Been getting redirected off of this website by means of an ad compaign
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wino
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 9:34 pm    Post subject:

Ziggy wrote:
ALbino wrote:
You could always turn JavaScript off if it bothers you that much. In theory you should only receive 1 interstitial ad per day -- and even then only after you've browsed several pages already.

AL.

Ah, that must be it. I have the noscript extension, and I do get that little bar at the bottom of the screen that tells me it blocked a script. It just blocked adbrite.com and burstnet.com. I'm on this site all the time and I haven't seen this ad once yet. Try giving NoScript a shot.

how do you set up the noscript extension?
JIFISH
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 9:41 pm    Post subject:

So far, I haven't had it happen to me, and I'm using IE 6.029 with SP2, zonealarm pro, spysweeper and NAV, fwiw.
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 9:59 pm    Post subject:

Here is a link to download it: NoScript

It's the 2nd most downloaded extension. It might be annoying in the beginning because it'll block a lot of sites, but after a while it becomes smoother and you forget it's even there. You can allow a site permanent permission or temporary permission to run scripts. The sites you trust and visit often, just give them permanent permission. That way it won't block scripts everytime you visit it. Like right now it allows lakersground.net but it's blocking scripts from burstnet.com and adbrite.com (I guess those are the ones running the interstitial ads?).

It's crazy because after getting this extension you realize how many sites run scripts on your computer. I trust LG, so even if I didn't have it I would feel safe visiting this site, but there are some sites where the list of blocked scripts is LONG.

Just warning you it's not for everyone. Some people find it annoying because they have to make a couple extra mouse clicks everytime they visit a site for the 1st time to give it permission. For me it's worth it. I only visit a few sites daily, so it doesn't get in the way often. But anyway, the good thing about Firefox is it's so easy to remove extensions if you don't like it. So it's worth a look. Hope this helps.
8KOBE24
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 10:17 pm    Post subject:

happened to me once too...
Bergamotichek
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 4:31 pm    Post subject:

I've got NoScript installed and haven't ever seen this ad or redirect.

Like Ziggy said... it gets kind of annoying setting up pages for permissions, but I don't get anything I don't want... that's for sure. And once its done... its done.
JasonLG
Retired

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 10:59 pm    Post subject:

I share everyone's distain for the transition ads. I didn't know it would pop-up, and I took off the ad that I think is causing the transitions. Please let me know if it's still occurring.

To me, the ad revenue for it is NOT worth those ads. Thank you everyone for voicing your opinions.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: