Kobe Bryant Documentary To Air On Showtime in November - 'Kobe Bryant's Muse'

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
meleco321
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 3:25 pm    Post subject: Kobe Bryant Documentary To Air On Showtime in November - 'Kobe Bryant's Muse'

http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2014/07/18/kobe-gives-peak-into-his-life-in-documentary-that-will-air-on-showtime/
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 4:19 pm    Post subject:

http://www.deadline.com/2014/07/tca-kobe-bryant-says-showtimes-kobe-bryants-muse-came-out-of-nike-campaign-mulling/#respond

Quote:
TCA: Kobe Bryant Says Showtime’s ‘Kobe Bryant’s Muse’ Came Out Of Nike Campaign Mulling

TCA: Kobe Bryant Says Showtime’s ‘Kobe Bryant’s Muse’ Came Out Of Nike Campaign Mulling“Sorry I was late, I was out looking for a head coach,” Kobe Bryant said after showing up nearly 50 minutes late to plug his autobiographical Kobe Bryant’s Muse, debuting on Showtime in the fall.

To pass the time, Showtime distributed bottles of sports drink, BodyArmor — a company in which Bryant is a major investor. On the bottle were tags that reminded TV critics the TV project is “a portrait of an elite athlete’s professional and personal journey.” Showtime has said Kobe Bryant’s Muse takes an in-depth look into the life, inspirations and challenges facing one of the most successful figures in professional sports.

Kobe Bryant's MuseBryant said he came up with the idea for Kobe Bryant’s Muse while lying in bed, mulling what to do for his next Nike campaign. He decided that, “now that my career is coming to an end” it would be “pretty cool to tell the genesis of where the mentality came from.” That’s the difference, he said, between this Kobe Bryant docu-mercial and an earlier Spike Lee Kobe Bryant documentary — the one that debuted on ESPN in 2009 and focused on one day of the Los Angeles Lakers star’s season.

Some TV critics in the room wanted to talk about the fact that Bryant is an exec producer on the Showtime project, which the network calls a “documentary.” That’s sort of like making one of those “authorized biographies,” one critic noted. Except that Bryant insists that “me as producer is only in title alone. I’m not sure what producer even means.”

Stephen Espinoza, EVP and GM of Showtime Sports & Event Programming, jumped in to explain that Kobe Bryant’s Muse “isn’t intended to be a biography.” Added Bryant: “The smart thing to do would be to make the whole thing a Nike commercial.”

Exec producer Gotham Chopra said Bryant’s exec producer title was “not like, ‘Oh, I want to have creative control and make sure this is a puff piece.’ It’s also about learning.”

“I don’t like editing,” Bryant added.

Spinoza explained later that Kobe Bryant’s Muse, which follows Bryant during the two leg injuries that kept him sidelined for all but six games last season, was a “rare opportunity” to look at a “hummingbird…no longer in constant motion” who had more “time for introspection.”

“Isn’t this weird you’re talking about me and I’m sitting here?” Bryant said. Critics laughed.

When the talk got around to discussing Bryant as a brand, he said, “What is branding? Branding is you being you. The image I project is just me – a nice guy. I’m a generous guy. I’m in (bleep). Arrogant. Confident. I’m insecure. We all are.”

Speaking of branding, Bryant said – of the BodyArmor bottles “on everybody’s table — that is not good branding.” Later he mentioned the bottles again, saying, “if there’s too many BodyArmors on the table their are too damn many.”

TV critics asked him some Lakers questions, which Bryant answered, in the course of which he noted critics were not supposed to have been allowed to ask Lakers questions,“but it’s part of the entire damn story.” That was the first some of the critics in the room had heard that anyone involved had agreed to that condition.
Fruscas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 5:39 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
TCA: Kobe Bryant Says Showtime’s ‘Kobe Bryant’s Muse’ Came Out Of Nike Campaign Mulling“Sorry I was late, I was out looking for a head coach,” Kobe Bryant said after showing up nearly 50 minutes late to plug his autobiographical Kobe Bryant’s Muse, debuting on Showtime in the fall.

Is this for real?
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 5:55 pm    Post subject:

Yes he said it whether that actually is true is another story.
West24Bryant
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 8:04 pm    Post subject:

Basketball Fan wrote:

“Sorry I was late, I was out looking for a head coach,” Kobe Bryant said after showing up nearly 50 minutes late

Bryant insists that “me as producer is only in title alone. I’m not sure what producer even means.”

“Isn’t this weird you’re talking about me and I’m sitting here?” Bryant said. Critics laughed.

Speaking of branding, Bryant said, “if there’s too many BodyArmors on the table there are too damn many.”

TV critics asked him some Lakers questions, which Bryant answered, in the course of which he noted critics were not supposed to have been allowed to ask Lakers questions,“but it’s part of the entire damn story.”

The guy definitely has a good sense of humor
jenopogi
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 4:27 pm    Post subject:

West24Bryant wrote:
Basketball Fan wrote:

“Sorry I was late, I was out looking for a head coach,” Kobe Bryant said after showing up nearly 50 minutes late

Bryant insists that “me as producer is only in title alone. I’m not sure what producer even means.”

Speaking of branding, Bryant said, “if there’s too many BodyArmors on the table there are too damn many.”

TV critics asked him some Lakers questions, which Bryant answered, in the course of which he noted critics were not supposed to have been allowed to ask Lakers questions,“but it’s part of the entire damn story.”

The guy definitely has a good sense of humor

he's loosening up and getting his body ready for the tensions (and frustrations) for the upcoming season.
JL#7 in Purple and Gold. Shoutout to my Lakers4Life Buddy Ian M.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: