Bob Delany half-time special.... opinions?

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 6:54 pm    Post subject: Bob Delany half-time special.... opinions?

I'm curious about your thoughts on this. It was neat information and everything about a ref, but jeez... and people wonder why nba refs have egos? They have half-time specials during an nba finals game!! Let me ask you guys this... What other professional sport do we know the refs by their names besides corrupt boxing? Is it a coincidence that boxing and the nba who recognizes their refs by names gets accused of fixing the most?

Outta control man, the nba has to stop putting the spotlight on these refs.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 10:01 pm    Post subject:

The world will be a better place when corrupt fixers like Bob Delaney are no longer a part of the NBA.

Look for the NBA to assign Fryer and Joe DeRosa to Game 3 in a desperate attempt to stretch out the series. I expect Wade to shoot 20 FTs in game 3 on minimal or phantom contact.

Fryer is currently the #1 Fixer Ref in the league. Stern needs to bring out the big guns. I guarantee Bernie Fryer in Game 3 and a huge FT differential in the Heat's favor.
DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 12:27 am    Post subject:

Dick Bavetta has been total trash in this postseason so far too. I bet we see Bavetta in addition to Fryer and DeRosa. Ironicially or not, Javie and Joey Crawford haven't been absolute horrors, at least from what I can tell. A passing of the buck?
hoops24
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 6:53 am    Post subject:

Quote:
What other professional sport do we know the refs by their names besides corrupt boxing?

The head refs in the NFL are pretty well-known like Ed Hochuli, Bernie Kukar, Johnny Grier, Gerry Austin, etc.

Sorta the same in the MLB with crew chiefs.

But you're right, it is fishy when certain NBA refs do certain games and they do seem more glamorized than the other major sports.
LakerLegend
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 11:25 am    Post subject:

I was surprised that he would allow information like this to be circulated. I wonder if he keeps in contact with any of his old mob buddies?
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 11:30 am    Post subject:

Blatant attempt by Stern to make the refs look like moral beacons.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: