OFFICIAL 2012 FREE AGENCY THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1588, 1589, 1590 ... 2424, 2425, 2426  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fakethefunk
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:02 am    Post subject:

Balki Bartokomous wrote:
Bulls got their Korver replacement while Mitch snoozes...

Yeah he is asleep offseason we sign:

Steve Nash
Antwan Jameson
top 3 team in Dwight Howard hunt

KOBE BRYANT
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:03 am    Post subject:

fakethefunk wrote:
Balki Bartokomous wrote:

Yeah he is asleep offseason we sign:

Steve Nash
Antwan Jameson
top 3 team in Dwight Howard hunt

Imagine what we'd get if he were awake
Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:09 am    Post subject:

Balki Bartokomous wrote:

Yup. Mitch snoozes while all the trash we don't want signs elsewhere...
310LAKERS
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:10 am    Post subject:

Trash indeed
Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:12 am    Post subject:

One thing to consider is that if LA is going to get back JRich in a Howard deal, they really don't want to sign a 2/3. They have mcRoberts as trade bait to get one later if the DH trade doesn't happen.
corleone
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:15 am    Post subject:

I can guarantee that guys complaining now definitely werent fans during the 90s era of Ceballos, Lynch, Peeler, Sedale Threat etc
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:17 am    Post subject:

For reference, Sheridan Hoops listed this inventory of Houston assets.

Quote:
Toronto’s first-round pick in 2013 (top-3 protected, then top 2 protected in 2014 and 2015, and unprotected in 2016); a future first-rounder from Dallas (top 20 protected through 2017, then unprotected in 2018); the Bobcats 2nd-round pick in 2013, the Knicks’ second round picks in 2014 and 2015, and a conditional second-round pick from the Clippers in 2015.

_The right to three players selected in the top 18 picks in the 2012 draft: Jeremy Lamb of UConn (12th overall), Royce White of Iowa State (No. 16) and Terrence Jones of Kentucky (No. 18).

_Two young players, including two centers, acquired in the sign-and-trade deal that sent Marcus Camby to the Knicks — Toney Douglas and Josh Harrellson, along with another center, Lithuanian Donatas Montiejunas, who was a first-round pick in 2011.

_ Two young players acquired from the Milwaukee Bucks on draft night in the Samuel Dalembert trade — John Brockman and Shaun Livingston.

+....Kevin Martin's expiring contract

thurloly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:21 am    Post subject:

24 wrote:
Balki Bartokomous wrote:

Yup. Mitch snoozes while all the trash we don't want signs elsewhere...

Ye, we have to sign everyone. If Mitch misses somebody, the man is sleeping/snoozing/dancing in lala land.
X
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:21 am    Post subject:

About 10 minutes ago I got this...and trust me, its 100% true. No grain of salt here.

That "vacation" that Orlando is currently in the middle of? It was the brainchild of both Dan Devos & Alex Martins. Why you ask? In their words, "To give Hennigan a breather and let him get his head on straight"..

Heard that he's taking the trade back & forth very personally, is beginning to hold grudges. Martins noticed this, and pitched the idea, to let tensions cool. He doesn't want his GM negotiating in "a cloud of anger"...

Wow. After hearing that, I got off the phone and could not stop laughing. Why oh why couldn't Otis Smith have stuck around until after this trade was completed.
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:23 am    Post subject:

Thanks, X.
screwhead728
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:26 am    Post subject:

X wrote:
About 10 minutes ago I got this...and trust me, its 100% true. No grain of salt here.

That "vacation" that Orlando is currently in the middle of? It was the brainchild of both Dan Devos & Alex Martins. Why you ask? In their words, "To give Hennigan a breather and let him get his head on straight"..

Heard that he's taking the trade back & forth very personally, is beginning to hold grudges. Martins noticed this, and pitched the idea, to let tensions cool. He doesn't want his GM negotiating in "a cloud of anger"...

Wow. After hearing that, I got off the phone and could not stop laughing. Why oh why couldn't Otis Smith have stuck around until after this trade was completed.

So in other words... Dwight Howard to the Lakers trade is real and Hennigan is mad because of the trade?
Franchise24
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

Laker's Fan wrote:
For reference, Sheridan Hoops listed this inventory of Houston assets.

Quote:
Toronto’s first-round pick in 2013 (top-3 protected, then top 2 protected in 2014 and 2015, and unprotected in 2016); a future first-rounder from Dallas (top 20 protected through 2017, then unprotected in 2018); the Bobcats 2nd-round pick in 2013, the Knicks’ second round picks in 2014 and 2015, and a conditional second-round pick from the Clippers in 2015.

_The right to three players selected in the top 18 picks in the 2012 draft: Jeremy Lamb of UConn (12th overall), Royce White of Iowa State (No. 16) and Terrence Jones of Kentucky (No. 18).

_Two young players, including two centers, acquired in the sign-and-trade deal that sent Marcus Camby to the Knicks — Toney Douglas and Josh Harrellson, along with another center, Lithuanian Donatas Montiejunas, who was a first-round pick in 2011.

_ Two young players acquired from the Milwaukee Bucks on draft night in the Samuel Dalembert trade — John Brockman and Shaun Livingston.

+....Kevin Martin's expiring contract

If they're planning to throw most of that at Orlando I think we're out
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Any thoughts on what Hennigan is upset about? It would seem LA's position is pretty static/limited.

Perhaps he's not getting the responsiveness from the leverage teams CLE/HOU in terms of the assets they're willing to give up for Bynum. Or perhaps some unknown destination he's working on
Vic5150
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:27 am    Post subject:

X wrote:

I posted a theory about this last week. I'll just tip my cap and keep moving.
dmorans24
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

X wrote:

This GM is clueless, poor thing.
driver
Star Player
Star Player

What can he possibly be taking "very personally". He's the one that set out the rules. If anything, other GMs are taking it personally, holding them by a string then letting them go.
RMurphy_22
Star Player
Star Player

X wrote:

Wonder if that angers stems from the lashing Jim Buss gave Henny about 10 days ago...
farazzz
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:28 am    Post subject:

This i ssoooooooooooo annoyingggg..... I NEED AN UPDATE ITS BEEN 4 DAYS
Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:29 am    Post subject:

Laker's Fan wrote:
Any thoughts on what Hennigan is upset about? It would seem LA's position is pretty static/limited.

Perhaps he's not getting the responsiveness from the leverage teams CLE/HOU in terms of the assets they're willing to give up for Bynum. Or perhaps some unknown destination he's working on

If true, it's probably mostly a byproduct of the incredible pressure. Imagine being a young guy put in charge of a franchise and your first order of business is the Dwightmare.
dmorans24
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

Laker's Fan wrote:

Well if all theories are correct, Jim Buss blasted him about a week ago for not sticking to trade parameters since he demanded LA to take on more dalary when a trade was already agreed upon. Don't know about other teams, maybe they're not giving away their assets.

Last edited by dmorans24 on Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:29 am; edited 1 time in total
RMurphy_22
Star Player
Star Player

My gut says Devos and Henny don't want to trade Howard to the Lakers, but it's best deal on the table.
pkflyers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:30 am    Post subject:

corleone wrote:
I can guarantee that guys complaining now definitely werent fans during the 90s era of Ceballos, Lynch, Peeler, Sedale Threat etc

most probably werent born yet

Big Game James wrote:
I'm Kwame Brown and every one of my posts seem to be moved. I find this perplexing because I've never had a post move before!

http://tinyurl.com/snxt
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:30 am    Post subject:

RMurphy_22 wrote:
My gut says Devos and Henny don't want to trade Howard to the Lakers, but it's best deal on the table.

I doubt they care about sending him to LA. it's probably frustration because he won't commit to the team that can give them the most, and without that commitment, they are stuck getting back whatever assets will buy Drew, not Dwight.
16 Titles
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:32 am    Post subject:

I think the silence plays in our favor a little the lakers are always quiet before they unleash the beast with a big trade. It is good that the media has nothing to report so that means they have no idea whats going on and we can make a fair trade and get it done before people start hating on the fact that the lakers will get dwight and try and block the trade.
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:33 am    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:
Thanks, X.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1588, 1589, 1590 ... 2424, 2425, 2426  Next
Page 1589 of 2426
Jump to: