The answer on how to Maximize LO for the Lakers
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bounty
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 7:06 pm    Post subject: The answer on how to Maximize LO for the Lakers

It is painfully obvious he cant function with kobe on the floor, however he seems to do a little better when Kobe rests.

Have LO as our 6th man. he no longer runs the offense with kobe and Smush out there. Give Lo free reign by bringing him in as kobes replacement. It will allow kobe longer rests as well as not losing TOO much ground.

Sounds harsh or extreme but with Mihm taking up the slack as being a guy the other team has to guard it makes perfect sense.

LO runs the O. and gets whatever shots he want. His asst. would go down but his pts would skyrocket.

LO w/out Kobe=somewhat aggressive
LO with Kobe= Stands around the 3 line spectating
*Dante*
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 7:12 pm    Post subject:

Nah. Our second scoring option shouldn't be coming of the bench. Odom can be agressive if he wants to but he just decides not to. Anyway I don't see him being with this team after this season. Trade him.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger Reply with quote
40ptmachine
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 7:15 pm    Post subject:

Give him weed !
Sonicc64
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 7:16 pm    Post subject:

therein lies the problem with LO,... he is the perfect teammate for KObe,... BUT,..... not for his contract

you can't have a 14 mil 2nd option that DOESN'T want to be a 2nd scoring option.
40ptmachine
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 7:19 pm    Post subject:

Sonicc64 wrote:
therein lies the problem with LO,... he is the perfect teammate for KObe,... BUT,..... not for his contract

you can't have a 14 mil 2nd option that DOESN'T want to be a 2nd scoring option.

wait until shoes and wolf read this
Sonicc64
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 7:20 pm    Post subject:

they should read it and learn.....

THIS offense, this TEAM.... is not meant for Odom
40ptmachine
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 7:22 pm    Post subject:

Sonicc64 wrote:
they should read it and learn.....

THIS offense, this TEAM.... is not meant for Odom

no team is meat for an underachiever who get paid superstar dollar
Justwar
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 7:26 pm    Post subject:

We just need a PG who can shoot, and play position defense. Hopefully a low turnover guy who can relegate Smush to more of a 6th or 7th man energerizer role. Someone who can run the triangle offense cleanly when we wanna put Odom in the post. I dunno who it'll be but that will help Odom immensely.
40ptmachine
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 7:28 pm    Post subject:

how can U help a guy with no commitment
A Mad Chinaman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 10:32 pm    Post subject: Re: The answer on how to Maximize LO for the Lakers

bounty wrote:
It is painfully obvious he cant function with kobe on the floor, however he seems to do a little better when Kobe rests. Have LO as our 6th man. he no longer runs the offense with kobe and Smush out there. Give Lo free reign by bringing him in as kobes replacement.
There is some merit to this suggestion, though not a long-term solution. Sir Charles made an appropriate comment (surprise) that he's surprised that any player has to be told to be aggressive on the court - especially one that is receiving "superstar" salary!

However with the Lakers guards so freely allowing penetration of the paint, it constantly places our "bigs" in "help mode" to do extra things that they are not able to do. When you have Kwame just taking up space and not doing anything, it clearly exposes the paint for countless layups.

With PJ having place Turiaff in the game during the 3rd quarter, he is giving PT to players that actually earned it. Soon, Bynum will be on the court giving us energy that will compensate for the anticipated rookie mistakes that he will do - and must do if he is going to learn how to play.

Imagine a rotation where Mihm and Kwame coming off the bench - LOL

Note: It was interesting the Green replaced Smush at certain times, wonder what this means - Smush will get less PT?!?! Does he ever puts up his hands when his opponent shoots a shot?!?!?!
Krispy Kreme
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 1:48 am    Post subject:

im dissapointed in LO. yes, he finished with 14/10/7. but again for the 3rd straight homegame, he dissappeared in the 2nd and 3rd q's.

LO's first quarter: 4/5/4

LO in the 2nd and 3rd q's: 3/2/1

unacceptable.
Tarzan008
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 2:30 am    Post subject:

When all things considered gets talked about...........Lamar,etc,etc......I see your points and the others here......but.........

Its really more than anything the "D" that should concern everyone....No passion,and no real intensity......
sodapoppenski
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 4:07 am    Post subject:

Our 6th man?

Good lord Bounty, the DEPTH of your Odom-hate never ceases to amaze me.

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
40ptmachine
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 4:59 am    Post subject:

Lamar dissapoints me sooo muchhhhhhhhhhhhhh
THE_SHOES
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 5:18 am    Post subject:

40ptmachine wrote:

Yup, hater boy, it was non commitment that tied the game up and, gave the Lakers a chance to win in the 4th...
THE_SHOES
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 5:26 am    Post subject:

As for you bounty, LO was igored standing in the high post quite a few times calling for the ball and, was also denied the ball on pick and, roll sequences a few times as well. The jump shots were out of control in the first half is why as you say Odom can't play on the same floor with Bryant. Bryant was in a mano con mano contest with Pierce and,what wasn't going up was going to Cookie. I'm sure you did'nt see any of that though. When that kind of game takes place there is nothin anybody can do but, rebound and defend...

The reason the Lakers closed in the second half is because they start going to the hole and getting the Celts in foul trouble like they did to the Lakers in the first half...

NOw, that is what really happened...
Mark_in_Tulsa
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 6:14 am    Post subject:

40ptmachine wrote:
Lamar dissapoints me sooo muchhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Dude, the amount of childish random hate comments and topics that you make that don't make sense about LO, remind me of what a little school boy would do when he has a crush on a girl.

Just pull her hair and run, or make fun of her.
40ptmachine
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 7:11 am    Post subject:

THE_SHOES wrote:
40ptmachine wrote:

Yup, hater boy, it was non commitment that tied the game up and, gave the Lakers a chance to win in the 4th...

Yup, lover boy, we lost by one, How many FT did Lamar missed in the 4th ?
dadamookie
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 7:19 am    Post subject:

When LO wants to get to the basket, he gets to the basket. I really think its up to him to decide when and how he wants to score.
ignardlakerfan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 7:20 am    Post subject:

shoot him in the head...is the way to maximize odumb and blast on kwame for good measure...

just kidden
THE_SHOES
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 7:31 am    Post subject:

40ptmachine wrote:
THE_SHOES wrote:
40ptmachine wrote:

Yup, lover boy, we lost by one, How many FT did Lamar missed in the 4th ?

The Lakers had 3 guys on the night that were perfect from the free throw line so, no that angle won't get it either...
Try again, or maybe you should wait till your hateful sidekick bounty gets here so, your club will be complete. By yourself there is no chance...
That was beyond weak and, did nothing but further justify pure hate and, nothing based in fact.

Last edited by THE_SHOES on Mon Feb 27, 2006 8:05 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
angel
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 7:57 am    Post subject:

One pass last night could have made the difference. He was under the basket. If Walton passed LO the ball, there was a good chance, he would have been the hero.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 8:01 am    Post subject:

It wasn't Lamar that made a bone headed play that cost the Lakers the game this time.

If you are going to (bleep) all over Lamar for making mistakes in the clutch - atleast acknowledge the guy had a huge play in the 4th and had it not been for Kobe and Walton's play after that - we would have won this one or gone to OT.

Walton passed to Kobe over a guy that was wide open.

Odom 6th man? Sure. Why not.

Let's go get Aldridge in June.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
40ptmachine
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 8:21 am    Post subject:

Odom lovers just think about the lucky play he did at the end. What about missing 4 FT in crunch time ? he dissapears in crunch time.

I laugh when jack gave Lamar a standing ovation when he reached double digits

i can't wait for lamar getting traded !
bounty
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 8:22 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
It wasn't Lamar that made a bone headed play that cost the Lakers the game this time.

If you are going to (bleep) all over Lamar for making mistakes in the clutch - atleast acknowledge the guy had a huge play in the 4th and had it not been for Kobe and Walton's play after that - we would have won this one or gone to OT.

Walton passed to Kobe over a guy that was wide open.

Odom 6th man? Sure. Why not.

Let's go get Aldridge in June.

this isnt about boneheaded plays, and this isnt an LO hater thread ITS ABOUT WINNING. They cant play together. If LO is the Primary player on the floor(2nd unit) he can freelance, run HIS offense etc. We dont need him with Kobe. Kobe does it all by himself due to lack of help. LO coming off the bench gives us a little bit more punch from a god awful unit

IF LO is proving to have a solid offensive game THEN YOU put them in together forcing the other team to pay attention, in turn taking pressure off kobe.

Smush
Kobe
DG
Kwame
Mihm

Sasha
Luke
LO
Turiaf
Kwame
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: