-- The 2015 NBA Playoffs Game Thread -- (Matchups Set, Page 1)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 42, 43, 44 ... 715, 716, 717  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Buck32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 8:36 pm    Post subject:

That's a Vegas call right there.
leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 8:37 pm    Post subject:

Insult to injury would be if GSW wins the game by intentionally fouling them to prevent a three.

Last edited by leor_77 on Thu Apr 23, 2015 8:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 8:38 pm    Post subject:

Why didn't the Pelicans foul sooner?
Kingpin2010
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 8:38 pm    Post subject:

the association wrote:
Kingpin2010 wrote:
the association wrote:
Megaton wrote:
Rose slowly coming back as MVP Rose.

They would wipe the floor with the Cavs next round if that's the case.

Hi-larious ...

Listen, LeBron has a 12-3 career record vs. the Bulls in the playoffs, including 8-2 with Derrick Rose in the lineup. The fact is, the team LeBron is playing on has beaten the MF brakes off the team Rose has played on every single time they have met in the playoffs. Yeah, he grinds Rose up and spits him out on the daily in the regular season, too ...

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/h2h_finder.cgi?request=1&p1=jamesle01&p2=rosede01

Maybe this is the year the Bulls prevail, but wiping the floor? I wouldn't bet your paycheck on that one ...

MVP Rose is a myth ...

The big problem the Bulls had before was Rose was their only go to option before. They had Butler and Pau now.

In 2010, the Bulls had a substantially better roster than the Cavs (across the board, with the exception of LeBron). In 2011, the Bulls had a substantially better roster after the Big 3 ...

It's pointless to suggest a bet under these circumstances, but I think you and those who think like you are setting yourselves up for disappointment if you think the Bulls have finally cracked the LeBron code ... leave it to the WC to make a run at that one. These Bulls, like all past iterations, are not up to the task ...

The Bulls were a 41 win team in 2010, the cavs won 61. I doubt a 41 win team had a substantially better roster than a 61.

2011 the roster wasn't substantially better? They added Boozer who was declining and that was really it. The Bulls were starting Keith freaking Bogans in the playoffs.

My whole point on why they are better equipped to win this year is Jimmy Butler and Pau. Those previous matchups the Bulls had no offense outside of Rose, they stick Lebron on him and the Bulls are suffocated. Now they Have Butler and Pau who are better offensive players than anyone else on those Bulls teams.
Kingpin2010
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 8:39 pm    Post subject:

leor_77 wrote:
Insult to injury would be if GSW wins the game by intentionally fouling them to prevent a three.

Poetic Justice
Laker_Town
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 8:39 pm    Post subject:

Gordon is a moron.

Then late foul
the association
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 8:40 pm    Post subject:

eureca wrote:
the association wrote:
Kingpin2010 wrote:
the association wrote:
Megaton wrote:

Hi-larious ...

Listen, LeBron has a 12-3 career record vs. the Bulls in the playoffs, including 8-2 with Derrick Rose in the lineup. The fact is, the team LeBron is playing on has beaten the MF brakes off the team Rose has played on every single time they have met in the playoffs. Yeah, he grinds Rose up and spits him out on the daily in the regular season, too ...

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/h2h_finder.cgi?request=1&p1=jamesle01&p2=rosede01

Maybe this is the year the Bulls prevail, but wiping the floor? I wouldn't bet your paycheck on that one ...

MVP Rose is a myth ...

The big problem the Bulls had before was Rose was their only go to option before. They had Butler and Pau now.

In 2010, the Bulls had a substantially better roster than the Cavs (across the board, with the exception of LeBron). In 2011, the Bulls had a substantially better roster after the Big 3 ...

It's pointless to suggest a bet under these circumstances, but I think you and those who think like you are setting yourselves up for disappointment if you think the Bulls have finally cracked the LeBron code ... leave it to the WC to make a run at that one. These Bulls, like all past iterations, are not up to the task ...

In 2011 Bulls were eliminated in the 1st round after Rose got injured....

Edit: nevermind I thought you were talking about the years when Lebron was with the Heat my bad.

I got you ...

Anyway, there seems to be enough dysfunctional capacity in Cleveland to possibly open the door for Chicago to seize their destiny this year ... I don't know any better than the next guy ... I just don't think it's wise to poke a bear who has been beating the brakes off the Bulls franchise for the entirety of his playoff career.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 8:40 pm    Post subject:

Kingpin2010 wrote:
the association wrote:
Kingpin2010 wrote:
the association wrote:
Megaton wrote:

Hi-larious ...

MVP Rose is a myth ...

The Bulls were a 41 win team in 2010, the cavs won 61. I doubt a 41 win team had a substantially better roster than a 61.

2011 the roster wasn't substantially better? They added Boozer who was declining and that was really it. The Bulls were starting Keith freaking Bogans in the playoffs.

My whole point on why they are better equipped to win this year is Jimmy Butler and Pau. Those previous matchups the Bulls had no offense outside of Rose, they stick Lebron on him and the Bulls are suffocated. Now they Have Butler and Pau who are better offensive players than anyone else on those Bulls teams.

Jimmy butler defended Lebron the best out of any elite defender last season (including Paul George) statistically as well. Don't know about this season though.
the association
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 8:43 pm    Post subject:

Kingpin2010 wrote:
the association wrote:
Kingpin2010 wrote:
the association wrote:
Megaton wrote:

Hi-larious ...

MVP Rose is a myth ...

OK, we'll see ... I have very modest faith in Derrick Rose, so I'm unsold. But look for yourself at the Cavs roster in 2010 and explain how 61 games were won ... it was and it remains a miracle what LeBron mustered with those rosters during his initial 7 year run with Cleveland. Unprecedented ...

But you may be right ... I'll post enough for us to re-visit the conversation in the next week or so. Good luck ...

Last edited by the association on Thu Apr 23, 2015 8:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
panamaniac
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 8:44 pm    Post subject:

If he can remain healthy Bogut will be a huge difference maker for GS this post season.
Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 8:45 pm    Post subject:

I love to watch him play, but Davis is very limited offensively. You can't rely on rolling on pick and rolls and putbacks. He has a jumper, sure, but he's no Dirk.
bandiger
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 8:46 pm    Post subject:

Monty playcalling and game management is BS tier.
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 8:47 pm    Post subject:

Wow, Pels. I don't want them to win the series but this was a hard loss.
dmorans1
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 8:48 pm    Post subject:

Wow I turned the TV off in the 4th. How the heck did GS win? Man gotta watch those highlights.
Kingpin2010
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 8:49 pm    Post subject:

The Grind wrote:
If he can remain healthy Bogut will be a huge difference maker for GS this post season.

He's been their key to post season success the last few years. When he was healthy 2 years ago, they beat Denver and took the Spurs to 6. Last year he's out they lose in round 1
the association
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 8:50 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
Kingpin2010 wrote:
the association wrote:
Kingpin2010 wrote:
the association wrote:
Megaton wrote:

Hi-larious ...

MVP Rose is a myth ...

Jimmy butler defended Lebron the best out of any elite defender last season (including Paul George) statistically as well. Don't know about this season though.

I don't know about that ... I think Kawhi is the most effective defender for LeBron. But point taken, Butler is probably one of the more effective defenders against LeBron ...
the association
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 8:51 pm    Post subject:

One of those crushing losses ... Golden State by 15+ to close out the series in Game 4. What a drag for the fans in NOLA ...
Kingpin2010
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 8:51 pm    Post subject:

dmorans1 wrote:
Wow I turned the TV off in the 4th. How the heck did GS win? Man gotta watch those highlights.

The Pelicans didn't box out. The warriors ate them up on the offensive boards in the 4th.
lakersgirl
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 8:55 pm    Post subject:

TDRock wrote:

Pau Gasol is nice
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 8:58 pm    Post subject:

Wilt wrote:
I love to watch him play, but Davis is very limited offensively. You can't rely on rolling on pick and rolls and putbacks. He has a jumper, sure, but he's no Dirk.

He needs to learn a change of direction when he drives to the hoop. He should work on a spin the other way for the finish move. There's no way Bogut should be able to stay with him.
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 8:59 pm    Post subject:

lakersgirl wrote:
TDRock wrote:

Hopefully this is a teaching moment for GS and they channel this into later series.
Dave20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 9:14 pm    Post subject:

The Warriors just have too many weapons for the Pelicans. Davis needs another star, can't win with Evans as the 2nd best player.
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 9:17 pm    Post subject:

Pau Gasol, Goran Dagic would've been a lot better pairing up with AD had that CP3 to Lakers trade gone through. still feeling the pain
eureca
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 9:23 pm    Post subject:

SGV-Laker fan wrote:
Pau Gasol, Goran Dagic would've been a lot better pairing up with AD had that CP3 to Lakers trade gone through. still feeling the pain

Pau would have went to the Rockets and Pelicans probably don't get the top pick to get Davis if the trade went through.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 9:27 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
There is only two teams I root for. One is the Lakers and the other is any team playing the Celtics.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 42, 43, 44 ... 715, 716, 717  Next
Page 43 of 717
Jump to: