WTF, the Clippers are playing on FSW instead of FSW2 (Prime)

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Van-Exel26
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 6:59 pm    Post subject: WTF, the Clippers are playing on FSW instead of FSW2 (Prime)

Why the hell are they playing on the winner channel? They need to go back and join the Dodgers on the loser channel. Only champions like the Lakers and Angels have earned the right to play on FSW.
JIFISH
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 7:13 pm    Post subject:

I'm gonna take a wild guess here and say that it's because the first round of the NBA playoffs are on FSW (except for last year, of course, when neither team made the playoffs).
LAKERLVR
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 7:24 pm    Post subject:

lol, Is it that big of a deal?
sodapoppenski
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 7:26 pm    Post subject: Re: WTF, the Clippers are playing on FSW instead of FSW2 (Prime)

Van-Exel26 wrote:
Why the hell are they playing on the winner channel? They need to go back and join the Dodgers on the loser channel. Only champions like the Lakers and Angels have earned the right to play on FSW.

"That's why you don't let the dog eat people-food"
eureca
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 7:27 pm    Post subject: Re: WTF, the Clippers are playing on FSW instead of FSW2 (Prime)

Van-Exel26 wrote:

Yeah because the Dodgers never won anything right?
Exick
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 7:39 pm    Post subject: Re: WTF, the Clippers are playing on FSW instead of FSW2 (Prime)

Van-Exel26 wrote:

Please dude, the Angels belong on the winner channel while the Dodgers are losers just because the Halos have had more recent success? By that logic, you shouldn't be complaining since the Clippers have been better than the Lakers the last couple years.
lakeshow03
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 7:41 pm    Post subject:

whoa whoa whoa,leave the dodgers out of it

orwell
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 7:54 pm    Post subject:

Whoa. I did not know Elton Brand has a 7'3" wingspan?
sodapoppenski
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 7:55 pm    Post subject:

orwell wrote:
Whoa. I did not know Elton Brand has a 7'3" wingspan?

Raja has the same wingspan if you count the feathers
TooCool
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 8:10 pm    Post subject: Re: WTF, the Clippers are playing on FSW instead of FSW2 (Prime)

Van-Exel26 wrote:

The Dodgers ARE playing on the "loser" channel right now aren't they?

I wouldn't call any of our local teams losers... but yeah. The Dodgers were already originally scheduled for FSW2 or Prime whatever they call it now. Clippers making the playoffs means new scheduling. So therefore... FSW1 is the spot for them.

I mean, what else are they going to show on FSW at a time like this? No Laker game. No LA Kings game (they didn't make playoffs). And the Angels were on KCOP already in the day game.
lakersfan4life69
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 8:12 pm    Post subject:

the dodgers have always been on FSW2-> prime ticket
lakersfan4life69
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 8:15 pm    Post subject:

the nuggets stink. they have absolutely no one that can shoot. can't believe the clippers get that team at home in a 7 game set.
kcxiv
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 8:21 pm    Post subject:

yep, leave the Dodgers out of it.
Hector the Pup
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 8:33 pm    Post subject:

Who cares? ESPN2 has Paintball!

Van-Exel26
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 8:37 pm    Post subject:

The Dodgers have made the playoffs like twice since 1988, that's as many times as the Clippers!

Oh and I'm from Orange County so the Angels are my primary team.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 8:43 pm    Post subject: Re: WTF, the Clippers are playing on FSW instead of FSW2 (Prime)

Van-Exel26 wrote:

An almost 20 year wait has just made us hungrier.

What other team draws 3 million fans a year and doesn't even make the playoffs consistently year after year?

That is right, my LA Dodgers baby. It will be a beautiful day indeed when the ageless wonder, Vin Scully, calls another Dodger World Series Championship.
DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 8:49 pm    Post subject: Re: WTF, the Clippers are playing on FSW instead of FSW2 (Prime)

LakerLanny wrote:
Van-Exel26 wrote:

What other team draws 3 million fans a year and doesn't even make the playoffs consistently year after year?

That is right, my LA Dodgers baby. It will be a beautiful day indeed when the ageless wonder, Vin Scully, calls another Dodger World Series Championship.

LA fans are the luckiest fans in the world: they've had the experience of listening to two legends call their games: Vinny and Chick. I hope Vinny stays around long enough to call that next championship.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 9:02 pm    Post subject: Re: WTF, the Clippers are playing on FSW instead of FSW2 (Prime)

DuncanIdaho wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:
Van-Exel26 wrote:

LA fans are the luckiest fans in the world: they've had the experience of listening to two legends call their games: Vinny and Chick. I hope Vinny stays around long enough to call that next championship.

Throw in Bob Miller on LA Kings hockey to those two. He really is that good, though hockey is not nearly as popular. But he is tremendous.

Chick and Vin of course are in my opinion the greatest announcers EVER in their respective sports. And we have been very spoiled to have enjoyed them in So Cal for so long.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 9:18 pm    Post subject: Re: WTF, the Clippers are playing on FSW instead of FSW2 (Prime)

LakerLanny wrote:

It is interesting that with Vin's resume and great career, the replays of probably the greatest LA Dodger World Series moment ever (Kirk Gibson's home run) are with Jack Buck doing the call. I grew up in St. Louis listening to Buck (and Harry Carey), so hearing him make a great call is no big deal, but you would think they would use Vin's call, since he is Mr. LA Dodger.

"I cannot believe what I just saw". Still gives me chills.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 9:21 pm    Post subject: Re: WTF, the Clippers are playing on FSW instead of FSW2 (Prime)

LakerLanny wrote:

Throw in Bob Miller on LA Kings hockey to those two. He really is that good, though hockey is not nearly as popular. But he is tremendous.

Chick and Vin of course are in my opinion the greatest announcers EVER in their respective sports. And we have been very spoiled to have enjoyed them in So Cal for so long.

Gotta go with Jack Buck in baseball and Dan Kelly in hockey, but it is a homer thing, I grew up listening to them. No one could argue against Chick.
LakerJam
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 10:37 pm    Post subject:

Who cares what channel they're on? They're not on ABC, which is the main weekend channel, that's all I know. Does it really matter which FSN they're on?
daxeqtr
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 10:49 pm    Post subject:

Hector the Pup wrote:
Who cares? ESPN2 has Paintball!

As a person that plays paintball speedball style. Yay! Mondays are the best television days for me. Paintball at 7 then Prison Break and then 24.
OshadowO
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 10:52 pm    Post subject:

considering the team that usually plays on the "loser" channel has more of a chance of making R2 then us, we shouldn't be talking (bleep) about them at this point ...
let' wait till we get to R2 and kick their ass first eh
jmnluvr
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 6:25 am    Post subject:

Dodgers are losers, and Angels are winners? How old are you? ROFL
Exick
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 6:42 am    Post subject: Re: WTF, the Clippers are playing on FSW instead of FSW2 (Prime)

venturalakersfan wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:

It is interesting that with Vin's resume and great career, the replays of probably the greatest LA Dodger World Series moment ever (Kirk Gibson's home run) are with Jack Buck doing the call. I grew up in St. Louis listening to Buck (and Harry Carey), so hearing him make a great call is no big deal, but you would think they would use Vin's call, since he is Mr. LA Dodger.

"I cannot believe what I just saw". Still gives me chills.

I'm not sure why Buck's radio call is more associated with that moment nationally than Vin's TV call, but Vinny's still gives me goosebumps.
"In a season that has been so improbable, the impossible has happened!"
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: