Mihm/Mckie for Miles/Blake?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LakerJam
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 10:38 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
RG73 wrote:
angel wrote:
There is still a 2008 plan. Miles contract does not fit into that plan.

The 2008 plan is to win the championship in 2008. That is the only plan. There is no cap space pipe plan anymore. Vlad's contract doesn't fit into any cap pipe plans either. Hence, no cap pipe plan.

Actually, Vlad's contract does fit into the salary flexibility plan. And even if it didn't, why blow salary space for a player who has proven to be cancerous with 3 different teams? There are times when the play outweighs the risk, but considering salary, this isn't one of them. I would love Blake, but pass on Miles.

See, now you're just flat out being untruthful because you don't like Miles. He has not been "a cancer for 3 different teams". The only team he's had issues with is Portland. He was loved in Clipperville. Behaved fine in Cleveland. Drank the water in JailBlazer town and became one of their many mal-contents. That hardly makes him radioactive.
traderNO1
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 10:59 am    Post subject:

Bottom line: If Phil and Kobe can get Miles to just play consistently with effort - this trade is a home run, if they can't then it is a crappy trade. There is no one of Miles talent that would be available this cheap - key is do we take the risk?

We pay Phil a LOT of money for his skills with players and this is a classic example, and I think Kobe's leadership would only add to it. I would do this trade as I think the risk/reward is well worth it. Miles and Blake could send us very, very deep into the playoffs.
Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 11:46 am    Post subject:

Miles again :roll: :roll: :roll:
Lakerpark
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 11:47 am    Post subject: Miles

Ok, I have to admit I haven't been keeping up on things here. What in the world is so good about Miles? I really haven't seen him play since he was a Clipper. Back then he was young, jumped high, played decent defense but couldn't shoot.

I know he had a big game or two in the past year or so...like 40+ points, but what can he do? Can he shoot a jumper yet? Can he handle the ball? How's his Bball IQ? I hear he can block shots. Can he lock down on guys like Lebron, Vince Carter or TMac? Isn't he kind of skinny to play PF?

Would he be able to learn the triangle?

Someone please enlighten me.

thanks,

LP
ajaxxx
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 11:58 am    Post subject:

I was just thinking about Blake, it wouldn't surprise me.It looks like Phil is trying to recreate his chicago bulls. we just got his radmonivic to play the tony kukoc role and blake would be a steve Kerr clone.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
traderNO1
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 12:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Miles

Lakerpark wrote:
Ok, I have to admit I haven't been keeping up on things here. What in the world is so good about Miles? I really haven't seen him play since he was a Clipper. Back then he was young, jumped high, played decent defense but couldn't shoot.

I know he had a big game or two in the past year or so...like 40+ points, but what can he do? Can he shoot a jumper yet? Can he handle the ball? How's his Bball IQ? I hear he can block shots. Can he lock down on guys like Lebron, Vince Carter or TMac? Isn't he kind of skinny to play PF?

Would he be able to learn the triangle?

Someone please enlighten me.

thanks,

LP

Miles was playing great last year before his knee surgery (minor-cartilage) and was having his best season. He came back too early and then PDX started playing horribly - they were horrible in the second half of last yr.

With a fresh start on a winning team with leadership and his knee 100%, he could add to last season's excellent first half start. He was averaging around 17-18 pts and 5-6 rebs and playin solid D.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 12:19 pm    Post subject:

LakerJam wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
RG73 wrote:
angel wrote:

The 2008 plan is to win the championship in 2008. That is the only plan. There is no cap space pipe plan anymore. Vlad's contract doesn't fit into any cap pipe plans either. Hence, no cap pipe plan.

Actually, Vlad's contract does fit into the salary flexibility plan. And even if it didn't, why blow salary space for a player who has proven to be cancerous with 3 different teams? There are times when the play outweighs the risk, but considering salary, this isn't one of them. I would love Blake, but pass on Miles.

See, now you're just flat out being untruthful because you don't like Miles. He has not been "a cancer for 3 different teams". The only team he's had issues with is Portland. He was loved in Clipperville. Behaved fine in Cleveland. Drank the water in JailBlazer town and became one of their many mal-contents. That hardly makes him radioactive.

He had issues in LA and Cleveland as well, so you can blame Portland. He was just allowed to get away with more there. He is a waste of salary, not worth taking on just to get Blake. If you could get Portland's #1 next season as well, then you make that trade.
SABINO63
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 12:24 pm    Post subject:

traderNO1 wrote:
Bottom line: If Phil and Kobe can get Miles to just play consistently with effort - this trade is a home run, if they can't then it is a crappy trade. There is no one of Miles talent that would be available this cheap - key is do we take the risk?

We pay Phil a LOT of money for his skills with players and this is a classic example, and I think Kobe's leadership would only add to it. I would do this trade as I think the risk/reward is well worth it. Miles and Blake could send us very, very deep into the playoffs.

I agree miles is player like Kwame, imagine all of them peaking at the right time, and thier ages there to last/ Kwame/Miles/Rod/Odom/Kobe/Bynum.....Excitement brewing
TACH
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 12:43 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
LakerJam wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
RG73 wrote:
angel wrote:

He had issues in LA and Cleveland as well, so you can blame Portland. He was just allowed to get away with more there. He is a waste of salary, not worth taking on just to get Blake. If you could get Portland's #1 next season as well, then you make that trade.

Classic D-Miles Quote:

Quote:
Q: Back to the part where you are viewed as this bad influence. There have been two incidents, where one, you are said to have been at practice smelling of alcohol. Two, you rejoin the team in February, go on road trip, and take a bunch of players out to a club before the Indiana game.

A: That's what I’m saying, I’m the fallback guy. Just because I’m not playing, I’m the one taking guys out. Why cant somebody call my room and say want to go get a drink or something? But I’m the one.

And with alcohol, I can go out with my wife to Ruth Chris the night before. If I sit down, have a bunch of glasses of wine, and I might be a little tipsy and she drives me home, everything be cool. Next day in practice, if you sweat, it’s going to come out of your pores, regardless. We got a lot of players on our team, which I’m not going to name, because this is my situation, but if you ask any coach around the league how many times they have smelled liquor on a player? As long as that player is showing up on time, doing the drills, and he running, that's just a part of it. But I’m not the person who is going to put people’s name out there. But yeah, there have been times.

Q: But yeah, what?

A: Yeah, you probably smelled liquor on me before. But it’s not like I’m at practice drunk. I’m totally focused. I don't care if you come to practice and take shower, once you go to practice and start sweating, its going to come out. That doesn't mean you aren’t focused or ready to practice. Like you might go out, you might get drunk, and come to the gym higher than a mother, and you sweating, you smell like liquor, and you interviewing everybody. What does that mean? You still 100 percent focused. That's just ridiculous. Ask any other team, little petty stuff like that, if you ask any other coach in the NBA if they smell liquor on a player, any coach would say, every year. Some players go out in every city they go to.

LINK

You have to read the part about the 'bobble-head'.......

Last edited by TACH on Mon Jul 03, 2006 12:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 12:48 pm    Post subject:

If Miles says different, then he must be right. Why would he lie? Besides, Miles had problems in East St. Louis as well. Since that isn't unusual for that area, I didn't count it against him. Ask people involved in the league (and I have) and they say stay away from Miles. Good enough for me. The only bright spot would be to trade for him, have him play good, then fill a hole using him as trade bait. Otherwise, he is a 48 million poison pill.
SABINO63
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 12:53 pm    Post subject:

TACH wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
LakerJam wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
RG73 wrote:
angel wrote:

Classic D-Miles Quote:

Quote:
Q: Back to the part where you are viewed as this bad influence. There have been two incidents, where one, you are said to have been at practice smelling of alcohol. Two, you rejoin the team in February, go on road trip, and take a bunch of players out to a club before the Indiana game.

A: That's what I’m saying, I’m the fallback guy. Just because I’m not playing, I’m the one taking guys out. Why cant somebody call my room and say want to go get a drink or something? But I’m the one.

And with alcohol, I can go out with my wife to Ruth Chris the night before. If I sit down, have a bunch of glasses of wine, and I might be a little tipsy and she drives me home, everything be cool. Next day in practice, if you sweat, it’s going to come out of your pores, regardless. We got a lot of players on our team, which I’m not going to name, because this is my situation, but if you ask any coach around the league how many times they have smelled liquor on a player? As long as that player is showing up on time, doing the drills, and he running, that's just a part of it. But I’m not the person who is going to put people’s name out there. But yeah, there have been times.

Q: But yeah, what?

A: Yeah, you probably smelled liquor on me before. But it’s not like I’m at practice drunk. I’m totally focused. I don't care if you come to practice and take shower, once you go to practice and start sweating, its going to come out. That doesn't mean you aren’t focused or ready to practice. Like you might go out, you might get drunk, and come to the gym higher than a mother, and you sweating, you smell like liquor, and you interviewing everybody. What does that mean? You still 100 percent focused. That's just ridiculous. Ask any other team, little petty stuff like that, if you ask any other coach in the NBA if they smell liquor on a player, any coach would say, every year. Some players go out in every city they go to.

LINK

You have to read the part about the 'bobble-head'.......

Give me break, If teams wanted to they can bring something out even on star players. Who has not been out drinking the night before work? It just gets harder as you get older.
traderNO1
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 1:35 pm    Post subject:

Did Rodman have "issues" and look what Phil did with him. Phil had Jordan then and we have Kobe now, Miles does not get into "bad or legal trouble", it is a question of motivation. He's been on lousy teams, key is whether Phil and Kobe can motivate home to help win a championship! And Blake fits in perfectly with what we need.

Gimme something better with all the PG's being taken...
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: