Beyoncé's Dad Responds to Booing at British MOBO Awards

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lakerfan 4 Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 12:32 pm    Post subject: Beyoncé's Dad Responds to Booing at British MOBO Awards

Representatives for Beyoncé Knowles have responded to the backlash that arose after the singer was absent at the British MOBO (Music of Black Origin) Awards on Sept. 20.

The former Destiny's Child frontwoman nabbed three MOBO (Music of Black Origin) Awards, but fans reportedly expressed disappointment at the singer's absence at the show by booing when presenters announced her final win for Best International Female artist.

The singer was allegedly in London at the time but did not attend the event. However, her presence at recent European events has caused fans to believe that she snubbed the awards.

When Beyoncé's boyfriend, rapper Jay-Z, performed at Wembley Arena Saturday night (Sept. 23), he brought out former foe Nas and Beyoncé, who performed "Crazy in Love" and "Déjà vu."

The singer was also seen at the Emporio Armani One Night Only Fashion show at Earls Court as part of London Fashion Week.

Beyoncé's father and manager, Mathew Knowles, contends that the MOBO's itself was booed, not Beyoncé.

"Beyoncé was never scheduled to be at the MOBO Awards. Never! Her schedule simply would not allow it," he stated.

Fans that purchased tickets to see American artists at the MOBO's were reportedly disenchanted that Beyoncé didn't even prepare a taped acceptance speech.

Knowles said that the organizers of the MOBO Awards knew Beyoncé would not be able to make an appearance due to heavy scheduling, and that fans were misled by British press to believe that Beyoncé would be there.

"Fans who paid their money to see Beyoncé and other U.S. artists that won multiple awards were frustrated with the MOBO's after Beyoncé was announced three times in the evening in three categories she had won. That's just bad TV," Knowles said. "The smart thing would have been to combine all three."

Beyoncé won three MOBO Awards for best international female, best song and best video for "Deja Vu," featuring Jay-Z.

The latter single topped the Billboard Hot R&B Songs and made its peak at No. 4 on the Hot 100 chart. Beyoncé's album B'Day is currently at No. 3 on the Billboard Top 200 album charts.

http://www.allhiphop.com/hiphopnews/?ID=6180
LaLakers999
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 1:09 pm    Post subject:

i cant fantasize about beyonce no more becuase the thought of JIgga just cloggs and kills the fantasy.... <~~ it basically tells me that you have to be Rich, own your own NBA team, clothing line, record lable, master studio to even get a girl like beyonce....

KUDOS to Catherine zeta Jones, Christina, Aguilera, and Britney Spears, and Jessica Simpson for marrying ugly men that makes less money than you!!

Addicus
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 1:31 pm    Post subject:

Lakers999 wrote:
i cant fantasize about beyonce no more becuase the thought of JIgga just cloggs and kills the fantasy.... <~~ it basically tells me that you have to be Rich, own your own NBA team, clothing line, record lable, master studio to even get a girl like beyonce....

KUDOS to Catherine zeta Jones, Christina, Aguilera, and Britney Spears, and Jessica Simpson for marrying ugly men that makes less money than you!!

I was never too deep into her (get it), but once J hit it just seemed nasty and stinky!

Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/addicusbrown
Kobe>Lebron
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 10:52 pm    Post subject:

I agree Jay Z is a hideous looking camel face and he is 38.
Beyonce seems to be going the way of Whitney Houston.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: