OFFICIAL PAU GASOL TRADE SPECULATION (Update Pg.4 - John Ireland: Paul Millsap/Devin Harris Rumor)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Voices
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 7:13 pm    Post subject:

I take deal #4 Love Scola, hard nose steady true pf, Martin can flat out score, the west version of Ray Allen, and Lowry is no Sessions he can play. Would rather have Dragic though...both are really good pg.
Captain Explosion
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 8:04 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
USCandLakers wrote:
If we can get Lowry for Gasol, and assuming Deron gets a S&T from the Nets to come here, we wouldn't have to trade Bynum to get Deron. Nets would be foolish to turn down Lowry.

Lowry and an expiring Martin plus a first rounder would be tough for nets to deny...right?

Yes, I think nets would definetely take Lowry, Martin (talented and expiring), and a first for D-will, and would probably be thrilled about it. But if Im the lakers I would take Lowry, Martin, and a first over D-Will too. I think D-Will is a very good player, but I dont even think he is close to the best PG in the NBA like so many here think. Plus he is about to turn 28 and I dont think he would be a very good fit either. He definetely isnt the super star people here think he is.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 8:08 pm    Post subject:

No Fat Chicks!!!!! wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
USCandLakers wrote:
If we can get Lowry for Gasol, and assuming Deron gets a S&T from the Nets to come here, we wouldn't have to trade Bynum to get Deron. Nets would be foolish to turn down Lowry.

Lowry and an expiring Martin plus a first rounder would be tough for nets to deny...right?

Yes, I think nets would definetely take Lowry, Martin (talented and expiring), and a first for D-will, and would probably be thrilled about it. But if Im the lakers I would take Lowry, Martin, and a first over D-Will too. I think D-Will is a very good player, but I dont even think he is close to the best PG in the NBA like so many here think. Plus he is about to turn 28 and I dont think he would be a very good fit either. He definetely isnt the super star people here think he is.

Tue. But for better or worse, usually the better, lakers are about getting "superstars" and Dwill is one over Lowry and Martin, the latter two mightnbe sensible, but lack the sizzle needed to be Lakers.
Captain Explosion
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 8:43 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
USCandLakers wrote:

Tue. But for better or worse, usually the better, lakers are about getting "superstars" and Dwill is one over Lowry and Martin, the latter two mightnbe sensible, but lack the sizzle needed to be Lakers.

Deron williams is in the middle of his prime and probably wont improve. As a matter of fact, he was worse in NJ. If D-Will isnt quite a superstar now, he likely will never be. I sure don't think he will transform into one in LA because he wont be the first option and he wont be a perfect fit. I would love D-Will, but I would take Lowry (IMO a much better fit), Martin, and a first over D-will (although im not sure HOU would do that). What does sizzle matter? I hope LA fans really arent that superficial. We havent obtained a new "superstar" in 16 years. There not that easy to get. I would hope management would choose the best package over sizzle. And its not like D-will is all that flashy of a player anyway. I mean come on, we started Fisher for how many years? I doubt management has suddenly become star *uckers and want a player just because he is a big name
AY2043
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 9:14 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
USCandLakers wrote:

I see us taking Lowry and Martin purely to save money. Deron may have the sizzle that you mention, but IMO times have changed and the front office is trying their best to get within range of the cap while still fielding a competitive team. Just dealing with Houston does that. Paying Deron, Kobe, and Bynum (or Dwight) is expensive and hinders our ability to get quality players around them.
THE_SHOES
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 5:08 am    Post subject: ESPN SPECULATION: Pierce for Gasol? Somebody tell me what Pierce could they be talking about...

Who has insider? Please tell me what is going on with this!!!

They can't be talking about Paul Pierce! Seriously? Seriously?
Wagyu Kobe
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 5:21 am    Post subject:

Rumor Central: Pau Gasol

ESPN Insider Chris Sprow discusses trade rumors surrounding Pau Gasol.
Tags: ESPN Insider, Rumor Central, Chris Sprow, NBA, Trades

As long as Andrew Bynum's petulance doesn't change his protected status with the Los Angeles Lakers -- and it apparently hasn't -- and fear of fans storming the El Segundo offices keeps them from even entertaining the thought of seeing what they can get for Kobe Bryant -- and it has -- they really have only one option if they hope to rejoin the NBA's elite group of title contenders this offseason: Trade Pau Gasol.

But what exactly can they get for him?

If we take into consideration the Lakers' needs -- from both a personnel and salary-cap standpoint -- as well as the type of teams that would rejuvenate Gasol, the possibilities are winnowed rather quickly from 29 to four. To be clear, these are not all scenarios that have been discussed, but rather trade partners and potential return pieces that other GMs said -- pretending to be the Lakers' Mitch Kupchak -- they'd explore.

Gasol to the Boston Celtics for Paul Pierce

If the Lakers are looking for a go-to scorer from the wing who can take some of the burden off Bryant, they can't do much better than bringing Pierce home to L.A. The Lakers are committed to sticking with Bynum because they believe he can be a consistent shot-blocking, glass-eating, low-post scoring threat.

Brian Babineau/NBAE/Getty Images
Paul Pierce would provide instant offense for his hometown Lakers.
Bynum on the block with Pierce on one wing and Bryant on the other is a completely different look than the Lakers have had in recent years but is no less tantalizing. If this year's second round proved anything, it's that Kevin Durant poses a matchup problem for the Lakers that Metta World Peace no longer solves. Pierce has the size and bulk both to push Durant above the arc to get the ball, especially with a shot-blocker like Bynum behind him, and wear him down at the other end attacking from the elbows. Durant is only going to get better, but for the next year or two it's probably the best available counter-move available to the Lakers.

The added bonus is that it saves the Lakers a few bucks -- $38 million going out, $32 million coming in -- and make no mistake: ownership wants to pare down the third-highest payroll in the league, a rank that will not be easy to shed with Bynum due for an extension as well.

The attraction for the Celtics? A pick-and-roll partner for point guard Rajon Rondo and a rim protector, presuming Kevin Garnett will be riding off in the sunset. Even if they were to bring KG back, he and Gasol are wholly compatible. The deal is a lot more palatable if Jeff Green is a lock to return from heart surgery, since he would at least partially fill the hole left by Pierce.

Gasol, Metta World Peace and Steve Blake to the Chicago Bulls for Luol Deng, Carlos Boozer and C.J. Watson

Insider Premium Audio
Ric Bucher discusses with ESPN NBA analyst Hubie Brown the options for the Los Angeles Lakers and Pau Gasol. Listen

Gasol already has let it be known, through back channels, that he'd invite a deal to the Bulls and it's not hard to see why. One, he'd be joining a young team with tremendous chemistry and a power forward's dream point guard in Derrick Rose, both willing to carry the scoring burden when needed, especially at crunch time, but just as happy to draw double-teams and let the offense run through his big men. Most important, the Bulls are title contenders and as Gasol's former coach and current ESPN NBA analyst Hubie Brown noted in this week's podcast, having a team that's playing for the big prize is vital to keeping Gasol engaged at this point in his career.

I understand Lakers fans who might look at this deal and say "Mehh." The lure of sunny L.A., the gilded history of the franchise and the savvy of its front office have convinced some that every deal should be lopsided in their favor, but that's not the present reality. The top free agents aren't clamoring to wear purple and gold, the roster is not loaded with moveable assets, and ownership is eyeing the bottom line like never before.

Deng is a significant upgrade over Peace, who is five years older and has neither Deng's offensive slashing ability nor defensive athleticism at this point. "He's running on fumes," said one GM of Peace. Watson is four years younger than Blake, a far better shooter and less expensive as a backup point guard. Boozer does not have Gasol's length or mobility, but let's put it this way: He's closer to Gasol right now than Peace is to Deng. Boozer has his defensive deficiencies, but his offense is perfect for playing off someone with Bynum's skill set.

It's also worth noting that Deng was the player Bryant insisted remain in Chicago when Bryant was determined to become a Bull five years ago. Overall, the deal is so balanced that the Bulls might actually have to think twice about whether Gasol for Boozer is worth the downgrade at the other two spots. (Forget Joakim Noah instead of Boozer; while he might be an overall better player, he's not a good fit alongside Bynum offensively because neither of them is a consistent threat away from the basket.)

The tripwire in this deal for the Lakers is not the exchange of talent but the financial burden. The Lakers are not only trying to improve their roster but also trim the third-highest payroll in the league, a figure that is not going down anytime soon, with the need to sign Bynum to an extension before next summer. Gasol, Peace and Blake have $67 million still coming to them, while Boozer, Deng and Watson are owed $78 million.

Gasol to the Philadelphia 76ers for Andre Iguodala and Spencer Hawes

If there's a third available option for the Lakers to improve at small forward, it's Iguodala who, despite the Sixers' surprising season and admirable second-round showing against the Celtics, is still on the block. Iguodala is not the offensive threat Pierce is in half-court sets but he has more left defensively.

Hawes, who would have to be a sign-and-trade element in the deal, would give the Lakers two young and athletic stretch-4s with Josh McRoberts already in the fold. A team rebuilding its front line could do a lot worse than Bynum, Hawes, McRoberts and Jordan Hill -- and whether the Lakers and their fans want to admit it or not, a makeover is in order.

Jesse D. Garrabrant/NBAE/Getty Images
Andre Iguodala is a better defender than Paul Pierce, but both would fit in L.A.
For the 76ers, Iguodala's departure opens up more wing play for Evan Turner, who, after a disappointing rookie season, is showing signs of being a capable go-to perimeter threat. Gasol and Elton Brand would be a solid 4-5 combination, with Gasol providing the postseason experience that the Sixers clearly lacked this spring.

Gasol and Peace to the Houston Rockets for Kyle Lowry, Luis Scola and Kevin Martin

This deal, or ones very similar to it, already have been discussed, with the Lakers deciding to go a cheaper route and simply snaring point guard Ramon Sessions from Cleveland for Luke Walton and a first-round pick. The Rockets have to be more eager than ever to make this deal now that Lowry's distaste for coach Kevin McHale has surfaced, and perhaps Sessions' lackluster postseason play is enough to convince the Lakers they still need an upgrade at point guard.

The drawback is that it adds $2 million to the Lakers' collective payroll, and that's with Martin hitting free agency next summer. The upside is that it would improve the Lakers' scoring at two positions and, again, Scola has the mid-range game to play off of Bynum. Throw in Blake and the deal still meets salary-cap rules and flips the financial picture in favor of the Lakers.

The hitch is that neither the city of Houston nor the talent level of the Rockets is likely to thrill Gasol, who has an affinity for more cosmopolitan cities. Neither the Sixers nor the Celtics are bona-fide title contenders, even with Gasol, but at least they're playoff-caliber in the East. The Rockets have a lot stiffer competition for one of those eight spots in the West.

Of course, none of these deals may provide enough incentive for the Lakers to pull the trigger. Perhaps the dream of Deron Williams forcing his way to L.A. or getting Howard on a one-year rental for Bynum and Gasol will convince the front office to keep their powder dry for another summer. But after two summary second-round exits, it's hard to imagine that kind of patience with prices as high and competition for the entertainment dollar as fierce as the Lakers have.
Wagyu Kobe
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 5:23 am    Post subject:

Crap, crap, crap if you ask me.
D-Dogg
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 5:36 am    Post subject:

NO NO NO NO NO!!

I don't want that piece of crap.
OX1947
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 5:37 am    Post subject:

Might as well be saying Gasol for Kurt Thomas, jeebus, what a pathetic waste of time to write an article.
crazylakerfan001
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 5:49 am    Post subject:

Gasol's name is being thrown out for any player or package available. it's inevitable he is being traded. I hope its at draft day I don't want this situation to carry over to next season.

A new team is going to help gasol. It has been an emotional roller coaster since he has gotten here. From the back to back championships to last years playoffs to the nixed trade and now back to trade talks. It's true, gasol isn't LA material anymore and must be traded sooner rather than later.
Rick12322
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 6:35 am    Post subject:

I wouldn't be surprised if we kept Pau and signed Odom to the vet min.

I don't believe the Lakers will trade Pau for anything short of a young, 2-way impact all-star. I think they're going to ride this core using the meager resources that are available to them, and bank on a full TC and season bonding this team.
George W Buss
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 6:45 am    Post subject:

ESPN Insider articles are crap.
Free_Kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 7:28 am    Post subject: Re: ESPN SPECULATION: Pierce for Gasol? Somebody tell me what Pierce could they be talking about...

THE_SHOES wrote:

Pierce from Community...
MIMLaker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 7:54 am    Post subject: Re: ESPN SPECULATION: Pierce for Gasol? Somebody tell me what Pierce could they be talking about...

Free_Kobe wrote:
THE_SHOES wrote:

Pierce from Community...

Pierce Brosnan? Sure, make the team even older... although Aston Martins for everyone on the team would be nice.

Guy Pierce? Looked ripped in his last sci-fi action movie, but we lose our height advantage.

MIM
K2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 7:54 am    Post subject:

wagyu_kobe wrote:
Espn Article wrote:
I understand Lakers fans who might look at this deal and say "Mehh."

Mehh
THE_SHOES
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:17 am    Post subject:

Wagyu Kobe wrote:
Rumor Central: Pau Gasol

ESPN Insider Chris Sprow discusses trade rumors surrounding Pau Gasol.
Tags: ESPN Insider, Rumor Central, Chris Sprow, NBA, Trades

As long as Andrew Bynum's petulance doesn't change his protected status with the Los Angeles Lakers -- and it apparently hasn't -- and fear of fans storming the El Segundo offices keeps them from even entertaining the thought of seeing what they can get for Kobe Bryant -- and it has -- they really have only one option if they hope to rejoin the NBA's elite group of title contenders this offseason: Trade Pau Gasol.

But what exactly can they get for him?

If we take into consideration the Lakers' needs -- from both a personnel and salary-cap standpoint -- as well as the type of teams that would rejuvenate Gasol, the possibilities are winnowed rather quickly from 29 to four. To be clear, these are not all scenarios that have been discussed, but rather trade partners and potential return pieces that other GMs said -- pretending to be the Lakers' Mitch Kupchak -- they'd explore.

Gasol to the Boston Celtics for Paul Pierce

If the Lakers are looking for a go-to scorer from the wing who can take some of the burden off Bryant, they can't do much better than bringing Pierce home to L.A. The Lakers are committed to sticking with Bynum because they believe he can be a consistent shot-blocking, glass-eating, low-post scoring threat.

Brian Babineau/NBAE/Getty Images
Paul Pierce would provide instant offense for his hometown Lakers.
Bynum on the block with Pierce on one wing and Bryant on the other is a completely different look than the Lakers have had in recent years but is no less tantalizing. If this year's second round proved anything, it's that Kevin Durant poses a matchup problem for the Lakers that Metta World Peace no longer solves. Pierce has the size and bulk both to push Durant above the arc to get the ball, especially with a shot-blocker like Bynum behind him, and wear him down at the other end attacking from the elbows. Durant is only going to get better, but for the next year or two it's probably the best available counter-move available to the Lakers.

The added bonus is that it saves the Lakers a few bucks -- $38 million going out, $32 million coming in -- and make no mistake: ownership wants to pare down the third-highest payroll in the league, a rank that will not be easy to shed with Bynum due for an extension as well.

The attraction for the Celtics? A pick-and-roll partner for point guard Rajon Rondo and a rim protector, presuming Kevin Garnett will be riding off in the sunset. Even if they were to bring KG back, he and Gasol are wholly compatible. The deal is a lot more palatable if Jeff Green is a lock to return from heart surgery, since he would at least partially fill the hole left by Pierce.

Gasol, Metta World Peace and Steve Blake to the Chicago Bulls for Luol Deng, Carlos Boozer and C.J. Watson

Insider Premium Audio
Ric Bucher discusses with ESPN NBA analyst Hubie Brown the options for the Los Angeles Lakers and Pau Gasol. Listen

Gasol already has let it be known, through back channels, that he'd invite a deal to the Bulls and it's not hard to see why. One, he'd be joining a young team with tremendous chemistry and a power forward's dream point guard in Derrick Rose, both willing to carry the scoring burden when needed, especially at crunch time, but just as happy to draw double-teams and let the offense run through his big men. Most important, the Bulls are title contenders and as Gasol's former coach and current ESPN NBA analyst Hubie Brown noted in this week's podcast, having a team that's playing for the big prize is vital to keeping Gasol engaged at this point in his career.

I understand Lakers fans who might look at this deal and say "Mehh." The lure of sunny L.A., the gilded history of the franchise and the savvy of its front office have convinced some that every deal should be lopsided in their favor, but that's not the present reality. The top free agents aren't clamoring to wear purple and gold, the roster is not loaded with moveable assets, and ownership is eyeing the bottom line like never before.

Deng is a significant upgrade over Peace, who is five years older and has neither Deng's offensive slashing ability nor defensive athleticism at this point. "He's running on fumes," said one GM of Peace. Watson is four years younger than Blake, a far better shooter and less expensive as a backup point guard. Boozer does not have Gasol's length or mobility, but let's put it this way: He's closer to Gasol right now than Peace is to Deng. Boozer has his defensive deficiencies, but his offense is perfect for playing off someone with Bynum's skill set.

It's also worth noting that Deng was the player Bryant insisted remain in Chicago when Bryant was determined to become a Bull five years ago. Overall, the deal is so balanced that the Bulls might actually have to think twice about whether Gasol for Boozer is worth the downgrade at the other two spots. (Forget Joakim Noah instead of Boozer; while he might be an overall better player, he's not a good fit alongside Bynum offensively because neither of them is a consistent threat away from the basket.)

The tripwire in this deal for the Lakers is not the exchange of talent but the financial burden. The Lakers are not only trying to improve their roster but also trim the third-highest payroll in the league, a figure that is not going down anytime soon, with the need to sign Bynum to an extension before next summer. Gasol, Peace and Blake have $67 million still coming to them, while Boozer, Deng and Watson are owed $78 million.

Gasol to the Philadelphia 76ers for Andre Iguodala and Spencer Hawes

If there's a third available option for the Lakers to improve at small forward, it's Iguodala who, despite the Sixers' surprising season and admirable second-round showing against the Celtics, is still on the block. Iguodala is not the offensive threat Pierce is in half-court sets but he has more left defensively.

Hawes, who would have to be a sign-and-trade element in the deal, would give the Lakers two young and athletic stretch-4s with Josh McRoberts already in the fold. A team rebuilding its front line could do a lot worse than Bynum, Hawes, McRoberts and Jordan Hill -- and whether the Lakers and their fans want to admit it or not, a makeover is in order.

Jesse D. Garrabrant/NBAE/Getty Images
Andre Iguodala is a better defender than Paul Pierce, but both would fit in L.A.
For the 76ers, Iguodala's departure opens up more wing play for Evan Turner, who, after a disappointing rookie season, is showing signs of being a capable go-to perimeter threat. Gasol and Elton Brand would be a solid 4-5 combination, with Gasol providing the postseason experience that the Sixers clearly lacked this spring.

Gasol and Peace to the Houston Rockets for Kyle Lowry, Luis Scola and Kevin Martin

This deal, or ones very similar to it, already have been discussed, with the Lakers deciding to go a cheaper route and simply snaring point guard Ramon Sessions from Cleveland for Luke Walton and a first-round pick. The Rockets have to be more eager than ever to make this deal now that Lowry's distaste for coach Kevin McHale has surfaced, and perhaps Sessions' lackluster postseason play is enough to convince the Lakers they still need an upgrade at point guard.

The drawback is that it adds $2 million to the Lakers' collective payroll, and that's with Martin hitting free agency next summer. The upside is that it would improve the Lakers' scoring at two positions and, again, Scola has the mid-range game to play off of Bynum. Throw in Blake and the deal still meets salary-cap rules and flips the financial picture in favor of the Lakers.

The hitch is that neither the city of Houston nor the talent level of the Rockets is likely to thrill Gasol, who has an affinity for more cosmopolitan cities. Neither the Sixers nor the Celtics are bona-fide title contenders, even with Gasol, but at least they're playoff-caliber in the East. The Rockets have a lot stiffer competition for one of those eight spots in the West.

Of course, none of these deals may provide enough incentive for the Lakers to pull the trigger. Perhaps the dream of Deron Williams forcing his way to L.A. or getting Howard on a one-year rental for Bynum and Gasol will convince the front office to keep their powder dry for another summer. But after two summary second-round exits, it's hard to imagine that kind of patience with prices as high and competition for the entertainment dollar as fierce as the Lakers have.

Wow... Thanks... Thing is Pierce may change a uniform, but his heart will always be in Boston... The Lakers best not touch such a deal...
THE_SHOES
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:18 am    Post subject: Re: ESPN SPECULATION: Pierce for Gasol? Somebody tell me what Pierce could they be talking about...

MIMLaker wrote:
Free_Kobe wrote:
THE_SHOES wrote:

Pierce from Community...

Pierce Brosnan? Sure, make the team even older... although Aston Martins for everyone on the team would be nice.

Guy Pierce? Looked ripped in his last sci-fi action movie, but we lose our height advantage.

MIM

AAAhhhh MIM, haven't been delighted with your offerings in awhile! That was refreshing...
THE_SHOES
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:21 am    Post subject:

Rick12322 wrote:
I wouldn't be surprised if we kept Pau and signed Odom to the vet min.

I don't believe the Lakers will trade Pau for anything short of a young, 2-way impact all-star. I think they're going to ride this core using the meager resources that are available to them, and bank on a full TC and season bonding this team.

You know Rick, the thing is old seems to suddenly be in fashion. When you look at the Spurs manhandling kids up until yesterday anyway, bringing Odom back with his head on right could be a plus. Word on the street is he wants back in LA so bad that you're right he would sign for that VM too... When Lamar is happy, and inspired we've seen what he can do. I say bring him back...
BigEvil
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 11:19 am    Post subject:

I still think the Houston route is the best bet. I don't think the Lakers need to get an all-star point guard, just a competent one with more freedom from the coach.

I like the deal above but I'd really love for the Lakers to pry Budinger away from Houston too.

Maybe we could give Houston the option of either taking Blake's contract or throwing in Budinger?
valentinemassacre
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 11:21 am    Post subject:

Its gonna be Gasol for Iggy/Hawes
iggypop123
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 11:49 am    Post subject:

need depth and salary relief Houston does that. Would try to substitute the Knicks 1st rounder for martin. We don't need his salary here. If not need infringer off bench so he can run with sessions shoals last year can be bough out so a 2014 plan is safe. He compliments Bynum more, his jumper is great. If we get the 1st rounder you just take best player available
EzBuyLakers
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:05 pm    Post subject:

I don't see how anyone could be opposed to a deal around Pierce. He still has another good year or 2 in him. Playing next to a guy like Kobe could be huge for him. Pierce is tough, players good defense, can shoot lights out, and can get to the basket. He's older but craftier.

Pierce and a sign and traded KG for Gasol ALL day EVERY day. If you can also get Nash and Odom there wouldn't be a team that could even compete.

Nash/Kobe/Pierce/KG/Bynum

That's back to back championships right there.
JoJo Dancer
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:08 pm    Post subject:

EzBuyLakers wrote:
I don't see how anyone could be opposed to a deal around Pierce. He still has another good year or 2 in him. Playing next to a guy like Kobe could be huge for him. Pierce is tough, players good defense, can shoot lights out, and can get to the basket. He's older but craftier.

Pierce and a sign and traded KG for Gasol ALL day EVERY day. If you can also get Nash and Odom there wouldn't be a team that could even compete.

Nash/Kobe/Pierce/KG/Bynum

That's back to back championships right there.

I agree......in a senior citizens rec league.
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:09 pm    Post subject:

I don't like the idea of taking Martin or Scola back from Houston.

Unless the plan is to slide Kobe to small forward, Martin is going to be coming off the bench. If $19mm is too much for a third option, $13mm is too much for a 6th man, and a longtime starter coming off the bench in his contract year is probably not going to be happy about it (Odom was more the exception than the rule). Even then, Kobe is going to have to play significant minutes at the three. If this is the plan, fine, but if it's just about matching contracts, there should be better moves.

As for Scola, there are better and cheaper fits for a stretch four. Jamison with the mmle, Beasley in a sign and trade, Frye, Harrington with the TPE, etc. Scola's main edge over them is rebounding, but his boards took a dip last season and they all have better range on their shots.

I'd rather take a package like Lowry, Patterson, Dalembert (whom I'd think would be bought out) and picks. Use the draft, mmle and TPE to bring in a stretch four, backup SG and scoring SF.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 3 of 9
Jump to: