midsummer nights magic allstar game

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lexdiamonz
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 5:31 pm    Post subject: midsummer nights magic allstar game

Anyone go to the charity all star game today? Any notes or pictures and who was there at the event and played or watched?
LVLAKERFAN
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 5:49 pm    Post subject:

MAGIC & B-DIDDY

Looking at the pictures from getty images, didn't seem like no one was there except Usher, B-Diddy, Paul Pierce, Magic, and Kenny Smith.
AD/MORRIS/DUDLEY
GASOL/HARRELL/TINKLE
Coachs:Vogel/Kidd
OshadowO
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 6:20 pm    Post subject:

i wanted to go but then i checked the website and they didn't say who was gonna be playing from the NBA. I figured if they weren't willing to advertise any big names they didn't have any commitments from the stars.
Amin
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 7:51 pm    Post subject:

I went, however the game was as sloppy as the hurricane katrina game if not worse. Some players that played: Paul Pierce, Sam Cassell, Stephon Marbury, Stephen Jackson (was kinda drunk for most of the game), Mike Bibby, Ricky Davis, Tyson Chandler, Shaun Livingston, Shawn Marion, Mike James, Damon Jones, Baron Davis, J.R. Smith, Antoine Walker, Jerry Stackhouse, etc....

To be honest with you the celebrity game was much more encompassing than the pro. game. Vic the Brick played!!! Snoop was there, we sat right next to the miss universe contestants, Brandy, Usher, and some noname crap. 100 level seats were 50 bucks (+ ticketmaster ripoff charges).

Some notes: Sam Cassell left early, Stephen Jackson was not sober, Snoop hit on the miss universe contestants, many players that had suited up barely played, some didn't play at all. There was a "special message" from "2006 World Champion Shaquille Oneal" on the video board. At least one third of the fans boo'd.

I paid 60 bucks (including all charges). Was it worth it? For 60 bucks to be 5 feet away from stars, ya it was worth it. The games, however, were mediocre. You will probably find higher quality basketball in the SPL in terms of dynamics, effort, and competitive spirit.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: