Who do we want too win between King/Memphis Tonight?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
doughboy
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 8:42 am    Post subject:

Memphis of course.........
prisma8slg
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 9:00 am    Post subject:

memphis.

"I've seen it all. Sasha dunked on somebody," Kobe Bryant said. "I'm ready to retire now."
ncaugnit
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 11:24 am    Post subject:

Don't look behind...look ahead. We want the 6th seed. Memphis is ahead of us. We get to play the Kings 2 more times(this month!). If we handle our beeswax like we're supposed to noone behind us will be a factor. We're done playing the Grizz however, we need them to drop some games.

Don't tell me ya'll are afraid of the Queens. The Cockets? The azz?

Stop Playin'.
minervafilms
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 11:28 am    Post subject:

The Kings are easily the most likely to keep us out of the postseason. It is FAR more likely that they overtake us rather than us overtaking the Grizzlies.

If we lose tonight (which we will) and the Kings win, we're only 1/2 game ahead of them. We NEED the Grizzlies to win tonight.
Bystander
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 11:34 am    Post subject:

I'm realist, go Grizzlies.
ncaugnit
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 11:35 am    Post subject:

minervafilms wrote:
The Kings are easily the most likely to keep us out of the postseason. It is FAR more likely that they overtake us rather than us overtaking the Grizzlies.

If we lose tonight (which we will) and the Kings win, we're only 1/2 game ahead of them. We NEED the Grizzlies to win tonight.

We won't lose tonight.

you heard it here fi(cough)....firs(cough)....first(cough)(cough)(hagch!)...damn that's some fire(cough)
raffi
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 11:43 am    Post subject:

It's Memphis - we have a better chance of catching the Clips.
AussieLakerFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 12:48 pm    Post subject:

We need Memphis win tonight. No use trying to catch them if we have someone hot on our heals... More than likely if Sac wins they will not only catch us but leap frog us...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Reply with quote
vvbandit
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 12:57 pm    Post subject:

Dont forget Go Indy vs NOK we need NOK to just keep on losing
Laker_Dynasty
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 1:01 pm    Post subject:

Considering Sac is only 1 back in the L column and we are 3 back from Memphis in the L column, I say I want Sac to lose.

Time for the Lakers to create a whole new legacy! We want 10 more trophies boys!
LakerJam
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 1:01 pm    Post subject:

junebug wrote:
tgf5 wrote:
junebug wrote:
tgf5 wrote:
junebug wrote:
tgf5 wrote:
Kings. Grizz have an easier schedule, so a loss here would be better.

We won't catch the Grizzlies. No way. They have the easiest schedule left in the league. Furthermore We are 1-3 against them. :roll: We better hope the Kings to lose.

As long as it's mathematically possible, I'm not going to count it out.

So did last year. And result?

Is this last year?

Honestly we are not better than last year. It looks like Kobe's super performance hides our weakness well so far. We are still barely .500 team.

That IS better than last year. In case you didn't know, we were 14 games below .500 last year.

We need the Kings to lose and anyone not realizing that they're hot on our arse right now, isn't paying attention. We stand a very good chance of being thrown out of the playoffs by the Kings. They must lose, especially since we have a good chance of being beaten by the Spurs - which would put us exactly 1/2 game ahead of the Kings. That's not a good thing, especially with the roll they've been on.

Memphis needs to win. We need Memphis to win. We need to win, too.

Last edited by LakerJam on Fri Mar 10, 2006 1:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
LakerJam
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 1:04 pm    Post subject:

kobeodom wrote:
sacto. why, you ask? cuz i have two people in sacto in my fantasy

Oh, well if it's your fantasy team then never mind what's better for the Lakers.
NoMoreGame7s
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 2:01 pm    Post subject:

ncaugnit wrote:
Don't look behind...look ahead. We want the 6th seed. Memphis is ahead of us. We get to play the Kings 2 more times(this month!). If we handle our beeswax like we're supposed to noone behind us will be a factor. We're done playing the Grizz however, we need them to drop some games.

Don't tell me ya'll are afraid of the Queens. The Cockets? The azz?

Stop Playin'.

That's what I'm talkin about - right there!!! If we believe in ourselves, all we need to worry about is catching the teams ahead of us. Screw the teams behind us. We have 2 more chances to lay a loss on the Kings. Why hope for a loss for them tonight, when the cost would be a win for a team that is standing in our way of the 6th seed, and a first round meeting with Denver?
Scherm
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 2:21 pm    Post subject:

What's a healthier focus to have -- gunning for the teams ahead of you and playing your guts out to track them down, or looking back over your shoulder and hope the teams behind you aren't gaining on you?

Or if you want a third way you don't root for any other team -- you just take care of your business and let the chips fall where they may.
tgf5
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 2:30 pm    Post subject:

KobeButler wrote:
tgf5 wrote:
KobeButler wrote:
Plus if we lose against the Spurs tonight which could most likely be the case and Kings win...were tied in the loss column. Not good. Again, any seperation we can get from those bottom teams is a good thing for us.

The other teams don't worry me much, I also think NO is going out playoff contention.

why dont other teams worry you?

I agree the Hornets may fall out of contention...but the Rockets and Kings are rolling. Rox are only 3 games back in the loss column, Kings are only 1 game back in the loss column. Rockets won 7 of their last 10 games.. Kings same wise, theyve won 7 of thier last 10 as well. Lakers on the other hand have been very sporadic all season. We can go on hot runs winning against some good teams, at the same time we can go on very bad losing runs where we lose against horrible teams. Theirs reason to be concerned or worried.

Houston? Yao is the only one carrying them and he will tire out soon, and McGrady's back is done. Sorry but with only 20 games left, 3 games back is still a big difference and I guess you haven't looked at Houston's schedule yet either. They still have a 6 game ROAD TRIP.
minervafilms
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 2:36 pm    Post subject:

tgf5 wrote:
Houston? Yao is the only one carrying them and he will tire out soon, and McGrady's back is done. Sorry but with only 20 games left, 3 games back is still a big difference and I guess you haven't looked at Houston's schedule yet either. They still have a 6 game ROAD TRIP.

Houston do have a tough schedule. But a three game difference is not that much. It's the difference between going 13-7 and 10-10, and the way Houston (and Yao) in particular have been playing recently, 13-7 is perhaps within their reach (and a 10-10 Lakers finish would not surprise anyone). The Rockets are very much still in the running.
NoMoreGame7s
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 2:42 pm    Post subject:

Scherm wrote:
What's a healthier focus to have -- gunning for the teams ahead of you and playing your guts out to track them down, or looking back over your shoulder and hope the teams behind you aren't gaining on you?

Or if you want a third way you don't root for any other team -- you just take care of your business and let the chips fall where they may.
CBaller8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 2:45 pm    Post subject:

Memphis
33MDE
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 2:48 pm    Post subject:

Time for the kings to bow down to the grizz. Ware them out Memphis
Exick
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 2:58 pm    Post subject:

As long as the Lakers win, it doesn't matter who wins other games, though a Memphis loss certainly boosts our ability to eventually catch them.

Realistically speaking, I want the Kings to lose, for more reasons than just breathing room. I hate the Kings and them winning is anathema to me. Plus, Eddie is on the Grizz and I'd like to see West have some success over there as well. Not at the expense of the Lakers, but still.
orwell
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 3:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Who do we want too win between King/Memphis Tonight?

lakers0505 wrote:
Who do we want too win between King/Memphis Tonight?

Preferably, the Lakers!
TACH
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 3:47 pm    Post subject:

Memphis... but at this point, with the number of Western Conference potential playoff teams on the Lakers schedule, they have completely control their destiny:

Queens twice
NOK twice
Houston once
Clips once
GS once
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
KobeButler
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 4:03 pm    Post subject:

tgf5 wrote:
KobeButler wrote:
tgf5 wrote:
KobeButler wrote:
Plus if we lose against the Spurs tonight which could most likely be the case and Kings win...were tied in the loss column. Not good. Again, any seperation we can get from those bottom teams is a good thing for us.

The other teams don't worry me much, I also think NO is going out playoff contention.

why dont other teams worry you?

I agree the Hornets may fall out of contention...but the Rockets and Kings are rolling. Rox are only 3 games back in the loss column, Kings are only 1 game back in the loss column. Rockets won 7 of their last 10 games.. Kings same wise, theyve won 7 of thier last 10 as well. Lakers on the other hand have been very sporadic all season. We can go on hot runs winning against some good teams, at the same time we can go on very bad losing runs where we lose against horrible teams. Theirs reason to be concerned or worried.

houston plays better on the road. Their pretty much playing st top of their game right now.
lakers0505
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 4:27 pm    Post subject:

I say sacto, because i want too have a chance a playoff series, we dont get that 6th seed, and yea u know whats coming.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: