David Dupree has come to the dark side!

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kobe>Lebron
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 12:17 pm    Post subject: David Dupree has come to the dark side!

Looks like he changed his vote this week. This guy has a ballot too.

http://transcripts.usatoday.com/Chats/transcript.aspx?c=691

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Michael (Ohio): DD, Tell me when you turn in your MVP vote tomorrow it will say "King" James on it! -Michael
David DuPree: Yes, it will -- in the No. 2 spot behind Kobe. My order: (1) Bryant; (2) James; (3) Nowitzki; (4) Nash; (5) Billups.

Michael from Ohio got OWNED!
Theoretic
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 12:18 pm    Post subject:

Exick
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 12:22 pm    Post subject:

Since when does The Last Dragon get an MVP vote?
sylabdul
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 12:24 pm    Post subject:

there is something in the air i tell you! i got a gooood feeling about Kobe's AND the lakers chances the postseason......MVP and WCF
vkewalra
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 12:28 pm    Post subject:

Slightly OT from the point of this post he later writes:

Quote:
SAN ANTONIO, TEXAS: WHAT UP D.D ? DIE HARD LAKER FAN, MY QUESTION TO YOU IS, THEY REALLY SEEM TO BE JELLIN' AS A TEAM RIGHT NOW, HOW FAR DO YOU SEE THEM GOING IN THE PLAYOFFS? AND SECOND AND PROBABLY MOST IMPORTANTLY IS , DO YOU REALLY SEE THEM GETTING A SHOT AT K.G? THANKS D.C

David DuPree: I'm picking the Lakers over the Suns (if they play them) as my first-round upset special, and then they go home. ... I think the Lakers have as good a shot as anyone at Garnett. Remember, if Minnesota does trade him, it will trade him to a team he wants to play for, and I think he wants to play with Kobe. If the Lakers pull that off, they go right to the head of the class again.

Nice to see the guy thinks the Lakers can beat the Suns, but really beat the Suns then lose to the Clips?
Alpha

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 12:31 pm    Post subject:

How's this guy (not Dupree but some guy writing in to him)?!?!? Totally taking Kobe's comments out of context...
Quote:
st. louis, Missouri: Doesn't Kobe's recent comments about himself and no one else being the MVP just exemplify what's wrong about him? Lamaar Odom has been an all-star before correct? Do you think he would be if he played with Lebron??
David DuPree: Kobe is just extremely confident, and I don't think we should vote against him just because we don't like some of what he says. Odom has never been an all-star, but he is a fine player. He'd do just fine with LeBron, but not any better than he's done with Bryant.
scottpot29
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 12:32 pm    Post subject:

Exick wrote:

"Who's the baddest? SHO NUFF!!!"
What happened to his glow?
Socks
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 12:38 pm    Post subject:

scottpot29 wrote:
Exick wrote:

"Who's badder than the Shogun?"
"Bruce Leroy, that's who."
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 12:41 pm    Post subject:

Every time I have heard David Dupree talk (mostly from his stints on PTI, which I have not seen in years), he seems very knowledgeable and not full of hate or bias, especially against the Lakers. I find him to be fair and objective (as objective as any writer can be).

But I do not read the USA Today, nor been watching TV much of late, so I cannot say how his opinions have leaned.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Film235
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 12:43 pm    Post subject:

vkewalra wrote:
Slightly OT from the point of this post he later writes:

Quote:
SAN ANTONIO, TEXAS: WHAT UP D.D ? DIE HARD LAKER FAN, MY QUESTION TO YOU IS, THEY REALLY SEEM TO BE JELLIN' AS A TEAM RIGHT NOW, HOW FAR DO YOU SEE THEM GOING IN THE PLAYOFFS? AND SECOND AND PROBABLY MOST IMPORTANTLY IS , DO YOU REALLY SEE THEM GETTING A SHOT AT K.G? THANKS D.C

David DuPree: I'm picking the Lakers over the Suns (if they play them) as my first-round upset special, and then they go home. ... I think the Lakers have as good a shot as anyone at Garnett. Remember, if Minnesota does trade him, it will trade him to a team he wants to play for, and I think he wants to play with Kobe. If the Lakers pull that off, they go right to the head of the class again.

Nice to see the guy thinks the Lakers can beat the Suns, but really beat the Suns then lose to the Clips?

You're assuming that the Clippers beat Denver, which possibly may not happen. But in either case, if the Lakers beat the Suns, they face Denver or the Clippers. Personally, at that point, I think they have an excellent opportunity to make it to the WCF. Then it's either Dallas or S.A. I think S.A. will win over Dallas, but if not, I guess it's possible that the Lakers could make it to the NBA Finals. But I guess we should be focusing on N.O. first.
scottpot29
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 12:44 pm    Post subject:

Socks wrote:
scottpot29 wrote:
Exick wrote:

I realize we are getting off of the subject, but when the kid starts popping to get out of the ropes he is tied up with, is one of the most hilarious unintentional comedic scenes in film history!
sylabdul
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 12:48 pm    Post subject:

scottpot29 wrote:
Socks wrote:
scottpot29 wrote:
Exick wrote:

I realize we are getting off of the subject, but when the kid starts popping to get out of the ropes he is tied up with, is one of the most hilarious unintentional comedic scenes in film history!
AWWW MAN!!! that was hilarious! and when Leroy's dumb*** tried re-enacting a bruce lee disguise and it failed miserably....oh,memories....
scottpot29
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 12:54 pm    Post subject:

sylabdul wrote:
scottpot29 wrote:
Socks wrote:
scottpot29 wrote:
Exick wrote:

AWWW MAN!!! that was hilarious! and when Leroy's dumb*** tried re-enacting a bruce lee disguise and it failed miserably....oh,memories....

"You could be my body guard......so you could......GUARD my body...". It is priceless dialog like this, that you don't see in today's big block busters.
sylabdul
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 12:57 pm    Post subject:

[quote="scottpot29]
"You could be my body guard......so you could......GUARD my body...". It is priceless dialog like this, that you don't see in today's big block busters.[/quote] yeah i'm gonna go find this on DVD immediately now!
Exick
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 1:05 pm    Post subject:

sylabdul wrote:
scottpot29 wrote:

"You could be my body guard......so you could......GUARD my body...". It is priceless dialog like this, that you don't see in today's big block busters.
yeah i'm gonna go find this on DVD immediately now!

Be wary of buying it. I have it on DVD (and love it) but the box clearly says it is widescreen but the one I have is very much not widescreen.

Last edited by Exick on Wed Apr 19, 2006 1:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
scottpot29
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 1:11 pm    Post subject:

Exick wrote:
sylabdul wrote:
[quote="scottpot29]
yeah i'm gonna go find this on DVD immediately now!

Be wary of buying it. I have it on DVD (and love it) but the box clearly says it is widescreen but the one I have is very much not widescreen.[/quote]

any bonus features on it? I would be suprised if any scenes were deleted from that movie. Seriously though, I LOVE that movie. I was like 10 years old when that came out. Totaly in my prime for that movie. I remember trying to get the glow so bad, that I popped a few blood vessels.
twoface723
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 1:19 pm    Post subject: Re: David Dupree has come to the dark side!

Kobe>T-mac wrote:
Looks like he changed his vote this week. This guy has a ballot too.

http://transcripts.usatoday.com/Chats/transcript.aspx?c=691

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Michael (Ohio): DD, Tell me when you turn in your MVP vote tomorrow it will say "King" James on it! -Michael
David DuPree: Yes, it will -- in the No. 2 spot behind Kobe. My order: (1) Bryant; (2) James; (3) Nowitzki; (4) Nash; (5) Billups.

Michael from Ohio got OWNED!

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger Reply with quote
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: