sasha sasha!!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Flight
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 6:09 am    Post subject:

Add me in to the Sasha Club.

I've liked and backed him from day 1. Once he bulks up and gains more strength, he's going to be a very effective player.
Agar5
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 8:54 am    Post subject:

I'm happy to see him maturing and playing better. All he needs is confidence for his shot to go down in the games and he could really cause some problems for other teams when Kobe is double or triple teamed.
LakersPimp
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 10:31 am    Post subject:

how do u guys like sasha so much...when ALL he gets are WIDE open jumpers...and misses so many of them...and he does play good pressure defense...but he cant really move laterally...and he REFUSES to drive to the whole...and at the same token hate SMUSH so much...i dont get it. I want sasha to do well...but if he was black, he would be a dumb player....
thumpinghead
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 10:44 am    Post subject:

Sasha IS still a kid. If Sasha was in college he would drilling more of the NCAA threes then anyone, he would dominate!

Black or white, when Sasha's confidence rises a tad, (and its bound to did he jus turn 21??) he's going to be a deadly weapon with his shot.
Supa
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 11:34 am    Post subject:

lakers0505 wrote:
And a Sasha Not here, he leads the nba in a category, in highest Assisted FG made Rate, at 91.4%....interesting too kobe, has been only 6/25 on game winning shoots, this is from 03-0 too now. Im sure his overall career numbers are better, but hey all that matter is that he delivers in primetime, and i dont believe he has ever let us down then.

Unfortunately they found a perfect Kobe hating stat. The problem is that when when his team is in position to win late in games, Kobe always comes through and hits big time shots which secure or steal the win.

Besides, teams never allow Kobe to get a good game winner off. How many times do we see two guys on Kobe when we're in that situation? He's got so much respect in that situation that teams won't let him get a good shot off, sometimes even having two guys on him before the inbounds.
Supa
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 11:39 am    Post subject:

On the subject of Sasha. I think he'll be a good player. He can be a starter someday. He has the tools. He's still very young and has the desire. Those shots are going to start going in consistently eventually, and that will be invaluable.
4OnTheFloor
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 11:42 am    Post subject:

I would to congradulate Sasha on making his first driving layup in traffic of his career.
Mark_in_Tulsa
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 11:56 am    Post subject:

Well we have;

Laker_in_Tulsa, kobe_somebody_odom, LakerFan4Lyfe, lakersdynasty999, methticaL, lakez34, lakers0505, waterman40, ElginBaylor, K8B_Flight.

Who have said they are in the Sasha Club. lol.

Now I'm sure next time he throws one away, we be all over him. But I really do think when this kid grows up he will be really good.
Maybe Mitch really can read talent!!!!
D-Dogg
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 12:32 pm    Post subject:

I love Sasha, and it's idiotic that people bash him. He gives his all on the court, every night. He's heart and desire. Him, Ronny and Kobe all play with passion and I respect that to the highest degree.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
More_Than_A_Fan
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 12:58 pm    Post subject:

D-Dogg wrote:
I love Sasha, and it's idiotic that people bash him. He gives his all on the court, every night. He's heart and desire. Him, Ronny and Kobe all play with passion and I respect that to the highest degree.

What he said
flashakadrano
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 1:10 pm    Post subject:

i hope all you sasha clubbers are right.

i dont agree, and i think, at best, he'll be a good backup guard.

i love his effort, but i wish he could do more with that effort. i wish he could get his confidence up, be a good gametime shooter, and refine his skills on both ends of the court.

however, i can say the same thing for von wafer, and many other players who ride the bench in the nba.
magic_bryant
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 1:14 pm    Post subject:

A Sasha fan club???

I've heard it all now.

I love the kid's game. He's a better fit for this team than Smush. Sasha makes the offense "flow" more fluidly, while raising the entire team's energy on D.
Stephon Marbury on Kobe: "He's the only person on 'dis earth that can do 'dat. He guards people, like shuts 'em down. Then, to do 'dat on 'da offensive end. It's like 'Damn, I can't score on him AND he about to bust my ass."
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
kobe_somebody_odom
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 1:29 pm    Post subject:

LakersPimp wrote:
how do u guys like sasha so much...when ALL he gets are WIDE open jumpers...and misses so many of them...and he does play good pressure defense...but he cant really move laterally...and he REFUSES to drive to the whole...and at the same token hate SMUSH so much...i dont get it. I want sasha to do well...but if he was black, he would be a dumb player....

Sasha just seems to be clutch. Like D-Fish-0.4 clutch. I think even IF he sits on the bench, he will be key to a championship. That Utah game just solidified my faith in the guy. He has hit big shots all year despite the bad FG%. I've even seen him pull up in transition and lauinch a 3 with Kobe on the wing. He has confidence, just not the NBA 3 range yet IMO. He is definately our least turnover prone guard and makes good fundamental passes. Like most Euros he will hit his stride around 24 or so. That three last night when we were down was huge.

Jump on the bandwagon while theres plenty of seats
Supa
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 1:35 pm    Post subject:

Here's a game that everybody forgot about. I had to delete it from my DVR because I needed room, but that's how I was reminded of it.

LINK

Kobe hit the game winning free throws, but Sasha is the reason we were able to win that game. He played played the whole fourth quarter and hit some huge shots, on a perfect 3/3 FG 2/2 3PFG, scoring 10 of his 12 points.
SHAQ/KOBE=#1
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 1:51 pm    Post subject:

If Sasha gets his 3pt shooting up to 40% (and he has the form to do it) then I would see a point in keeping him or having him as a regular rotation player.

But right now he is hitting only 33% from distance (Smush is higer) and while I love his intensity, that doesn't prevent him from getting burned on a nightly basis.

Right now his best quality is that he facilitates ball movement and doesn't turn the ball over. Other than that, Smush outplays him in every facet of the game.
ncaugnit
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 4:28 pm    Post subject:

I think we'll see a little more from Sasha....with Jimmy Jack breathing down his neck for playing time.
they-perch
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 5:14 pm    Post subject:

i wont go overboard like some people are right now. but i do agree, im a sasha fan and i have faith in his potential. how old is he right now? barely 22. this kid is at the age of a college senior. A COLLEGE SENIOR. realistically he'd be coming out of college this year and next year would be his true rookie season. he's adjusting well. and anytime a player is that young their progress is not a straight upward incline, theres a staggered progress of two steps forward one back.

he had a HUGE CONTESTED shot last night and drove well through traffic and more importantly converted on his layup.

he has potential for sure, he's very young and people need to realize that. hope he keeps it up.
VujacicFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 5:40 pm    Post subject:

Those Sasha lovers are all bandwagoners! When Sasha wasn't on hot fire there was no one defending him. I'm one of the original Sasha fans and I'm the one that actually went out and waited three hours on line to see him. I'm glad to see that Sasha even has a bandwagon though. He played terrific and as usual, was extrememly clutch
they-perch
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 5:52 pm    Post subject:

VujacicFan wrote:
Those Sasha lovers are all bandwagoners! When Sasha wasn't on hot fire there was no one defending him. I'm one of the original Sasha fans and I'm the one that actually went out and waited three hours on line to see him. I'm glad to see that Sasha even has a bandwagon though. He played terrific and as usual, was extrememly clutch

check my post history, i was in here defending him this summer and getting attacked for my faith. especially during the spl when he was getting flamed hard. i always had faith in him.
Michlake
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 5:56 pm    Post subject:

More_Than_A_Fan wrote:
D-Dogg wrote:

What he said

so Sasha tries hard, big deal. I tried hard when I played high school ball, doesn't mean I should have been given minutes. The kid does not have the speed and change of direction to play this game-end of story.
D-Dogg
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 7:27 pm    Post subject:

Michlake wrote:
More_Than_A_Fan wrote:
D-Dogg wrote:

What he said

so Sasha tries hard, big deal. I tried hard when I played high school ball, doesn't mean I should have been given minutes. The kid does not have the speed and change of direction to play this game-end of story.

Wrong, he does just fine guarding everyone but Parker, and what's more he gets into their heads and throws them off their game. But please keep your blinders on and misunderstand everything about basketball. Sasha is a hard-nosed player, gives it all, good midrange shooter, tenacious on D, pesky and has his own swagger. And he's 22 with two years in the NBA. He's going to be a perfectly fine player in the league. End of story.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 7:29 pm    Post subject:

SHAQ/KOBE=#1 wrote:
If Sasha gets his 3pt shooting up to 40% (and he has the form to do it) then I would see a point in keeping him or having him as a regular rotation player.

But right now he is hitting only 33% from distance (Smush is higer) and while I love his intensity, that doesn't prevent him from getting burned on a nightly basis.

Right now his best quality is that he facilitates ball movement and doesn't turn the ball over. Other than that, Smush outplays him in every facet of the game.

Ding ding ding. We have a winner.

Any above average HS or average JUCO players could hit a couple of shots in a row every 10th game.

Where you see potential, I see a wasted roster spot. What is his highest possible upside? Eric Piakowski?
Michlake
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 7:35 pm    Post subject:

D-Dogg wrote:
Michlake wrote:
More_Than_A_Fan wrote:
D-Dogg wrote:

What he said

Wrong, he does just fine guarding everyone but Parker, and what's more he gets into their heads and throws them off their game. But please keep your blinders on and misunderstand everything about basketball. Sasha is a hard-nosed player, gives it all, good midrange shooter, tenacious on D, pesky and has his own swagger. And he's 22 with two years in the NBA. He's going to be a perfectly fine player in the league. End of story.

I think you are mistaken and are talking about Marcus Banks and not Sasha.

Sasha with out a doubt is one of the worst defensive PG's in the league. In the last GS game even Fisher blew by him on 5 or 6 different occasions.

"good midrange shooter"- just look at the stats-they do not lie-last time I checked he was shooting about 35% from the field.

"tenacious on D"- that does not mean anything when his man can beat him off the dribble every time.

Who else do you think is good on defense? Brain Cook, Luke Walton?
lakersdynasty999
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 9:08 pm    Post subject:

More_Than_A_Fan wrote:
D-Dogg wrote:

What he said

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Reply with quote
ishi331
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 9:11 pm    Post subject:

I'll join if he performs well again Friday against the Spurs. If he mans up and has a good game, then I will support him. And anyways, he's got a sweet shot.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: