Help me out lakers fans...Brand or Tmac?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bounty
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 7:47 am    Post subject:

Brizand. Would the clipps take LO for him
mike_dee23
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 8:16 am    Post subject:

When healthy, I think T-Mac is the best player in the league not named Kobe. But Brand would probably be a better fit than T-Mac
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Reply with quote
re4ee
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 8:18 am    Post subject:

Easy answer, 3 years ago, Brand isn't even close to Tracy, but today? Elton is more reliable, and willing to mix it up on D.
tgf5
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 8:24 am    Post subject:

magic_bryant wrote:
I'm not a fan member of T-Mac. Right now with T-Mac's health, I'd definitely take Elton Brand. I'm just saying, he's overrated. He doesn't make much impact for the numbers he has put up.

That's what I think. Brand has almost been putting up the same numbers his entire career except point increase (shooting more now), yet the team succeeds now. Gee, guess what's different? Mobley, Kaman, Cassell, Ross, guys who can also hit 3s.
Scherm
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 8:30 am    Post subject:

Can I have a "Time Out!" to think about it?
PopcornMachine
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 8:34 am    Post subject:

DaggerInTheHeart wrote:
PopcornMachine wrote:
Between the two, I take Elton Brand in a hearbeat.

Especially if you are talking about improving this team around Kobe.

Elton? i rather have Greg Ostertag.

Why am I not surprised.

I'm with COCO!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
lakersdynasty999
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 10:11 am    Post subject:

A Rush wrote:
TACH wrote:
magic_bryant wrote:
I'm not a fan member of T-Mac. Right now with T-Mac's health, I'd definitely take Elton Brand. I'm just saying, he's overrated. He doesn't make much impact for the numbers he has put up.

Since the 1999 - 2000 season, McGrady has played in 499 regular season games, my man KB8 played in 500. I understand he's been hurt most of the year, but let's not blow his health issues out of proportion.

You can't just ignore Kobe's mileage in the playoffs. He played almost another season worth of games that T-Mac didn't. Hell, if T-Mac didn't choke consistently in the first rounds, he's be a cripple by now.

Also, kobe has had injuries that are different each time. mcgrady always has his back...it just seems he is prone, while kb8 is not..
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Reply with quote
lakersdynasty999
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 10:14 am    Post subject:

A Rush wrote:
It's funny how you say Brand is overrated yet are a fan club member of one of the most overrated players in recent history, a guy who lost playoff series after being up 3-1 and who couldn't even win one playoff series playing next to one of the best centers in the league. A guy who at 27 can't even play regularly anymore because of a chronic back problem. Bigs usually develop at a slower pace than guards so if I were you, I'd find a comfortable chair, sit down and watch as Brand keeps improving year after year while T-Mac slowly slides into near-obscurity.

As to who I'd pick, that's a no-brainer. Brand, of course. I wouldn't touch T-Mac with a ten-foot pole. I prefer substance over style and T-Mac is about 90% style. Always was.

Good insight. I agree 100%. Tmac best years have passed. Brand is entering his prime. I think the 2 will separate even more next year.

There is a reason they call him "Brokeback Tmac" on rockets message boards. There is a reason they chant MVP for brand at clippers games. These are not 2 coincidences...
TACH
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 10:18 am    Post subject:

A Rush wrote:
TACH wrote:
magic_bryant wrote:

Since the 1999 - 2000 season, McGrady has played in 499 regular season games, my man KB8 played in 500. I understand he's been hurt most of the year, but let's not blow his health issues out of proportion.

You can't just ignore Kobe's mileage in the playoffs. He played almost another season worth of games that T-Mac didn't. Hell, if T-Mac didn't choke consistently in the first rounds, he's be a cripple by now.

I apologize, I was using KB as a reference point (not a comparison), to better give you an idea who many games T-Mac has missed....
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
daniel80111
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 10:22 am    Post subject:

lakersdynasty999 wrote:
A Rush wrote:
It's funny how you say Brand is overrated yet are a fan club member of one of the most overrated players in recent history, a guy who lost playoff series after being up 3-1 and who couldn't even win one playoff series playing next to one of the best centers in the league. A guy who at 27 can't even play regularly anymore because of a chronic back problem. Bigs usually develop at a slower pace than guards so if I were you, I'd find a comfortable chair, sit down and watch as Brand keeps improving year after year while T-Mac slowly slides into near-obscurity.

As to who I'd pick, that's a no-brainer. Brand, of course. I wouldn't touch T-Mac with a ten-foot pole. I prefer substance over style and T-Mac is about 90% style. Always was.

Good insight. I agree 100%. Tmac best years have passed. Brand is entering his prime. I think the 2 will separate even more next year.

There is a reason they call him "Brokeback Tmac" on rockets message boards. There is a reason they chant MVP for brand at clippers games. These are not 2 coincidences...

YOU SAID YOU'D RATHER HAVE CHRIS BOSH OVER LEBRON JAMES LD999!!!!!
lakersdynasty999
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 10:42 am    Post subject:

daniel80111 wrote:
lakersdynasty999 wrote:
A Rush wrote:

Well theres the "friend" i was talking about in the initial post. He had a good argument though. I mean, because I prefer Bosh with kobe (a big man and Kobe) instead of 2 very similar players...Tmac is clearly better than Brand. That is perfect logic. I gotta hand it to my friend. He really got me there.

But I'm glad he said that, because now i know i won the argument. thanks for all your help lakers fans!
thedude1977
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 10:43 am    Post subject:

tgf5 wrote:
magic_bryant wrote:

That's what I think. Brand has almost been putting up the same numbers his entire career except point increase (shooting more now), yet the team succeeds now. Gee, guess what's different? Mobley, Kaman, Cassell, Ross, guys who can also hit 3s.

You've got to be kidding me. Yes, obviously the team that a player is surrounded by makes a difference. Through what method of osmosis or alchemy do points, defense and rebounds disappear because you're surrounded by weak players?

Ask any of the players Brand has blocked this year if he doesn't have an 'impact' on the game.

So yeah, I have to go with Brand by far (suprise). He actually plays defense for one thing. He's a damn fine player that isn't considered a superstar only because he puts fundamentals and hard work over style, and that's just sad.
daniel80111
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 9:13 pm    Post subject:

lakersdynasty999 wrote:
daniel80111 wrote:
lakersdynasty999 wrote:
A Rush wrote:

Well theres the "friend" i was talking about in the initial post. He had a good argument though. I mean, because I prefer Bosh with kobe (a big man and Kobe) instead of 2 very similar players...Tmac is clearly better than Brand. That is perfect logic. I gotta hand it to my friend. He really got me there.

But I'm glad he said that, because now i know i won the argument. thanks for all your help lakers fans!

Hey....you also said that Larry Brown is a much better coach than Phil Jackson, you also prefer Bosh(who plays absolutely no defense) over Lebron who is on track to be one of the greatest players in the NBA. If you think Kobe and Lebron are similar players you are crazy, one is an ellte distributor, and one is an elite scorer. Oh yeah the greatest one of all...you said you'd rather have SASHA on the court over Kobe at one point in this season...YOU CAN QUOTE ME ON THAT. Not to mention you thought Ben Franklin was the 1st President of the United States, and Gandhi was born in Cleveland, Ohio...but you know what, he has really good tickets so ya'll should hit him up, he'll get you a good deal.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3
Jump to: