OFFICIAL JEREMY LIN THREAD (***Remember to talk about BASKETBALL and NOT other fans/posters*** See pg.1)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 486, 487, 488 ... 501, 502, 503  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 6:47 am    Post subject:

Russell1 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Russell1 wrote:
He should sit back and make the right choice. Maybe sign a 1 year MLE or mini MLE type deal with a team like Dallas or the Pelicans and get his value up for next uear. I think he would do well with the Pelicans and Alvin Gentry.

Pelicans would be a great idea. P&R with Anthony Davis. However, Holiday (assuming health) is their starter who will play 35mpg. Not sure Lin wants to be a 20mpg guy.

Holiday, Gordon, and evens are players that get hurt alot amd Holiday hasn't been that good. I can see Lin getting 30 plus minutes there between those 3 guard spots.

Sure, but not a guarantee. Not sure Lin wants to go to a team that will require 2 of its top 3 players being hurt all the time to get PT.
CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 6:51 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Russell1 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Russell1 wrote:
He should sit back and make the right choice. Maybe sign a 1 year MLE or mini MLE type deal with a team like Dallas or the Pelicans and get his value up for next uear. I think he would do well with the Pelicans and Alvin Gentry.

Pelicans would be a great idea. P&R with Anthony Davis. However, Holiday (assuming health) is their starter who will play 35mpg. Not sure Lin wants to be a 20mpg guy.

Holiday, Gordon, and evens are players that get hurt alot amd Holiday hasn't been that good. I can see Lin getting 30 plus minutes there between those 3 guard spots.

Sure, but not a guarantee. Not sure Lin wants to go to a team that will require 2 of its top 3 players being hurt all the time to get PT.

Nothing is a guarantee with Lin right now but the Pelicans start 3 guards, Lin would most likely be the 1st guard off the bench and can easily get 30 minutes and he is also familiar with the system Alvin Gentry is putting in.
Anthony Peeler
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 6:55 am    Post subject:

The problem with the Pelicans is that they already have a triumvirate of Holiday, Tyreke, and Gordon.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 7:00 am    Post subject:

Anthony Peeler wrote:
The problem with the Pelicans is that they already have a triumvirate of Holiday, Tyreke, and Gordon.

That's true, forgot about Tyreke. That's a lot of guys who want the ball.
nikeykid
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 7:24 am    Post subject:

Mark Medina ‏@MarkG_Medina 5m5 minutes ago
I'm told Jeremy Lin fielding interest from Dallas, Memphis, Indiana, Chicago, San Antonio, Clippers & even the Lakers http://bit.ly/1T64fVc

I still doubt Lin ends up w/ Lakers. Lakers just drafted Russell w/ Clarkson behind him. Lin could get a better role elsewhere
AirShooter
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:03 am    Post subject:

Jeremy's annual Christian Testimonial in Taiwan:

He appears at the 30 minute mark, but he's bantering in Mandarin with the hosts. Anyone able to translate?

The actual speech, fortunately, is in English, starting at the 40 minute mark (along with a translator next to him).

He talks about the DNP, talks about bringing a good attitude to practice and honoring God by devoting himself to taking care of his Lakers teammates on and off the court.

Then there's more banter and a Q&A in Mandarin with the hosts. No idea what they're laughing at unless someone translates or subtitles.

Some of the elements seem to be similar to the speech he gave at Hong Kong University earlier in the trip. But they have a piano here to add mood music to points of the speech.
AirShooter
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:08 am    Post subject:

From Mark Medina's article:

Quote:
Despite a lone season here filled with frustration over his own inconsistency, a fluctuating role and an unconventional offense, a possible Jeremy Lin partnership with the Lakers is not entirely over.

The Lakers expressed interest in retaining Lin after free agency began on Tuesday night, according to a league source familiar with the situation. Lin also fielded interest from several teams, including Dallas, Memphis, Indiana, Chicago, San Antonio and the Clippers, according to a league source. But before free agency began, both the Lakers and Lin felt lukewarm about a reunion for several reasons.

Although he experienced relative improvement throughout the 2014-15 season, Lin felt uncomfortable under Byron Scott’s offensive system that put less emphasis on pick-and-rolls. He initially struggled sharing ball-handling duties. After 19 games, Lin lost his starting spot to veteran Ronnie Price in hopes the Lakers could offset a 5-15 start. Lin lost his starting spot again for good in January so rookie guard Jordan Clarkson could develop.

The odds of Lin returning to the Lakers appeared even more unlikely after selection Ohio State point guard D’Angelo Russell with the No. 2 pick of the 2015 NBA Draft. That would cement Lin as a third-string point guard. Although he has downplayed the importance of starting or coming off the bench, Lin considers it a priority to join on a team where he both feels comfortable in the offense and plays a significant role.

http://www.insidesocal.com/lakers/2015/07/01/nba-free-agency-lakers-reach-out-to-jeremy-lin/
13th Man
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:13 am    Post subject:

nikeykid wrote:
I'm told Jeremy Lin fielding interest from Dallas, Memphis, Indiana, Chicago, San Antonio, Clippers & even the Lakers http://bit.ly/1T64fVc

I still doubt Lin ends up w/ Lakers. Lakers just drafted Russell w/ Clarkson behind him. Lin could get a better role elsewhere

Not a bad field imo. From this crop, my thoughts of:

Dallas - Best fit for Lin imo, they're in need of a floor general with Rondo (most likely) and Monta gone. He'd play a significant role and they're the favs to pick up D.Jordan.

Memphis - Good team but how many minutes would he get backing up Conley?

Indiana - I liked this before but looks like they will pick up Monta so not as much anymore. They still have George Hill as well.

Chicago - His pt will be totally dependent on the health of Rose.

San Antonio - I like this option as well, Parker is aging so Lin would get his share of minutes. If they pick up LMA, they're championship contenders once again.

Clippers - Meh, They're losing Jordan and he'd always be behind CP3.

Lakers - I can't see it, would best for both parties to go their separate ways.

A bit surprised no Knicks but that team is still in disarray with no real identity. I'm really hoping for either Dallas or San Antonio.
blueice
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:25 am    Post subject:

Honestly, Mav seems like the best team for him at the moment.
fafan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:38 am    Post subject:

Would like to see Lin playing in East conference if could get a start position.
Anthony Peeler
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:44 am    Post subject:

13th Man wrote:
nikeykid wrote:

Dallas - Best fit for Lin imo, they're in need of a floor general with Rondo (most likely) and Monta gone. He'd play a significant role and they're the favs to pick up D.Jordan.

Indiana - I liked this before but looks like they will pick up Monta so not as much anymore. They still have George Hill as well.

San Antonio - I like this option as well, Parker is aging so Lin would get his share of minutes. If they pick up LMA, they're championship contenders once again.

A bit surprised no Knicks but that team is still in disarray with no real identity. I'm really hoping for either Dallas or San Antonio.

I wonder why Broussard said the Kings and the Knicks would be interested but then Medina doesn't have them among the interested teams.
fafan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:52 am    Post subject:

AirShooter wrote:

He appears at the 30 minute mark, but he's bantering in Mandarin with the hosts. Anyone able to translate?

The actual speech, fortunately, is in English, starting at the 40 minute mark (along with a translator next to him).

He talks about the DNP, talks about bringing a good attitude to practice and honoring God by devoting himself to taking care of his Lakers teammates on and off the court.

Then there's more banter and a Q&A in Mandarin with the hosts. No idea what they're laughing at unless someone translates or subtitles.

Some of the elements seem to be similar to the speech he gave at Hong Kong University earlier in the trip. But they have a piano here to add mood music to points of the speech.

Nothing important, just funny talks like he doesn't like his mom made soup... blah, blah,blah.
13th Man
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 9:36 am    Post subject:

The Spurs just re-signed Danny Green to 4/45 so if they manage to get LMA, they won't have any $ left for Lin.
Lakersprime
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 9:37 am    Post subject:

blueice wrote:

Agree, but San Antonio is also good.
fafan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 9:44 am    Post subject:

Goran Dragic stays on Heat, 5 year 90 mil.
AirShooter
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 10:53 am    Post subject:

fafan wrote:
AirShooter wrote:

Nothing important, just funny talks like he doesn't like his mom made soup... blah, blah,blah.

Thanks! Anything interesting in the post-speech segment where he goes back to Mandarin again?
fafan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 10:57 am    Post subject:

AirShooter wrote:
fafan wrote:
AirShooter wrote:

Thanks! Anything interesting in the post-speech segment where he goes back to Mandarin again?

Some Q&A. When asked which term will go? Lin asked as before which waiting and see where these top FA PGs go, then make decision. 1st thing is suitable for him.
Lakersprime
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:27 am    Post subject:

the Clippers have reached out to Jeremy Lin:

http://clipperholics.com/2015/07/01/2015-nba-free-agency-the-clippers-have-reached-out-to-jeremy-lin/
ice_cold
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:24 pm    Post subject:

13th Man wrote:
nikeykid wrote:

What's interesting about this group of teams is that they are all contenders. Apart from Pacers (who were ninth in the East, and that was without Paul George) and Lakers, they were all in the playoffs this year.

Memphis - I totally love that they are interested in Lin if only because it shows they know where they need to get better.
fafan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:27 pm    Post subject:

Lakersprime wrote:

http://clipperholics.com/2015/07/01/2015-nba-free-agency-the-clippers-have-reached-out-to-jeremy-lin/

There will be very interesting!
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:41 pm    Post subject:

I wish Lin luck wherever he goes, obviously I'm a Laker fan; so
I won't follow.
13th Man
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 2:30 pm    Post subject:

Anthony Peeler wrote:

I wonder why Broussard said the Kings and the Knicks would be interested but then Medina doesn't have them among the interested teams.

Actually, both the Knicks and Kings have expressed interest from different sources. All these tweets from today so good news.

‏@AlexKennedyNBA
There have been rumblings from league sources that the Knicks may pursue free agent Jeremy Lin this summer. No word what they would offer.

@ChrisMannixSI
Another name on Sacramento's radar, per source: Jeremy Lin.

@AlexKennedyNBA
I'm hearing the Dallas Mavericks were one of the first teams to reach out to Jeremy Lin last night. They have shown interest in many PGs.
AirShooter
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 2:40 pm    Post subject:

Lakersprime wrote:

I wonder if that's why Doc Rivers was one of the names Lin bandied about in answer to a question overseas.

Since the Clips lost out on Tyson Chandler and DeAndre Jordan is probably gone, would they get big man Ed Davis? Davis and Lin pick-and-rolls? Chris Paul would obviously be starter, but maybe Lin would displace Austin Rivers, not sure about how Doc would feel about that.
fafan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 4:45 pm    Post subject:

AirShooter wrote:
Lakersprime wrote:

I wonder if that's why Doc Rivers was one of the names Lin bandied about in answer to a question overseas.

Since the Clips lost out on Tyson Chandler and DeAndre Jordan is probably gone, would they get big man Ed Davis? Davis and Lin pick-and-rolls? Chris Paul would obviously be starter, but maybe Lin would displace Austin Rivers, not sure about how Doc would feel about that.

Can't wait to see Lin & ED play together again!
blueice
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 5:10 pm    Post subject:

Lakersprime wrote:
blueice wrote:

Agree, but San Antonio is also good.

Oh I don't oppose that, but there are Patty Mills and Corey Joseph, so I think his minutes would be very very limited. Might not get to see him show up in some games?

Anyways, I like Spurs, so in terms of learning and growing under a great coach, I'll stand not seeing him much or at all for 1 year if he goes with Spurs, but not other teams.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 486, 487, 488 ... 501, 502, 503  Next
Page 487 of 503
Jump to: