kobe is best clutch player in the league, end of discussion

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dinlabreak
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 12:40 pm    Post subject: kobe is best clutch player in the league, end of discussion

ive seen some threads here detailing lists of how kobe isnt the most clutch player in the league, that melo is more clutch bla bla bla. just cuz u do it in the regular season doesnt mean ur clutch, kobe has done it in the playoffs and these other guys like wade, melo, and lebron havent. look at kobes performances in the playoffs, u dont have to hit a game winning shot to be considered clutch. remember kobes OT against pacers in the finals, what about his 48 and 16 against the kings in 2001 playoffs, then drops 46 against spurs in the WCF. what about his game winning shot against phoenix, and other numerous clutch performances. the fact of matter is that no other player in the league has done what kobe has done in his career. kobe is a big game player and steps up to every challenge there is. kobe is the most clutch... period.
Raptor2k
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 12:45 pm    Post subject:

Kobe is the most clutch active player, just not this season. And again, it's because either Phil can't draw up plays, doesn't have the right players on the floor in the closing seconds, or picks aren't set up for Kobe...or it's a combination.
eniq 0x00
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 12:47 pm    Post subject:

I hope people start thinking that he isn't clutch like some on this site think, so that he can start being left open. The only reason his last-shot effectiveness is down is because of the type of shots he's forced to take. I'm willing to bet that Carmelo's shots aren't nearly as difficult, just like the one he hit after Devean lost his footing. But if other teams really doubt his ability, perhaps they should do single coverage on him.

^^ Farmar

Laker_Gerry
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 12:54 pm    Post subject:

If you've followed Melo's clutch shots this season, he's always getting the ball with plenty of time on the clock to think about what he wants to do and he's ALWAYS getting single coverage . . . Nothing miracoulous about that.

Kobe on the other hand usually gets the ball with 1 or 2 seconds left to release a prayer and he tends to have 2 to 3 guys draped all over him.

My point is Melo has been efficiently clutch this season because he's yet to get doubled teamed with a second or two to put up a game winning shot.

Until I see Melo hit a fade away 3 pointer with two guys on him to win a game, then I'll say he's as clutch as Kobe . . . Until then, Kobe is still the most feared in the clutch!
Flight
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 12:59 pm    Post subject:

Kobe is one of the clutchest players in league HISTORY.
sbrighter
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 12:59 pm    Post subject:

Melo is pretty clutch. I wonder what kind of performance he would have when he has 2 guys on him, denying him the ball, grabbing his arms, bumping him farther away from the hoop, with no help from the refs. I would love to hear all the people talking about the rest of the clutch players in the league, if they were treated/guarded the same way Kobe is every game.
Charles
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 1:02 pm    Post subject:

When the Lakers learn how to manage the clock and find players who can get defensive attention besides Kobe, Kobe will restore his reputation. In regulation, not only did Lamar take a horrible shot, but he gave Denver an exact 24 seconds to win the game.
thedude1977
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 1:17 pm    Post subject:

sbrighter wrote:
Melo is pretty clutch. I wonder what kind of performance he would have when he has 2 guys on him, denying him the ball, grabbing his arms, bumping him farther away from the hoop, with no help from the refs. I would love to hear all the people talking about the rest of the clutch players in the league, if they were treated/guarded the same way Kobe is every game.

Are you guys talking about the thread titled 'In the clutch -- this can't be right', in which a bunch of people expressed amazement and disbelief at the stats founf on 82games, espn and usatoday?

The same thread in which I as well as other people expressed the exact sentiment that you do in this post?
Kazaam
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 1:25 pm    Post subject:

Nothing proves it more than that 4-point play yesterday... are you kidding? One of the best clutch players of all-time. Hand down. Ask any active coach, and they will tell you who they want shooting the ball in the end.
BigEvil
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 1:26 pm    Post subject:

Well Kobe, of course, isn't as clutch cuz he has about 3 guys on him for every final shot of a game. Without another offensive threat, you can really zero in on the primary, it doesn't matter how clutch you are, a triple team is a triple team.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: