't say he won't, he has done that everywhere he has played. Does the team live with that? As I said, Phil flunked out with Rider, he will flunk out with Artest. The saving grace is that Buss has said that he doesn't want to see Artest in a Laker uniform.

venturalakersfan wrote:
Perfect Makes Practice wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Perfect Makes Practice wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
So a player who takes games off just because is the answer to our problems? I thgought we needed toughness. Artest doesn't fit the bill.
Do you really think he will do playing for the Lakers, alongside Kobe, being coached by Phil?

I can see him doing that in Sacramento, playing for a losing franchise, and a rookie coach who he doesn't respect. But not here.

I would guess you also believe in genies? Yes, I believe Artest would do the same thing here he has everywhere else he has played. He even flaked out when he was playing on a team contending for a title. What would be the difference here? That is why Dr. Buss has said he wants no part of Artest in a Laker uniform.

And you're supposed to be a mod? I would've expected a little more restraint from you. I'll be happy to continue debating why I would think Artest would be a great fit here, as so many other posters have said, but let's try to keep it civil.

So, to answer your question, of course I believe in Genies

I see Artest as a wild horse that needs to be tamed. And once you have control over him, he will be the Rodman that was playing for the Bulls.

Believing that Artest will suddenly change his stripes by becoming a Laker is akin to believing in genies. Both are a product of one's imagination.

Random --

venturalakersfan wrote:

It is just a chance for posters like thejet24 to exhibit their jealousy and downgrade Lebron.

venturalakersfan wrote:
I never defended Vlad, only commented on Phil's hatchet job after the trade, the definition of "unprofessional". If you have no problem wiht that, then fine. Integrity is diminishing in society.

venturalakersfan wrote:
If Vlad doesn't get significant playing time, then Phil is an idiot.

Rodman's defense:

venturalakersfan wrote:
RG73 wrote:
Actually Rodman would have gotten every damn rebound to be had out there playing alongside anyone.

That is because that is all Rodman did. He didn't play offense and he didn't play defense.

venturalakersfan wrote:
His "D" kept the Spurs from getting past the Rockets for a couple of years. Who can forget Horry draining 3's while Rodman was under the basket in case he missed. Rodman played D like Kobe does, he tried hard against a big name. His defense was more hype than substance.

Shaq dissing Cap in his rap:

venturalakersfan wrote:
jodeke wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
silver shadow8 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
dmills wrote:
He had a chance but then he had to go and piss it away with his little "Tell me how my ass taste" pseudo free style rap dissing Kobe and Cap. Do yourself a favor and retire with some dignity Shaq.

Shaq didn't diss Cap.

yes he did, in that rap he said somethin like "thats like kareem thinkin hes better than me"

That wasn't what he said.

Yes it was. Listen at around 1:12.
Shaq rap

I have better things to do than listen to what Shaq has to say, that is why I didn't hear it before. If he did diss Kareem then I stand corrected.

Response to trolling?

venturalakersfan wrote:
Fish will bite.

Last edited by Tony Almeida on Sun Dec 18, 2011 5:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mamba3301
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 10:55 am    Post subject:

Venturalakersfan is a hypocrite.
hoopschick29
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 10:55 am    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
Joe Bryant.. "I told you so! Should have gotten a prenup."

I remember one of the things Kobe and his parents argued over was the prenup. Granted, it is strange to marry someone and say, "I love you but sign the prenup cause I don't totally trust you."

Never understood why he got married so young.

Yeah, well I believe had Joe not been such a brute to Kobe about Vanessa in the beginning, he may have never married her, or it would've been a short marriage.
nessa247
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 10:56 am    Post subject:

[quote="Mamba3301"]
Quote:
Kobe Bryant and Vanessa Attend School Function Together The Day Divorce News Breaks

Kobe Bryant and his soon-to-be ex-wife Vanessa attended a Christmas recital for their kids just hours before TMZ broke the news the couple was getting a divorce.

Kobe and Vanessa (above, smiling) were spotted together Friday morning at their daughter's school for a musical both of their children appeared in.

Our spy says Kobe and Vanessa next to each other during the show and left together in the same car, but their moods were totally opposite -- Vanessa was chatting with friends and having a good time, while Kobe spoke to no one and appeared "somber."

hoopschick29
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 10:57 am    Post subject:

Oh Tony, you so know how to shut it down.
raffi
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 10:57 am    Post subject:

Another reason that tattoo was a horrible idea -
Trey
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 10:59 am    Post subject:

I bet those children will turn out to be beautiful human beings so I thank the two of them for that.
akademiks
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 11:00 am    Post subject:

Whoa... Tony just dropped some ether on VLF

Last edited by akademiks on Sat Dec 17, 2011 11:01 am; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 33, 34, 35  Next
Page 15 of 35
Jump to: