Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
marga86
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:38 am    Post subject:

LOLOLOL

the guy is a legend.

idc what people say, thats hilarious... takes me back to the college days.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:06 pm    Post subject:

Moses wrote:
#FHRITP

This has made Urban Dictionary already.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Moses
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:24 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Moses wrote:
#FHRITP

This has made Urban Dictionary already.

That old man has ruined live television forever.

Mamba Forever
The Marathon Continues
Still I Rise
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 3:13 pm    Post subject:

I'm not sure what I think about these suspensions. Suspending a star quarterback doesn't just punish him. It punishes the entire team and it punishes the fans. In other words, it punishes the innocent. A loss to Clemson could ruin what the other players on the team worked for.

And I think a lot of these coaches will suspend players to appease/impress the media.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 1:47 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
It's painful to see such potential on a path to self destruction.

If I were the owner of a NFL franchise, I'd pass on Winston. Let him go somewhere else, keep a eye on him and when he hits bottom, which I feel he will, pick him up at a more matured stage for less.

Nowadays for sure. They're starting to put all NFLers with stupid decisionmaking on double secret probation. Withstanding embarrassment is at an all time low. I can't see any team that would want to deal with a Toys R Us kid until he drops low enough to become a steal like Van Exel. He's actually been coddled harder as a star QB than a less critical droog like Ray Rice, so god only knows if/when he'll have the epiphany slash wake-up call.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 2:12 am    Post subject:

KobeRe-Loaded wrote:
pmacla wrote:

yelling what he did was a young kid making a joke to make people laugh, Winston obviously has that class clown personality, yelling that phrase is hardly an offense that deserves a suspension

he was suspended because of public opinion not the actual offense

Cool...do you have a son or daughter? Perhaps a nephew or niece?

Have he or she stand up during lunch time and scream the same phrase as Jameis. I'm sure "public opinion" won't factor in when he/she goes him w/a suspension.

In defense of girls, that kind of stunt is usually male territory, punctuated by the offender being 20 yrs old and still thinking such a thing funny.

For those who have daughters, imagine hearing they were in the cafeteria when a boy got up and shouted that. I dare say most of them would be disturbed, even if their darling little princess was college age.
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 5:28 am    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
KobeRe-Loaded wrote:
pmacla wrote:

yelling what he did was a young kid making a joke to make people laugh, Winston obviously has that class clown personality, yelling that phrase is hardly an offense that deserves a suspension

Have he or she stand up during lunch time and scream the same phrase as Jameis. I'm sure "public opinion" won't factor in when he/she goes him w/a suspension.

In defense of girls, that kind of stunt is usually male territory, punctuated by the offender being 20 yrs old and still thinking such a thing funny.

For those who have daughters, imagine hearing they were in the cafeteria when a boy got up and shouted that. I dare say most of them would be disturbed, even if their darling little princess was college age.

And especially if that same "kid" was accused of raping a girl just last year.
Moses
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 8:09 am    Post subject:

vanexelent wrote:
non-player zealot wrote:
KobeRe-Loaded wrote:
pmacla wrote:

To be fair, it is a well known internet meme currently. While it is immature, he is merely imitating a popular craze at the moment.

Mamba Forever
The Marathon Continues
Still I Rise
KobeRe-Loaded
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 10:55 am    Post subject:

And I said … we said … I said, ‘Are you strong?’ They said, ‘I’m strong if you strong.’ I said, ‘We strong, then.’”

- Jameis Winston aka William Shakespeare of the Gridiron
#11/08/16 America became GREAT again
#Avatar-gate
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 7:03 pm    Post subject:

Wow FSU suspended him for the entire game now.
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 8:23 pm    Post subject:

24 wrote:
I am impressed. It is not easy to yell a gesture.

Glad I wasn't drinking something when I read this or it would have been all over my keyboard and monitor.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 8:32 pm    Post subject:

Moses wrote:
vanexelent wrote:
non-player zealot wrote:
KobeRe-Loaded wrote:
pmacla wrote:

To be fair, it is a well known internet meme currently. While it is immature, he is merely imitating a popular craze at the moment.

I know this will come as a shock to some, but just because it's an internet meme doesn't mean it's OK to re-enact meme's in public - especially offensive, misogynistic ones.
lakers0505
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 8:42 pm    Post subject:

KobeRe-Loaded wrote:
And I said … we said … I said, ‘Are you strong?’ They said, ‘I’m strong if you strong.’ I said, ‘We strong, then.’”

- Jameis Winston aka William Shakespeare of the Gridiron

lol.
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Prarie & Manchester, high above the western sideline

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 8:45 pm    Post subject:

Moses wrote:
vanexelent wrote:
non-player zealot wrote:
KobeRe-Loaded wrote:
pmacla wrote:

"The internet thinks it's okay" isn't a good objective reference point for mischief. On this very forum there have been arguments attempting to persuade for popular approval of pissing and defecation where homeless and/or children lay their heads, hitting women to keep them in line, electrocuting dogs, and chasing and shooting black kids to death. And this forum is moderated!

Sister Golden Hair wrote:
LAMAR ODOM is an anagram for ... DOOM ALARM
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 8:56 pm    Post subject:

C M B wrote:
Moses wrote:
vanexelent wrote:
non-player zealot wrote:
KobeRe-Loaded wrote:
pmacla wrote:

"The internet thinks it's okay" isn't a good objective reference point for mischief. On this very forum there have been arguments attempting to persuade for popular approval of pissing and defecation where homeless and/or children lay their heads, hitting women to keep them in line, electrocuting dogs, and chasing and shooting black kids to death. And this forum is moderated!

Yeah, but Go Lakers!
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 8:57 pm    Post subject:

vanexelent wrote:
C M B wrote:
Moses wrote:
vanexelent wrote:
non-player zealot wrote:
KobeRe-Loaded wrote:
pmacla wrote:

Yeah, but Go Lakers!

YEAH AND HOW ABOUT THAT FOOTBALL?

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 9:00 pm    Post subject:

C M B wrote:
vanexelent wrote:
C M B wrote:
Moses wrote:
vanexelent wrote:
non-player zealot wrote:
KobeRe-Loaded wrote:
pmacla wrote:

Yeah, but Go Lakers!

Get ready for Monday Night!
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 9:02 pm    Post subject:

vanexelent wrote:
C M B wrote:
vanexelent wrote:
C M B wrote:
Moses wrote:
vanexelent wrote:
non-player zealot wrote:
KobeRe-Loaded wrote:
pmacla wrote:

Yeah, but Go Lakers!

My favorite team is going to drag my least favorite team out of an elevator and we're gonna (bleep) them right in the (bleep)!

vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 9:11 pm    Post subject:

C M B wrote:
vanexelent wrote:
C M B wrote:
vanexelent wrote:
C M B wrote:
Moses wrote:
vanexelent wrote:
non-player zealot wrote:
KobeRe-Loaded wrote:
pmacla wrote:

Yeah, but Go Lakers!

My favorite team is going to drag my least favorite team out of an elevator and we're gonna (bleep) them right in the (bleep)!

If you rape an unconscious woman as a college athlete, you may risk your eligibility. That's such a Pro thing to do.
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 9:20 pm    Post subject:

vanexelent wrote:
C M B wrote:
vanexelent wrote:
C M B wrote:
vanexelent wrote:
C M B wrote:
Moses wrote:
vanexelent wrote:
non-player zealot wrote:
KobeRe-Loaded wrote:
pmacla wrote:

Yeah, but Go Lakers!

If you sexual assault an unconscious woman as a college athlete, you may risk your eligibility. That's such a Pro thing to do.

Oh man that's a one way ticket to being on a box of Wheaties.

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 11:18 am    Post subject:

Jameis Winston will miss entire Clemson game

LINK

Quote:
The school announced late Friday evening that it was upgrading Winston’s suspension from half a game to a full game, according to a joint news release from athletic director Stan Wilcox and interim president Garnett Stokes.

I wonder how much of what's going on in the NFL influenced the making of this decision?

I don't see Maguire taking the starting position from Winston. I hope he has a good game for teams sake.

Hopfully this will serve as the wake up call that will put Winston on a path to maturity.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 5:45 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:

Hopfully this will serve as the wake up call that will put Winston on a path to maturity.

Not likely....

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=11559959&ex_cid=sportscenterTW
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 7:13 pm    Post subject:

Winston not alowed to play at all. FSU escaped with a win. Clemson missed 3 field goals and fumbled late in the game to allow the 22 game win streak to live.

lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 7:31 pm    Post subject:

He's not the smartest guy to ever put on a jersey, but the only reason it was a game was because he wasn't able to play. No way Clemson makes this as close of a game had Winston played.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 8:01 pm    Post subject:

Maguire's stock took a hit tonight. Those two int's were killers.

I loved the look on his face when Clemson fumbled, you could see him mouth "we got the ball back, we got the ball back."

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: