Byron: "D'Angelo is not old enough for me to discuss what he thinks" - has not communicated to Russell about Starting
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 5:18 pm    Post subject:

Stubborn and proud.

Russell has a chance to be here for the next 10 to 15 years. BS obviously knows this but is still too proud.
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 5:20 pm    Post subject:

John Ireland has as much credibility as SAS. Also, if I did not love Byron so much (as a player), I would call him a douche bag.
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 6:10 pm    Post subject:

Byron has a point... he has assistants to discuss strategy and evaluate players with. Players should just play the game and not worry about the coach's job.
"Now, if life is coffee, then the jobs, money & position in society are the cups. They are just tools to hold & contain life, but the quality of life doesn't change. Sometimes, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee in it."
Fastbreak32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 6:20 pm    Post subject:

Drifts wrote:
Byron has a point... he has assistants to discuss strategy and evaluate players with. Players should just play the game and not worry about the coach's job.

And what does the head coach do if the assistants strategize and evaluate? Play golf, I suppose.

"...there was a time when the Israelites were wandering in the desert and all of a sudden, bread came down from heaven,” Pelinka said. “That’s kind of what today feels like for us to have KCP join.”
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 6:22 pm    Post subject:

Fastbreak32 wrote:
Drifts wrote:

And what does the head coach do if the assistants strategize and evaluate? Play golf, I suppose.

I said discuss with and evaluate with... "with" meaning Byron is going to be involved "with" the process
"Now, if life is coffee, then the jobs, money & position in society are the cups. They are just tools to hold & contain life, but the quality of life doesn't change. Sometimes, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee in it."
Fastbreak32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 6:32 pm    Post subject:

It still sounds stupid.

"...there was a time when the Israelites were wandering in the desert and all of a sudden, bread came down from heaven,” Pelinka said. “That’s kind of what today feels like for us to have KCP join.”
pkflyers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 7:53 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
What is Byron trying to accomplish with this (bleep)?

Big Game James wrote:
I'm Kwame Brown and every one of my posts seem to be moved. I find this perplexing because I've never had a post move before!

http://tinyurl.com/snxt
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
nevitt_smrek
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 8:00 pm    Post subject:

Hopefully the Lakers will have the same sense the Warriors had with Mark Jackson. We'll definitely see improvement, on a smaller scale of course.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 8:00 pm    Post subject:

It doesn't make sense to talk to DLO now about starting after the all star game. Something could change (maybe we get Westbrook?) so you don't want to commit now. Talk to him about starting when you are ready to start him.
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 8:27 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
It doesn't make sense to talk to DLO now about starting after the all star game. Something could change (maybe we get Westbrook?) so you don't want to commit now. Talk to him about starting when you are ready to start him.

"Is not old enough to ask what he thinks"? The kids in the freakin NBA,
a decent coach needs to talk to his players...

This is another power play by BS, can't wait til he's gone and if the FO
really thought about it, the time is now not at seasons end. It's time to build some cohesiveness with the youngsters.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 9:05 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:

So like 30 seconds before tipoff? I mean DLO could be kidnapped in the hallway before tipoff too.
moonriver24
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 9:11 pm    Post subject:

bs trying to say he was TOO old to listen to young guys
Lonzo-Lite
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 6:41 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
What's hilarious is the "too cocky" and his "ego is too big."

I mean, we're doing a farewell tour for Kobe.

We got guys like Shaq, etc. The Lakers breed on that cocky lead player. It's hilarious.

I think it's most likely leaked from Scott's camp.

I am so glad, so so glad that D'Angelo is built in the mold of cockiness with an ego. That's what stars are made of.

If D'Angelo wasn't, he would've folded up by now from the pressure and put down like Kwame Brown or Anthony Bennett.
Shaber
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 6:56 am    Post subject:

Drifts wrote:

Do you imagine a teacher who is not discussing a professional career with a pupil? Scott is supposed to develop our young talent, not? How is it possible without communicating?

A smart and thinking player sure must also think about the game from a coach perspective.

Lakers depth chart

PG Johnson / Goodrich
SG Bryant / West / Scott
SF Baylor / Worthy / Cooper
PF Mikkelsen / Hairston / McAdoo / Gasol
C Chamberlain / Abdul-Jabbar / O'Neal / Mikan
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 6:58 am    Post subject:

Drifts wrote:

So the great coaches like Popovich, Phil Jax, even the newer guys like Kerr don't talk with their players about their roles?

Kerr: "Hey Steph, you need to talk with Luke about your role."
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 7:03 am    Post subject:

Drifts wrote:
Fastbreak32 wrote:
Drifts wrote:

I said discuss with and evaluate with... "with" meaning Byron is going to be involved "with" the process

For the record, Brett Brown is apparently really involved with your boy Okafor about his role on the team.
Sina
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 7:19 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Drifts wrote:
Fastbreak32 wrote:
Drifts wrote:

For the record, Brett Brown is apparently really involved with your boy Okafor about his role on the team.

Agreed coach no need to discuss with every player, especially to a rookie. By the way, it seems Scott's style to let player work through difficulties by themselves, sometimes work through the problem created by Scott himself.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 7:23 am    Post subject:

Sina wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Drifts wrote:
Fastbreak32 wrote:
Drifts wrote:

Agreed coach no need to discuss with every player, especially to a rookie. By the way, it seems Scott's style to let player work through difficulties by themselves, sometimes work through the problem created by Scott himself.

What are you agreeing with? Scott's ridiculous notion that he doesn't have to discuss roles with a player that the Lakers are basing their rebuild on?

He's just a poor communicator. He was treated poorly as a rookie when he joined the Showtime crew. Somehow he feels that DLO is being coddled unlike he was with Cooper, KAJ, Worthy, etc.

Newsflash to BScott. It's 2016. Yeah it sucked what they did to you but you don't have to make the kid's life difficult just for the sake of it.
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 7:26 am    Post subject:

can DLO file age discrimination against Byron and the Lakers? i think his agent should at least bring this up with Mitch and Jim.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 8:50 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

So like 30 seconds before tipoff? I mean DLO could be kidnapped in the hallway before tipoff too.

Yeah, that is exactly what I was saying. <eyeroll>

Too many people just react without reading what was said. Should Byron ask DLO his opinion of what the Lakers should do? I don't think that 50 NBA games gives him the insight to respond. Should Byron discuss that with Kobe? Of course. Do any of you seriously think that Phil asked Bynum his opinion of what the Lakers should do when he was a rookie? Give a guy a chance to have some experience in the league before expecting him to understand what is going on.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 8:58 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

Too many people just react without reading what was said. Should Byron ask DLO his opinion of what the Lakers should do? I don't think that 50 NBA games gives him the insight to respond. Should Byron discuss that with Kobe? Of course. Do any of you seriously think that Phil asked Bynum his opinion of what the Lakers should do when he was a rookie? Give a guy

a chance to have some experience in the league before expecting him to understand what is going on.

VLF, I may be too young for you to discuss topics. I was saying it in jest my old friend.
fiendishoc
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 9:03 am    Post subject:

He didn't even explain to the rookies as to why he benched them. That strikes me as kind of an important thing to let them know.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 9:16 am    Post subject:

It is something that should have been communicated to the players. If they are so inexperienced that you won't discuss strategy with them, why would you expect them to be experienced enough to know their weaknesses?
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 10:10 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

Too many people just react without reading what was said. Should Byron ask DLO his opinion of what the Lakers should do? I don't think that 50 NBA games gives him the insight to respond. Should Byron discuss that with Kobe? Of course. Do any of you seriously think that Phil asked Bynum his opinion of what the Lakers should do when he was a rookie? Give a guy a chance to have some experience in the league before expecting him to understand what is going on.

You don't ask young players what you should do as a coach but you have to explain to them what they need to do to be successful. Also, being clear and precise about what their role on the team is, is extremely important. Scott has openly said he doesn't do that. He will tell Russell to not take over a game and be more aggressive within days of each other.
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 10:21 am    Post subject:

I'm over all the Scott distractions and nonsense.

Byron is a bad coach
I would like bad coach replaced with better coach.

Not that complicated
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5
Jump to: