I think TNT's coverage of the Lakers and other teams is atrocious...
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
B_P
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 12:26 pm    Post subject:

Arrrg!!
The CAMERA ANGLES!!!

Just keep it on the high-sideline angle that we're all used to. Always.

The WORST is when a player is in the open court going for a break-away dunk - and right as the guy is taking off for the dunk, they SWITCH CAMERA ANGLES to that "under the basket" shot.

BAD IDEA.
STOP THAT!!

Your eye can't adjust quickly enough to the new angle! The PERSPECTIVE is totally screwed up! You can't see the floor, so you can't tell how high the guy is jumping. You can't tell how far out he took off from. You can't see the athleticism. You can't see the "gliding." You can't see anything!! It's just a screen full of "player."

Note to all TV Sports "in-truck" directors: Use those "under the basket" angles for highlights ONLY - NOT for in-game coverage!! It's not "cool." It's not "artsy." It's just BAD TV!!

AND...

Stop showing me the fans reacting while the ball is in play!!! I'm tuning in to watch THE GAME - not the people in the stands. I don't care how much the big-breasted blonde is bouncing up and down - I can see that ANYWHERE on TV - I want to watch THE GAME!!

Here's a good guidline: If the game clock is running, stop showing me the coach, the players sitting on the bench, the fans cheering the last play or anything else that's not happening ON THE COURT.

Even if it's just a guy walking the ball up court - I WANT TO SEE IT!!

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: