Kobe Will Be The Best Player To Lead Bynum In The Right Direction

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
OscarWang
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 5:05 am    Post subject: Kobe Will Be The Best Player To Lead Bynum In The Right Direction

The passer threw it straight to the rookie. He turned one way, the defender the other, slammmm dunk! He runs down the court, elbows the defender, the defender throws a punch. The crowd goes wild.

The passer? Kobe Bryant.

It seems that the main problem in Bynum's 1st SPL game is that his teammates didn't know how to get him the ball. Farmar seemed to do a decent job with a few nice plays, but a key in post player is how the ball gets to the post.

Kobe Bryant always said, he was the best passer to Snaq. He got Snaq the All-Star MVP. He knew how to give it to him. It's why they were so dominant together.

So in this new age, I think when Kobe plays with Bynum, I think they can play well together. Bynum will be posting up, and if Kobe decides to give it to him, he will be able to make the right pass. As you guys can see from videos and such (plus in game footage from last season), Bynum would post up, and his teammates would never give it to him.

In other words, I think the best player to help Bynum out there is the guy who knew how to give the ball to the center on the court- Kobe Bryant.

I'm very excited to see Bynum grow, and mature.

- Kobe Bryant
VanK
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 6:22 am    Post subject:

It sounds like Bynum has problems catching the ball, it's not people who are passing it to him.
Tek9Designs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 6:27 am    Post subject:

I think you're making too big of a deal about an entry pass. Kobe is great, but just because he can toss the ball into the post doesn't make him a great passer.
B_P
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 6:35 am    Post subject:

^^

No, I think the entry pass IS a very important part of the game. Not everyone can do it properly. I think I remember one of the coaches saying that Rick Fox actually was teams best post-entry passer.

But Bynum's problem is that he's not properly using his body to seal his man (or bang his man to get him off balance before he makes his move) - and he's not jumping high enough when he dunks.
Tek9Designs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 6:44 am    Post subject:

I understand its a very important part of the game, but I don't think being able to make it, qualifies as being a good passer. The only reason I think Kobe is better than anyone else on the team in making that entry pass is that the defender can't cheat towards Bynum because he has to gaurd Kobe.
KobeFTW
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 8:27 am    Post subject:

B_P wrote:
^^

No, I think the entry pass IS a very important part of the game. Not everyone can do it properly. I think I remember one of the coaches saying that Rick Fox actually was teams best post-entry passer.

But Bynum's problem is that he's not properly using his body to seal his man (or bang his man to get him off balance before he makes his move) - and he's not jumping high enough when he dunks.

yea in Phils book he said no one was better at the entry pass than Rick Fox and Derek Harper.
Tracy McGrady, the player closest to matching Kobe in pure individual ability, was 'no picnic to deal with either. I heard that every time someone says 'get back on defense,' his back hurts. "the last season'-Phil Jackson
baller
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 8:44 am    Post subject:

It won't just be kobe, it'll be playing with better players. Don't put too much in statistics from the spl, they don't mean anything. Artest only scored 12 points the other day, better cut him from the team. Bynum has shown dramatic improvement in his athleticism, his aggresiveness, and his free-throw stroke. We were not able to see his post moves and how much they improved because he didn't get the ball enough, and was taken out of his rythm because of foul trouble. You could see that alot of the criticism bynum was getting was due to the other players, when he was holding the ball in the post for a while, that was what he was supposed to do. The only reason he had to hold it for a while is because the other players were all out of position and not ready for the pass off of the double. The spl shows certain improvements in a player, but it can't be the sole judge of how he improved. The nba laker team will be in position, when bynum gets the ball in the post and when the double comes he'll hit the cutter or the man for the open shot.
angel
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 9:40 am    Post subject:

There were a few things that hampered Andrew. His team not being familiar with him didn't help. Trying to play their first game with using the triangle didn't help. However, Andrew also didn't play many minutes. The Grizzlies were double-teaming him, which contributed to the fouls, but also hampered entry passes. It's not that easy to get the ball into someone with two guys on him. Twelve points in about 20 minutes isn't bad productivity per minute. He needs to stay out of foul trouble to stay in games. A center contributes not only with his own points, but how he creates opportunities for his team through drawing doubles. Andrew needs to stay in games to help his team.
OscarWang
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 3:19 pm    Post subject:

The post entry past is vital to a team's success.

No I'm serious, its not just a pass...

You think if Kobe would have thrown A-Bomb the ball at his feet, or from the wrong angle, that he would have dunked on the fatty? Of course not.

- Kobe Bryant
Flight#24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 3:29 pm    Post subject:

I was at the SPL games in Long Beach yesterday, and I will be going again on Tuesday.

Here is my concern:

Bynum doesn't really move well w/o the ball, he doesn't get in the right position to receive an accurate pass.

I don't how he played today, but he needs to improve on that.

Here is another thing, the Lakers coaching staff pissed me off the most.

You don't foul out in a SPL game, why did Bynum only play 20 minutes? I understand he was foul trouble, but they must give Bynum a chance to play 35 minutes at least in these SPL games.
lamar7odom
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 3:48 pm    Post subject:

im sorry but kobe would be the last player on the lakers to help bynum at all............all kobe does is shoot only thing bynum will be good at is rebounding..........hahahaha
eniq 0x00
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 4:06 pm    Post subject:

lamar7odom wrote:
im sorry but kobe would be the last player on the lakers to help bynum at all............all kobe does is shoot only thing bynum will be good at is rebounding..........hahahaha

Stupid post. If you were trying to be funny, you failed. :roll:

^^ Farmar

DicksHutnick
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 4:08 pm    Post subject:

Tek9Designs wrote:
I think you're making too big of a deal about an entry pass. Kobe is great, but just because he can toss the ball into the post doesn't make him a great passer.

Spoken like someone who's never played ball. My best friend is 6'7" and quick as a cat -- there are some games where my entire offensive aresenal is an array of post entry passes to him. If they don't forcefully take the ball out of the big guys hands (and leave something else open as a result) then you simply HAVE to be able to throw quality entry passes. Otherwise the defense wins. Or the terrorists win. I can't remember which.
OscarWang
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 10:39 pm    Post subject:

lamar7odom wrote:

Get out of here please

- Kobe Bryant
lamar7odom
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 10:55 pm    Post subject:

why would kobe stop his game for bynum??? who is bynum>>???? are you guys stupid kobe shoots the ball like 25 times a game then lamar gets 10 there is no room for bynum to get his.................kobe will slow down his potential........
lamar7odom
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 10:56 pm    Post subject:

why would kobe stop his game for bynum??? who is bynum>>???? are you guys stupid kobe shoots the ball like 25 times a game then lamar gets 10 there is no room for bynum to get his.................kobe will slow down his potential........
lamar7odom
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 10:56 pm    Post subject:

Trey
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 11:01 pm    Post subject:

lamar7odom wrote:

What are you .. like 13 years old?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: