Tex on Farmar: "tested about as high as anyone ever has"
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RoughneckPS3
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 9:59 pm    Post subject:

2006/2007 point guard rotation.

Smush/Sasha/Farmar

2007/2008 rotation

FARMAR/Smush

I'm good with that. Contrary to most, I still think the Lakers can win 50 games with Smush Parker as our starter this year.
Great One
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 10:02 pm    Post subject:

AussieLakerFan wrote:
Quote:
Jordan Faramr tested about as high as anyone ever has

Has he been hanging out with Lamar already?

(just kidding, someone had to say it... )

LO hater

ArrOhBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 10:05 pm    Post subject:

Great One wrote:
AussieLakerFan wrote:
Quote:

LO hater

quick Question

why did Lamar Odom shave his head and whole face bald???
Great One
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 10:08 pm    Post subject:

ArrOhBee wrote:
Great One wrote:
AussieLakerFan wrote:
Quote:

LO hater

quick Question

why did Lamar Odom shave his head and whole face bald???

LAkers 4 Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 10:14 pm    Post subject:

Not surprising... Farmar should be able to pick up the offense fairly well. If he had stayed in school, he would've only stayed one more year anyhow as he was on schedule to graduate in 3 years.

Nice to hear that Winter thinks highly of him.
DocK36
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 10:25 pm    Post subject:

I was one of those who hated the pick. I've watched most of the UCLA games and Farmar certainly doesn't look like the player described by Tex. Now I know the Lakers worked him out a couple of times so I'm hoping that he was hampered by the ankles and we're going to see the true Jordan Farmar when summer league starts.
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 10:34 pm    Post subject:

DocK36 wrote:
I was one of those who hated the pick. I've watched most of the UCLA games and Farmar certainly doesn't look like the player described by Tex. Now I know the Lakers worked him out a couple of times so I'm hoping that he was hampered by the ankles and we're going to see the true Jordan Farmar when summer league starts.

He twisted his ankle in his second Laker workout days before the draft. I do think he will take the Tri, though, and probably show a little something in the SPL. It will also be nice to see a floor general out there who will do a better job than last year of getting Bynum the ball.
A Mad Chinaman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 12:16 am    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:
DocK36 wrote:
He twisted his ankle in his second Laker workout days before the draft. I do think he will take the Tri, though, and probably show a little something in the SPL. It will also be nice to see a floor general out there who will do a better job than last year of getting Bynum the ball.
DB - I agree. Jordan will definitely add leadership and Evans will add excellent defensive pressure during crunch time (as oppose to players such as Banks)
Coca James
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 12:21 am    Post subject:

Im convinced that as good as a defensive coach Howland was at UCLA, he was also that bad of an offensive coach.. he wanted the ball in Farmar's hands for 25 of the 35 seconds... Farmar will be better than what we saw last season... I dont know how good that will become, but better.

Also, he was the center of that offense. Im SURE he can hit open jump shots... Remember, when a player is injured, it changes everything.

Two bad ankles = bad release and jump on the shot

Who knows....

"I have to be assertive, and if the ball doesn't go in, it gives us a good rebounding opportunity." - Kobe
ToughKarl
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 1:06 am    Post subject:

Coca James wrote:
Im convinced that as good as a defensive coach Howland was at UCLA, he was also that bad of an offensive coach.. he wanted the ball in Farmar's hands for 25 of the 35 seconds... Farmar will be better than what we saw last season... I dont know how good that will become, but better.

Also, he was the center of that offense. Im SURE he can hit open jump shots... Remember, when a player is injured, it changes everything.

Who knows....

Yup, I concur with Howland is a bad offensive coach. His team offense look stagnant most of the time.
LAkers 4 Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 9:31 pm    Post subject:

Ridiculous... Howland's offensive sets are predicated on getting high percentage shots. Look at his last Pitt team. The problem was the bigs Fey and Hollins couldn't catch the ball in the post to save their life. It wasn't until Hollins finally started concentrating a little better did they actually go into the post more, especially in the tournament. It's the same problem the Lakers have with Kwame. It wasn't until Kwame started to pay attention a little better the Lakers were able to score a little more in the post. That said, those three guys still have bad hands.

Plus, it's a little difficult to drive when the defenders don't respect your post players, zones a lot because of it, and your PG has two bad ankles. If you noticed, when Collison was in the game and drove to the basket more than Farmar, the Bruins looked a lot more fluid offensively at times.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 9:35 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Im SURE he can hit open jump shots... Remember, when a player is injured, it changes everything.

Lack of lift isn't the issue.

Shot mechanics is. Not everything is straight, narrow, and perpendicular like it should be.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
FredG
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 10:35 pm    Post subject:

KB0024 wrote:
I've spent enough time bashing Farmar, but it certainly is a great sign that Tex likes Farmar. Hopefully Farmar proves me wrong and turns himself into a good player.

He's already a good player.
FredG
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 10:40 pm    Post subject:

Coca James wrote:

Who knows....

Dang, Howland gets a very young UCLA team to the title game and still the bashing continues. Howland designed an offense that worked with the players he had (young and still learning). Expect Ben to open up the "O" jar next year (even with Farmar gone).
angel
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 11:22 pm    Post subject:

Tex Winter had some very encouraging words about Farmar and Evans. When you add Vlad, Shammond and J.R, the bench is deeper now.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: