OFFICIAL Lakers 2016 NBA Draft Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 458, 459, 460 ... 1138, 1139, 1140  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Karmaloop
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 4:24 pm    Post subject:

ainsley wrote:
He's more of a natural player than Wiggins IMO.

Wiggins strikes me as a great athlete who just learned the game.

Agreed. Wiggins was always underwhelming at Kansas, really don't think Self does a great job of developing players from the college ranks. I mean, when was the last time a Kansas player had significant amount of success coming out of there? I think you'd have to go back to Paul Pierce. In terms of play, Simmons dominated the college ranks, Wiggins didn't.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 4:25 pm    Post subject:

Karmaloop wrote:
Dave20 wrote:
If Simmons had a jumpshot he would be the best prospect since Lebron imo. He doesn't have one and still one of the top 5 - 10 prospects to enter the draft since Lebron.

Is it a lack of a jumpshot, or a reluctance to use it? To me, I've watched a little bit of Simmons jump shot and it's not ugly by any means. To me, you're seeing a guy who knows there aren't very many big guys in college who are capable of defending him off the dribble, and those that can move laterally generally tend to not be able to bully him off the block. If that's the case, that's high basketball IQ. He doesn't have poor mechanics IMO.

Super wishful thinking bro. It's a complete lack. He airballs a lot. Shoots on the way down
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 4:48 pm    Post subject:

lkjhf wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Dave20 wrote:
If Simmons had a jumpshot he would be the best prospect since Lebron imo. He doesn't have one and still one of the top 5 - 10 prospects to enter the draft since Lebron.

He reminds me a lot of Wiggins.

How

Good athlete, questions regarding aggressiveness.
bonkers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 4:52 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Jonathan Givony
‏@DraftExpress
Isaiah Briscoe worked out for the Spurs today according to his father. Will work out for the Clippers this week, Lakers right after Combine.

Quote:

AZStarSportsVerified account ‏@AZStarSports 2h2 hours ago
Arizona basketball: Ryan Anderson to work out for Jazz, Lakers
LakerLuke
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 5:20 pm    Post subject:

If Simmons is our pick, no way I trade him for Paul George. Simmons has a chance to be a once in a generation player. Paul George, while an excellent player, is nowhere near that. The lack of patience by some is amazing.

And the only reason I can see Jimmy doing this is because he stupidly imposed a deadline on himself and went public with it.
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 5:23 pm    Post subject:

LakerLuke wrote:
If Simmons is our pick, no way I trade him for Paul George. Simmons has a chance to be a once in a generation player. Paul George, while an excellent player, is nowhere near that. The lack of patience by some is amazing.

And the only reason I can see Jimmy doing this is because he stupidly imposed a deadline on himself and went public with it.

Paul George is a top 10 possibly top 5 player in the NBA. Simmons could get there but if you can trade them straight up, you take George IMMEDIATELY
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 5:24 pm    Post subject:

The reason I could see the Lakers doing that is because it would be the right move to make. No vet is going to come here because we have an underachiever like Simmons. If we have Paul George and cap space, players will be interested.
LakerLuke
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 5:34 pm    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:
LakerLuke wrote:

Paul George is a top 10 possibly top 5 player in the NBA. Simmons could get there but if you can trade them straight up, you take George IMMEDIATELY

No you don't. You keep the younger player with the higher ceiling. Especially when the rest of your core is 23 and under. Fans so badly want the losing to end RIGHT NOW that they're willing to take a bad deal. It's ridiculous. This isn't a case where we have Kobe in his prime and need to win before the window is closed. As it stands, we have all the time as our current core has and we can afford to let our players grow.
LakerLuke
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 5:36 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
The reason I could see the Lakers doing that is because it would be the right move to make. No vet is going to come here because we have an underachiever like Simmons. If we have Paul George and cap space, players will be interested.

No vet alone is going to put us over the top, even with Paul George. Furthermore, it makes no sense to add a vet whose best years won't coincide with our current core. On top of all that, you give up a young stud like Simmons. Terrible deal.
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 5:40 pm    Post subject:

LakerLuke wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
LakerLuke wrote:

No you don't. You keep the younger player with the higher ceiling. Especially when the rest of your core is 23 and under. Fans so badly want the losing to end RIGHT NOW that they're willing to take a bad deal. It's ridiculous. This isn't a case where we have Kobe in his prime and need to win before the window is closed. As it stands, we have all the time as our current core has and we can afford to let our players grow.

Getting Paul George for an unproven rookie is a bad deal for the Pacers not us. FYI, I'm one of the biggest Simmon supporters on here. You're fighting a losing battle right now.
LakerLuke
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 5:42 pm    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:
LakerLuke wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
LakerLuke wrote:

Getting Paul George for an unproven rookie is a bad deal for the Pacers not us. FYI, I'm one of the biggest Simmon supporters on here. You're fighting a losing battle right now.

Simmons is no ordinary rookie/prospect, and you're being disingenuous by saying "unproven rookie". The only loser will be the Lakers for making this deal.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 5:43 pm    Post subject:

LakerLuke wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
LakerLuke wrote:

Simmons doesn't have a higher ceiling than Paul George.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 5:44 pm    Post subject:

LakerLuke wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

No vet alone is going to put us over the top, even with Paul George. Furthermore, it makes no sense to add a vet whose best years won't coincide with our current core. On top of all that, you give up a young stud like Simmons. Terrible deal.

That is why you make the trade, you get George and he attracts other vets. But if you want to suck forever you can go with that.
LakerLuke
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 5:44 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
LakerLuke wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
LakerLuke wrote:

You're either overrating George or underrating Simmons.
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 5:45 pm    Post subject:

Simmons screams possible generational talent to me if the coaching and player development personnel are there. I think Luke (as opposed to Byron) can get him there sooner rather than later.

That being said, I'll defer to Ryan West's (and his father's) judgement on this. I don't need to remind everyone that Russell got the Jerry West seal of approval.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 5:49 pm    Post subject:

LakerLuke wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
LakerLuke wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
LakerLuke wrote:

Or vice versa.
LakerLuke
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 5:49 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
LakerLuke wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

That is why you make the trade, you get George and he attracts other vets. But if you want to suck forever you can go with that.

"Suck forever". Hyperbole much? You really think a core of Simmons/Randle/Russell/Clarkson + who knows is going to "suck forever"? You can't wait 1-2 more years for a better player to fulfill his potential? Thank you instant gratification generation.
KobeRe-Loaded
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 5:50 pm    Post subject:

Mindripper2000 wrote:
Simmons screams possible generational talent to me if the coaching and player development personnel are there. I think Luke (as opposed to Byron) can get him there sooner rather than later.

That being said, I'll defer to Ryan West's (and his father's) judgement on this. I don't need to remind everyone that Russell got the Jerry West seal of approval.

Ryan West lol. Talk about overrating, you guys now overrate front office personnel.
#11/08/16 America became GREAT again
#Avatar-gate
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 5:54 pm    Post subject:

KobeRe-Loaded wrote:
Mindripper2000 wrote:

Ryan West lol. Talk about overrating, you guys now overrate front office personnel.

I think their drafting has been anything but overrated.
anpherknee
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 6:07 pm    Post subject:

http://i.imgur.com/PcorTYF.gif
Raijin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 6:10 pm    Post subject:

Mindripper2000 wrote:
KobeRe-Loaded wrote:
Mindripper2000 wrote:

I think their drafting has been anything but overrated.

That's yet to be determined. Now that the Lakers have a decent coach, we'll see how good Russell and the rest of the cast are.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 6:18 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
LakerLuke wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

I'm all for getting PG13, especially if he can draw in other vets.

It also depends on what is left of the remaining roster. Otherwise, it puts the Lakers at a clear advantage if they have multiple rookie scale contracts that are putting production on the floor.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
lakers0505
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 6:32 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
LakerLuke wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
LakerLuke wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
LakerLuke wrote:

Or vice versa.

Paul George is only 26. If Russ developed, then that would be your transition from one star to the other that way.

It will depend on what they see in workouts obviously, if they see generational star, they won't trade him.
Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 6:34 pm    Post subject:

LakerLuke wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
LakerLuke wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
LakerLuke wrote:

or you're over rating Simmons. He's not generational
LakerLuke
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 6:38 pm    Post subject:

Vancouver Fan wrote:
LakerLuke wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
LakerLuke wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
LakerLuke wrote:

or you're over rating Simmons. He's not generational

You'll have to define to me what you think as generational then. Because 6'10 athletic freaks that can handle like a point guard and play all 5 positions, and hold his own at 18 years old in private workouts against guys like Anthony Davis and James Harden, don't come along every day.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 458, 459, 460 ... 1138, 1139, 1140  Next
Page 459 of 1140
Jump to: