I know it's never going to happen...

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ShowdownKB8
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 11:30 am    Post subject: I know it's never going to happen...

but I'd love to see Joe Johnson playing alongside Kobe Bryant. He'd be a much better "Scottie" compared to Odom.
hoopschick29
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 11:32 am    Post subject:

Joe Johnson??

:roll:

There are some guys I would take in place of LO. Joe Johnson isn't even remotely on the radar.
KobeBryant24
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 11:37 am    Post subject:

Garnett would be Kobe's best Pippen......but lets not even go there.
TEEGUNN
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 11:40 am    Post subject:

I wanted Artest to play next to Kobe. Great match IMHO. Artest can be the intimidator/defensive ace while Kobe can do the rest. But this is just another water under the bridge discussion.

Jake Speed, 1986
LaLakers999
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 11:50 am    Post subject:

If i had a choice i would pick...

Ron Artest SF
Kevin Garnett PF
Kwame Brown C
Kobe Bryant SG
Chauncy Billups PG

hopefully this will be our olympic team.... But i doubt Artest will get choosen that role will go to or very own number 7
KobeBryant24
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 12:09 pm    Post subject:

TEEGUNN wrote:
I wanted Artest to play next to Kobe. Great match IMHO. Artest can be the intimidator/defensive ace while Kobe can do the rest. But this is just another water under the bridge discussion.

I was one of the few who was in favor of Odom for Artest, for all the reasons you just stated, plus his firey attitude and will to win.
B_P
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 12:13 pm    Post subject:

Love JJ's game!

But I can't wait to see Odom this year!
He's gonna play the best ball of his life.
KobeButler
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 12:15 pm    Post subject:

id take JJ over Odom.
KobeBryant24
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 12:17 pm    Post subject:

B_P wrote:
Love JJ's game!

But I can't wait to see Odom this year!
He's gonna play the best ball of his life.

I really hope so, with all the adversity he's faced this off season, from his child's death to being mugged, he probably has a lot of mixed emotions.

But I'm sure Kobe is there for him, he can relate with his wife's miscarriage to the rape trial, being able to overcome the adversity is something that Bryant can help Odom with tremendously.
AirKobe8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 12:27 pm    Post subject:

I think Rashard Lewis would be a great Pippen....but I think Andre Iguodala would be the perfect complement to Kobe at SF.
ShowtimeDynasty_24/7
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 12:29 pm    Post subject:

yep, Iggy would be great and the perfect "Pippen" to Kobe, but I think LO will me amazing this year, and put to rest this talk
fansincemagic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 12:34 pm    Post subject:

Johnson is ideal in the mold of a player I'd want to ADD, but Atlanta wouldn't deal him unless Odom was involved. I like the fact that he can play either guard spot, and as long as he can keep up with some of the quicker points out west. They should target a player like him, but I'd be happy with a player a little less talented offensively, as long as you don't give up anything defensively from the perimeter.
golakersgo121
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 12:43 pm    Post subject:

Can you, guys, leave all these "opportunities" of trading Lamar alone?

At least out of respect for a man?
Raptor2k
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 1:16 pm    Post subject:

hoopschick29 wrote:
Joe Johnson??

:roll:

There are some guys I would take in place of LO. Joe Johnson isn't even remotely on the radar.

24KB
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 3:42 pm    Post subject:

i personnaly like this odom kobe thing but if i was to change it id take garnett and joe johnson. we dont need another guard we need someone down low
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 3:51 pm    Post subject:

You mean 80 million over 5 years, JJ? Noway.

I'm with hoopschick. If I could get a few other guys over Odom, I would - Johnson is not one of them.

Infact, I'd guess that Atlanta would deal JJ for LO in a heartbeat. They need a bigger forward who can play PF. They need to open up PT at SF and SG for Marvin Williams and Josh Smith. Odom, Williams and Smith could be an interchangable 4-2. Marvin wants to play more 3 and Johnson can not play 4.

You want to make the Hawks better? Deal Odom to them for JJ. You want to get Kupchak fired? Get him to take on JJ's bloated contract.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 3:54 pm    Post subject:

Jj is under-rated here.I remeber when I said Joe Johnson is the closest thing to PIP(not counting the Lebrons or T-Macs) and people said that was a lack of respect shown to Pip. Joe is a 20-5-5 player that can play d, the 1-2-3 aka Pip. And remeber people Pip was like the pont he could handle the ball like a point.Not a Artest or AK.

Not saying I want to trade LO
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 4:00 pm    Post subject:

Wolf...... hes only 25-26, He will still be in his prime(and still getting better) when that contract is over
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 4:00 pm    Post subject:

Johnson wouldn't put up those stats on a great team. He's putting those up on a lottery team where he is the undisputed #1. Think, why couldn't he slide in as that type of player in other franchises he played for?

I don't view him as a bonafide 20 ppg scorer. Mike James is a 20 ppg player on a team that bad last season.

I agree that Johnson is versatile, athletic and talented. I just don't view him as an 80 million over 5 years type of player. He's overpaid, doesn't pass or board as well as Odom. Too arrogant.

Last edited by wolfpaclaker on Sat Sep 30, 2006 4:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 4:02 pm    Post subject:

He put up 17pts on a PHX team that was loaded, I think he would have improved 2-3pts on that team
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 4:02 pm    Post subject:

And unlike Lamar Joe never misses a game
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 4:06 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:

I agree that Johnson is versatile, athletic and talented. I just don't view him as an 80 million over 5 years type of player. He's overpaid, doesn't pass or board as well as Odom. Too arrogant.

Odom makes the same thing and Joe is younger. He doesnt pass as well as Lamar...LOL.Thats why he avrg more ast on a like u said a lottery team

and oh yeah, I know Joe and he isnt anywhere close to being arrogant
Legacy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 4:22 pm    Post subject:

dcarter4kobe wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:

Odom makes the same thing and Joe is younger. He doesnt pass as well as Lamar...LOL.Thats why he avrg more ast on a like u said a lottery team

and oh yeah, I know Joe and he isnt anywhere close to being arrogant

Now we understand your frustration.

And I wouldn't want him over LO either.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 4:25 pm    Post subject:

dcarter4kobe wrote:
He put up 17pts on a PHX team that was loaded, I think he would have improved 2-3pts on that team

17 out of 110. That's closer to 15 on 100. Around what he would average on most teams.

He is a good scorer. Never argued that. I just don't see him worth that much money.

Quote:

Odom signed a 6 year 71.7 million deal.
Johnson signed a 5 year 70 million deal.

Odom is on a much better contract and has shown throughout the league that he has interest and value.

Johnson? I'm not so sure teams will take on a contract that will pay him 18-19 million towards the end of it.

As for skills - Odom is a far better passer, post player and rebounder. Johnson is a better shooter and quicker at getting the ball inside off the dribble. You can find a number of players on cheaper deals that can give you what Johnson does. You won't find too many double-double forwards who can pass like Odom.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: