Kobe Done w/ Season-Ending Surgery - Out for 9 Months (pg 24)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 26, 27, 28  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gwyn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:26 am    Post subject:

LosAngelesDynasty12345 wrote:
Gwyn wrote:
LosAngelesDynasty12345 wrote:
Kobe is to blame for most of our current and future struggles. If you're a blind Kobe worshiper aka a "player fan" you won't see this, but if you're an actual Lakers fan you will.

First, he signed that ridiculous contract and can't even stay on the floor. Even when he stays on the floor he's one of the most inefficient players in the league! That is the guy eating up half of our cap. Ridiculous!!!

Plus remember he also drove out Shaq (the GOAT center) cus he was too selfish to share the spotlight with him. Ego and selfishness = disaster. Kobe should have been more like Magic/LeBron, unselfish team-first players.

Agreed, man!

If Kobe was just like LeBron he would have as many titles as he does!

Burn, Kobe. Team-first, name-second, Shaq-#1-Kobe coattail riding noob.

C'mon man, terrible argument. Kobe never would have led those Cavs teams LeBron was on to anything. If LeBron had Shaq, they would have wrecked the league for like 7-8 titles probably.

Indeed, Kobe is the worst, if only he played like LeBron, he would have ended up with more titles!

God bless Kobe Bean Bryant and Gianna Maria Onore Bryant.
KobeBryantCliffordBrown
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:26 am    Post subject:

TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:
ReaListik wrote:
TDRock wrote:
moonriver24 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
moonriver24 wrote:
He defintely will come back healthier and of course with better roster for the final run in 2015-16 season. I do think his latest injury is not a season-ending one but better call it a day and be prepared for the next season healthier and stronger. With the current roster, there is no way to win it all. So, why not save your legs and be more physically fit with better roster?

Sounds perfect for me. And sounds pleasing to tanking crowd.

I do wonder if his decision hinges in part with how good the roster is after free agency.

LOL. After the expletive he shouted at Kupchak? Definitely

What? When/what did he yell at Mitch?

"These (bleep) ain't doing (bleep) for me. They soft as Charmin man." Google it and you'll get more of the quote.

IMO taken totally out of context. Big difference between laughing and giving people grief in a competitive scrimmage v. scowling and shaking a fist at Mitch.

Especially when Kobe probably knew that Mitch's daughter was very ill. I doubt very much that he would be giving Mitch grief at that point in time.
Gwyn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:27 am    Post subject:

Yeah, that guy as a pretty obvious troll.

Ah well, they don't make them like they used to.

God bless Kobe Bean Bryant and Gianna Maria Onore Bryant.
Kobe2Jules
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:59 am    Post subject:

mhan00 wrote:
Kobe recruiting is going to be counter productive. Free agents can't bank on him being on the court. I really hope Kobe comes back next season and stays healthy enough for one final farewell tour. At this point, it doesn't look likely that he will be able to play beyond next year, if he can play most of next year at all.

Bresnehan reporting that Kobe is "definitely" coming back next year.

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-basketball/24997324/report-lakers-kobe-bryant-definitively-coming-back-next-year
ReaListik
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 11:11 am    Post subject:

TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:
ReaListik wrote:
TDRock wrote:
moonriver24 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
moonriver24 wrote:
He defintely will come back healthier and of course with better roster for the final run in 2015-16 season. I do think his latest injury is not a season-ending one but better call it a day and be prepared for the next season healthier and stronger. With the current roster, there is no way to win it all. So, why not save your legs and be more physically fit with better roster?

Sounds perfect for me. And sounds pleasing to tanking crowd.

I do wonder if his decision hinges in part with how good the roster is after free agency.

LOL. After the expletive he shouted at Kupchak? Definitely

What? When/what did he yell at Mitch?

"These (bleep) ain't doing (bleep) for me. They soft as Charmin man." Google it and you'll get more of the quote.

IMO taken totally out of context. Big difference between laughing and giving people grief in a competitive scrimmage v. scowling and shaking a fist at Mitch.

That was what he said and in there is no other context besides him being upset that the teammates aren't performing. That's it, no room for interpretation because Kobe layed it out and he was justified.
fadeaway3
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 7:39 pm    Post subject:

BS is officially my worst pick as a HC call.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:26 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Mike Trudell ‏@LakersReporter · 15s15 seconds ago
Kobe had successful shoulder surgery today and is expected to miss 9 months, set to be ready for the 2015-16 season:

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:26 pm    Post subject:

Sounds like it went well and looks like October for him to return in time for Hawaii.

Serena Winters‏@SerenaWinters·1 min1 minute ago
KOBE UPDATE:
Surgery successful.
TIMETABLE: Expected to be out appox. 9 months.

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:30 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Mike Trudell ‏@LakersReporter · 2m2 minutes ago
Dr. ElAttrache: “I expect Kobe to make a full recovery and if all goes as expected, he should be ready for the start of the season."

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:41 pm    Post subject:

Listening to Ireland today, Mannix wrote an article that the Lakers should trade Kobe to the Knicks in the offseason, and gave his reasons why he thought it would work for both teams. His first assumption, which I totally disagree with, is that NY would be the one place Kobe would want to go to. I think if he were going to leave the Lakers, the Clippers would be where he wants to go, based on the last 20 years it is obvious he wants to be in LA. Imagine if that did happen, though, and the Lakers go through the season with a $25 mil trade exception.
ISOM
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 4:01 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Listening to Ireland today, Mannix wrote an article that the Lakers should trade Kobe to the Knicks in the offseason, and gave his reasons why he thought it would work for both teams. His first assumption, which I totally disagree with, is that NY would be the one place Kobe would want to go to. I think if he were going to leave the Lakers, the Clippers would be where he wants to go, based on the last 20 years it is obvious he wants to be in LA. Imagine if that did happen, though, and the Lakers go through the season with a $25 mil trade exception.

At this point, I don't see Kobe wanting to go to any other team. His body is decaying and only has a couple of seasons or a season left in him. If he was at the point where trading him would be an option, I'm sure he'd just retire. I think he cares a lot about his legacy of staying with one team so I don't see a trade happening.
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 4:06 pm    Post subject:

Kobe's not getting traded....stupid people think that.....he will have his farewell tour next season and get the kudos he deserves from the league and then it's off to enjoying his family and explore other endeavors. He will do just fine. He is smart and very articulate....not every athlete is.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 4:28 pm    Post subject:

anth2000 wrote:
Kobe's not getting traded....stupid people think that.....he will have his farewell tour next season and get the kudos he deserves from the league and then it's off to enjoying his family and explore other endeavors. He will do just fine. He is smart and very articulate....not every athlete is.

.. x2 ..
K28
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 4:29 pm    Post subject:

I don't want Kobe traded. I just wish there was a way to get him his 6th ring.

It's a long shot...but if the Lakers win the lottery, and sign the right role players as free agents, we could field at least a contender for Kobe with a Okafor/Randle frontcourt.

That team might not win right away...but if Kobe comes back for an extra year on the cheap, and the Lakers use their max slot on a 2016 FA....that team could be that one chance for Kobe.
Killer_Z
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 8:07 pm    Post subject:

kray28_ wrote:

It's a long shot...but if the Lakers win the lottery, and sign the right role players as free agents, we could field at least a contender for Kobe with a Okafor/Randle frontcourt.

That team might not win right away...but if Kobe comes back for an extra year on the cheap, and the Lakers use their max slot on a 2016 FA....that team could be that one chance for Kobe.

Him re-signing for one more year in 2016 is his only real shot at the 6th ring. There literally is no chance next season unfortunately. Who knows, if he recovers nicely during this time off, he may have a decent season and agree to stick around for a minimum contract in hopes a big FA will sign on for the 2016-2017 season.
rock0100
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 8:12 pm    Post subject:

Question for Larry Coon? What happens if Kobe "medically retires" and we get the extra cap space this summer. We use it and then during the season, Kobe comes back.

Is that possible?
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 8:39 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:

So in that hypothetical, the Knicks would absorb Kobe's salary and give up a draft pick or two? I can't tell what Phil is doing out there so far but this would be a really strange move to make in the first year they can actually go after free agents. It would also be a very unceremonious ending to Kobes career as a Laker.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 11:23 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:

The Knicks are in a much worse position than the Lakers, so I don't see how that would work out for them. What would they be giving in return? Yes, I do agree that the Clippers would probably be his other destination since the only movement he would be doing is entering a different locker room at Staples Center. That being said, I just don't see him leaving for the Clippers since they would have to give up some assets to the Lakers, which would defeat the purpose of going to another team in the first place. Kobe's destiny is riding out his career as a Laker, I just don't see any other ending at this point.
Bard207
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 11:44 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Imagine if that did happen, though, and the Lakers go through the season with a $25 mil trade exception.

If the Lakers go under the Salary Cap to sign Free Agents this Summer, it might be difficult to maintain a $25 million Trade Exception while also using about $47 million in Cap Space. They would be in a situation similar to Philly which uses Cap Space to make trades (absorb salary) rather than some type of Exception.

26. How do exceptions count against the cap? Does being under the cap always mean that a team has room to sign free agents? Do teams ever lose their exceptions?

Quote:

If a team is below the cap, then its Disabled Player, Bi-Annual, Mid-Level (either the Taxpayer or Non-Taxpayer Mid-Level, whichever applies to the team) and/or trade exceptions are added to their team salary, and the league treats the team as though they are over the cap. This is to prevent a loophole, in a manner similar to free agent amounts (see question number 39). A team can't act like it's under the cap and sign free agents using cap room, and then use their Disabled Player, Bi-Annual, Mid-Level and/or trade exceptions.

______

Edit:

The above is written with the idea that a trade of Kobe would be done before the Lakers would have used their entire Cap Space for signing Free Agents.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 12:32 am    Post subject:

rock0100 wrote:
Question for Larry Coon? What happens if Kobe "medically retires" and we get the extra cap space this summer. We use it and then during the season, Kobe comes back.

Is that possible?

I've read that insurance companies will usually require a player to agree to pay back money if he returns from a medical retirement before they give him a settlement.

And even if there weren't such an agreement, I would expect if an insurance company paid Kobe $26 million because he said he was medically unable to play, and he played again in a few months, they would sue to recover the money from him.

Theoretically, it's possible. But it's unlikely they could get away with it, and I doubt they would foolish enough to try.
CBaller8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 12:37 am    Post subject:

Killer_Z wrote:
kray28_ wrote:

Him re-signing for one more year in 2016 is his only real shot at the 6th ring. There literally is no chance next season unfortunately. Who knows, if he recovers nicely during this time off, he may have a decent season and agree to stick around for a minimum contract in hopes a big FA will sign on for the 2016-2017 season.

Yeah, impossible to win it all next season. Mitch can get us a playoff roster this offseason but not a finals roster.
Bard207
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 12:48 am    Post subject:

rock0100 wrote:

Is that possible?

Since I have that web page already open, here is the link that covers that topic area. Read it closely because there are plenty of nuances involved.

63. What are the rules for retired players? What if the player suffers a career-ending injury?
revoldas
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 1:06 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:

It might be for the best for the Lakers but in no way would Kobe goes to another team on the *might be* last year of his career, especially to a team has no chance at whiffing the title. And to be frank, I'm not sure that getting another ring to him at this point of his career is more valuable than complete his Lakers legacy. Spend all long your career year in one team that is one hell of an achievement to itself. I mean every year there are multiple players will get a ring no matter what, but when will there be another player who spend 20 on the same team for the entire duration of his career? Not to mention leading this one and only team to final victory 5 times?
rock0100
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 5:00 am    Post subject:

Bard207 wrote:
rock0100 wrote:

Is that possible?

Since I have that web page already open, here is the link that covers that topic area. Read it closely because there are plenty of nuances involved.

63. What are the rules for retired players? What if the player suffers a career-ending injury?

Thank you. So the short answer is no it cannot be done. Even if kobe did retire, we could not apply for an exception from his salary until a year from his last game so free agency would be long gone by then.
KobeDGreatesss
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 9:21 am    Post subject:

Lakerfan 4 Life wrote:
Told you Kobe's arm sleeve is a curse to him and the Lakers! Bring back the elbow band, Kobe.

He wears it for a reason now, not a fashion statement
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 26, 27, 28  Next
Page 27 of 28
Jump to: