Suns may deal Shawn Marion to Bulls

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mamba
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 9:26 am    Post subject: Suns may deal Shawn Marion to Bulls

Quote:
The Bulls and Suns are giving serious thought to a trade in which Suns forward Shawn Marion would be dealt to the Bulls for power forward Tyson Chandler and the Bulls' top draft pick, which is the second overall choice
*This according to Real GM*

http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/41054/20060623/bulls_and_suns_considering_marion_for_chandler_and_pick_trade/

This deal makes sense to some degree because of the fact that Phoenix lacked an inside presence in this years playoffs. But on the other hand, Amare is coming back so why would that matter? Maybe Phoenix is making a bad deal?
Socks
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 9:59 am    Post subject:

All depends who they would pick with the #2 and how good that player could be. Marion is a pretty hard guy to replace - a 20pt scorer who doesn't really have plays run for him, who grabs 10+ rebounds, blocks shots, steals the ball, and hits the 3 pointer. Sure he disappears in the playoffs, but seems like a lot to give up for Chandler who really hasn't done much of anything his whole career so far.
The Dagger
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 10:13 am    Post subject:

That doesn't make sense. They are trying to win now. Nash only has a few more seasons left so they must be thinking Chandler would be more valuable to the team than the Matrix. Terrible trade for Phoenix. Colanjello would never do this, but maybe their new GM would?
Dennis_D
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 10:19 am    Post subject:

It's a terrible trade for Chicago. Chandler is their only decent big and they trade him away for a undersized PF? Who are they going to have play C? The 6'8" Mike Sweetney? What the Bulls really need is a center so that they could move Chandler to PF.
KobeButler
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 10:37 am    Post subject:

Good deal for phoenix. They do have a guy to replace Marion. His name is Amare Stoudamire. With Diaw emerging, he could also replace Marion. Plus they could draft a good replacement if they want with the number 2...tyrus thomas, rudy gay, rodney carney, ronnie brewer, pick your choice.

I dont see how this deal would work for chicago though. They already lack a front court. Shawn Marion playing power forward might work with the suns style of game but will it work for Chicago? They gain even more salary as well.
Lakermission08
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 1:21 pm    Post subject:

I actually think this trade would be good for both teams... The Bulls get a versitile player in Marion and Phoenix gets back solid front court help to go along with the devolping Boris Diaw. Good Trade
And 1
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 3:26 pm    Post subject:

"No" to Odom, but "yes" to Marion?

Not that I would argue this, but I find the timing surrounding this article a little suspicious. With Deng and Nocioni on the roster, this deal make little sense for the Bulls

I think this is Chicago's way of telling the Lakers to sweeten whatever deal between the two that were under consideration.

But if it ain't...

Man, Phoenix could get a defender like Chandler and select Gay. As far as I'm concerned, the race to win the Pacific would be over.
astrallionheart
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 9:38 pm    Post subject:

Doesn't Phoenix already have Altanta's pick for the next 3 years? Why make a big risk by betting this pick can replace the Matrix?
Crazy LA Fan14
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 11:31 am    Post subject:

That would be very interesting.
lakers0505
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 11:34 am    Post subject:

Dan'toni, crapping pheonix ...coach and G.M = Big No No.
CheetahMan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 12:38 pm    Post subject:

And 1 wrote:
As far as I'm concerned, the race to win the Pacific would be over.

Great attitude.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: