Officer Shot At. Patrol Car Catches Fire

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 5:06 pm    Post subject: Officer Shot At. Patrol Car Catches Fire

Quote:
A police officer was shot at and his cruiser caught fire while the officer was responding to a call of a disabled vehicle.

According to My Fox Boston, the cruiser was struck Wednesday just before 3 p.m. local time while the officer was checking on the disabled vehicle. The officer was shot at three times and returned fire. The officer then crashed and his cruiser caught fire.

Massachusetts State Police responded to the incident and are searching for the suspect in areas they believe he may have headed.
Boston News, Weather, Sports | FOX 25 | MyFoxBoston

Police told the news site the suspect is a white man driving a dark, possibly maroon-colored, pickup truck.

Several buildings, including a public library, are on lockdown. Residents were asked to remain indoors.

The officer was treated and released from a hospital.

Officer Shot at and Crashes
I'm On point, On task, On message, and Off drugs. A Streetwise Smart Bomb, Out of rehab and In denial. Over the Top, On the edge, Under the Radar, and In Control. Behind the 8 ball, Ahead of the Curve and I've got a Love Child who sends me Hate mail.
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 5:11 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
A Millis police officer who said someone shot at his police cruiser Wednesday afternoon before it crashed and caught on fire is accused of fabricating the story, police said.

The officer, 24, said he was traveling on Forest Road when he saw a red or maroon pickup truck traveling in the opposite direction. He said when the two vehicles met, the driver opened fire on the police cruiser, police say.

The officer said he spun around, and in an attempt to avoid the gunfire and seek shelter, he slammed into a tree and the cruiser burst into flames.

We have determined that the officer’s story was fabricated. Specifically, that he fired shots at his own cruiser as a plan to concoct a story that he was fired upon,” Millis Police Sgt. William Dwyer said. “The evidence indicates the shots were not fired by a suspect, and there is no gunman at large in or around the town.”

A massive manhunt for the alleged gunman was launched. The neighborhood was immediately locked down while police units, including a SWAT team, K-9 officers and a Massachusetts State Police helicopter combed the area.

Dwyer said the officer is new to the force and has not yet attended the police academy.

Dwyer said the officer will be terminated, and his name will not be released until the investigation is complete.

Quote:
"I am very upset and don't know how to feel right now," Dwyer said. "The public is safe and should feel secure in their homes and the community."

Officer Made Up Entire Story
I'm On point, On task, On message, and Off drugs. A Streetwise Smart Bomb, Out of rehab and In denial. Over the Top, On the edge, Under the Radar, and In Control. Behind the 8 ball, Ahead of the Curve and I've got a Love Child who sends me Hate mail.
Hammett
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 5:25 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Dwyer said the officer is new to the force and has not yet attended the police academy.

Ok... but let's make sure he gets a hold of a gun first.
Gatekeeper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 7:34 am    Post subject:

Hammett wrote:
Quote:

Ok... but let's make sure he gets a hold of a gun first.

Too bad, so sad. Bye-bye!
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Prarie & Manchester, high above the western sideline

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 7:39 am    Post subject:

Aussiesuede wrote:
Quote:
A Millis police officer who said someone shot at his police cruiser Wednesday afternoon before it crashed and caught on fire is accused of fabricating the story, police said.

The officer, 24, said he was traveling on Forest Road when he saw a red or maroon pickup truck traveling in the opposite direction. He said when the two vehicles met, the driver opened fire on the police cruiser, police say.

The officer said he spun around, and in an attempt to avoid the gunfire and seek shelter, he slammed into a tree and the cruiser burst into flames.

We have determined that the officer’s story was fabricated. Specifically, that he fired shots at his own cruiser as a plan to concoct a story that he was fired upon,” Millis Police Sgt. William Dwyer said. “The evidence indicates the shots were not fired by a suspect, and there is no gunman at large in or around the town.”

A massive manhunt for the alleged gunman was launched. The neighborhood was immediately locked down while police units, including a SWAT team, K-9 officers and a Massachusetts State Police helicopter combed the area.

Dwyer said the officer will be terminated, and his name will not be released until the investigation is complete.

Quote:
"I am very upset and don't know how to feel right now," Dwyer said. "The public is safe and should feel secure in their homes and the community."

Officer Made Up Entire Story

Cop lies matter?

Sister Golden Hair wrote:
LAMAR ODOM is an anagram for ... DOOM ALARM
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Legacy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 8:20 am    Post subject:

Apparently he had accomplices
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2015 1:26 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Police officer who was indicted for calling in a phony bomb threat and staging a shootout that sparked a manhunt was found dead in his home over the holidays, authorities said.

Bryan Johnson, 24, was discovered early Thursday morning in his residence near Millis, Mass., not far from Boston, according to the Norfolk District Attorney’s Office. The prosecutor’s office said Johnson “was found by another resident of the home.”

A spokesman for the Millis Police Department, which fired Johnson in September after determining that he made up a story about having been shot at, said police and firefighters responded to the scene at his home. Upon arrival, they found a deceased 24-year-old man.

Quack Killed Himself
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2015 7:16 pm    Post subject:

Scary a guy like that was on the force. How did he pass tests necessary? Especially psych test.

Great example of why the screening process needs to be seriously addressed.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Hammett
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2015 9:44 pm    Post subject:

I wish they would flesh out his backstory a little more? Was he ex-military? PTSD victim?

Quote:

Charges against people who die are withdrawn, according to the Norfolk District Attorney’s Office.

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: