2007 Shaq vs 2007 Kwame
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
they-perch
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 4:15 pm    Post subject:

since you are so obsessed with stats. look at shaq's performance against the pistons.

shaq vs. pistons

and then shaq against the lakers

shaq vs. lakers

shaq still had good numbers against us. but not at all as dominant as he was against other teams.

look at his splits by opponent. the lakers and nets were the only two teams taht shaq faced at least twice, and was held to or below 50% shooting. that means something.

shaq's stats against opponents.

this was shaq's performance agains the lakers in 04-05, when they didnt have kwame.

shaq against lakers in 04

outside of the playoffs, the games that shaq plays the hardest in are against the lakers. kwame slowed him down quite a bit this year. accept it.
lakerfansd
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 4:32 pm    Post subject:

This thread is actually about shaq vs kwame as players, so there's no comparison. I just thought it was funny that someone said shaq was falling for pump fakes, etc against kwame, but kwame only scored two pts - so he didn't score or get fouled. Just thought his statement was an overexaggeration over maybe one play.

I do hope that Kwame embarrasses lard butt on the court. He definitely is quicker and has the potential to avg double-double. Let's see if he can live up it.
they-perch
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 5:01 pm    Post subject:

lakerfansd wrote:
This thread is actually about shaq vs kwame as players, so there's no comparison. I just thought it was funny that someone said shaq was falling for pump fakes, etc against kwame, but kwame only scored two pts - so he didn't score or get fouled. Just thought his statement was an overexaggeration over maybe one play.

I do hope that Kwame embarrasses lard butt on the court. He definitely is quicker and has the potential to avg double-double. Let's see if he can live up it.

stat wise, anything wise, shaq is still the better player no doubt. i was looking at it more situationally, when the lakers and heat play. when the pistons played the bulls it was always, shaq vs. big ben, when the lakers play the heat its kobe vs. raja bell. even if kobe has a good scoring night, but shoots a terible percentage, people say raja got the best of him. when you have a defensive player like kwame, you dont judge his performance against another player based on absolute gains, but in relative gains. not how well does a player do against him, but how well does a player do against him in comparison with the averages they post elsewhere.

season wise, shaq will do better, but i still think head to head kwame will get the better of him, not as far as stats, but in holding shaq to lower numbers than usual.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: