Draymond Green's nut shots on Steven Adams
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SuperboyReformed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 3:57 pm    Post subject:

999 wrote:
ocho wrote:
Draymond will not be suspended, per Woj.

I'm convinced there is no east coast bias. There is just a laker bias. If this was Kobe or artest that did this they would be suspended for the remainder of the series.

totally. whatever your definition of deliberate is, what green did was far more deliberate than when artest elbowed harden.
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 4:13 pm    Post subject:

The joke of a league continues.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 4:29 pm    Post subject:

SuperboyReformed wrote:
999 wrote:
ocho wrote:

I'm convinced there is no east coast bias. There is just a laker bias. If this was Kobe or artest that did this they would be suspended for the remainder of the series.

totally. whatever your definition of deliberate is, what green did was far more deliberate than when artest elbowed harden.

Both were deliberate both should be suspended. Only 1 was
LakersRGolden
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 4:34 pm    Post subject:

Adam Silver just declared the Warriors untouchable. The zebras are going to bend over backwards to get the Warriors another chip.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 5:21 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
I'm about as big a Draymond fan as you'll find and I'm rooting for the Warriors but that's gotta be a suspension.

Yup, me too. I'm a fan of Green and rooting for a Warriors/Cavs final but that was damn dirty. You can't tell me that wasn't just as bad or worse than what Dahntay Jones got suspended for.

I remember when Kobe got a 1 game suspension for flailing his arms.

If GSW was leading this series 3-0 he might have gotten suspended.

Such BS!
Fracture
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 5:57 pm    Post subject:

How the hell did Green dodge a suspension when they just suspended Jones tor the same thing? Now I hope the Thunder beat that ass next game
Raijin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 6:17 pm    Post subject:

Fracture wrote:
How the hell did Green dodge a suspension when they just suspended Jones tor the same thing? Now I hope the Thunder beat that ass next game

I'm with you. I want to see a 40pt win, but the league has clearly shown its cards. I think Donovan should come out and say "I've instructed my players to and wear cups. If the league won't protect our players then this is the only choice we have."
Laker Intervention
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 8:08 pm    Post subject:

Uh... He shouldn't be suspended.

My friend has clips of him doing it all season. Not aiming at people's nuts. Just a follow through he does. A lot of players do it.

https://twitter.com/TEN000HOURS/status/734828295926124545

https://twitter.com/TEN000HOURS/status/734827823345459201

https://twitter.com/TEN000HOURS/status/734825505971544064

L4L
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 8:25 pm    Post subject:

Don't think he did it on purpose. He was flailing and trying to flop. In any case, he got a flagrant 2 and fined $25k. Seems appropriate.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 6:45 am    Post subject:

Laker Intervention wrote:

My friend has clips of him doing it all season. Not aiming at people's nuts. Just a follow through he does. A lot of players do it.

So what? If a player establishes that he brings his elbows up on a rebound and swings them around when he turns does that make it a natural basketball act when he finally clips someone in the face?

How many times did Kobe flail his arms on a foul trying to get a whistle before he caught Marko Jaric in the face and was suspended? The suspension was the league's message to players that type of motion was not going to be tolerated just as Green's kicks should not be tolerated just because he's done it before.
joeblow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 6:49 am    Post subject:

One thing I agree with the league about is that comparing DGreen's kick to DJones punch is wrong.

With the punch, he balled up his fist and struck Adams. That is 100% intent to do harm, no question. Unless you can show that DGreen curled up his toes before the kick, you cannot prove intent.

With that said, I still think he should have sat a game because it is likely he meant to kick him hard based on the replay. Not as clear as the DJones punch, but still far more likely than not.
USCandLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 9:53 am    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:

So what? If a player establishes that he brings his elbows up on a rebound and swings them around when he turns does that make it a natural basketball act when he finally clips someone in the face?

How many times did Kobe flail his arms on a foul trying to get a whistle before he caught Marko Jaric in the face and was suspended? The suspension was the league's message to players that type of motion was not going to be tolerated just as Green's kicks should not be tolerated just because he's done it before.

It's Adams' fault, not Green's.

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 11:30 am    Post subject:

As long as flailing and flopping are acceptable things like the "flailing" kick to the groin will happen. Selling fouls is the bane of the league. It has to stop.

The league can seriously cut back on flopping and flailing by giving officials the go ahead to first warn then give technicals for flopping and flailing.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Laker Intervention
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 2:42 pm    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:

So what? That means it wasn't intentional. It's a habit. You don't suspend someone for an unintentional act like flailing his legs. A lot of players do it. The proof was in that video montage he made. If you're going to suspend him, then suspend everyone for doing it. Now that's a totally different conversation and perhaps there has to be a rule on flailing and warnings given. But without current consistent discipline and universal understanding on rules of flailing you can't just suspend someone for accidental contact that he does all the time (even when people aren't even near him). That suspension would just be unfair.

What's important is that the league learns from this. But before this incident I'm sure most of the league officials were unaware of how common this incident is. Adams nuts just happen to be next to his leg. Next year they can set up rules and warnings.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 10:43 pm    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:

Artest (weak) elbow to Harden's head. Flailed, made contact, suspended.
cathy78
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 11:37 pm    Post subject:

He seems to kick around a lot - but that doesn't justify it. He should have gotten suspended and learn to play in a way that is safe for all other players.

I found it very interesting that the commentators for the cavs/toronto game as well as the next okc/warriors game all agreed that it should have been a suspension. I wonder if they also get fined for publicly criticizing the league...
CabinCreek44
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 9:16 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
As long as flailing and flopping are acceptable things like the "flailing" kick to the groin will happen. Selling fouls is the bane of the league. It has to stop.

The league can seriously cut back on flopping and flailing by giving officials the go ahead to first warn then give technicals for flopping and flailing.

Or, the zebras can just ignore all the BS like they used to do back in the day, and stop rewarding it.

The floppers and defenders racing over from the weakside trying to plant their feet as they slide in front of an offensive player who has already beaten his primary defender...constantly rewarding that single act has severely damaged the sport.

Scores of beautiful Magic Johnson drives in the paint/coast to coast forays would have been wiped out back in the day if the zebras had been rewarding that kind of bogus "defense".

Stop rewarding BS. The zebras should just look at the floppers and last second feet-setters and say "get up off your wallet and play the damn game".
CabinCreek44
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 9:22 am    Post subject:

Oh, and Draymond Green's nut kicks are intentional as the day is long and ripped straight out of the Karl Malone/Bruce Bowen Dirty Playbook.

That the league doesn't have the backbone to clean it up is just another example of the decline of the game. If a fight breaks out on the floor, and a bench player steps one foot onto the floor, even if he doesn't get involved in the fracas, he gets a game!

Kick an opponent in the nuts...no problem! Makes perfect sense.
Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 9:31 am    Post subject:

He should've been suspended but I hope he kicks Lebron in the nuts.
No. 17
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 12:23 pm    Post subject:

And this is what Steven A Smith had to say about it.

numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 1:43 pm    Post subject:

I was so happy his plan to draw a flagrant on Adams in Game 7 by trapping his arm and pulling him down backfired. I wish they called double technicals on that play so Green would be one away from a suspension.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 2:41 pm    Post subject:

SuperboyReformed wrote:
999 wrote:
ocho wrote:

Deliberate is deliberate, there are not degrees of it. Both acts were deliberate.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 2:43 pm    Post subject:

Fracture wrote:

Jones' act was more in line with Green's. Both were deliberate and not actions that are used in playing the game. I think Green's was as well, but he does have some wiggle room. He will likely do something dumb against Cleveland and get suspended.
USCandLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 3:31 pm    Post subject:

Vancouver Fan wrote:
He should've been suspended but I hope he kicks Lebron in the nuts.

Suspended the entire series and 10 regular season games if he does that.

Even he knows not to "flail" around LeBron.
CabinCreek44
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 4:04 am    Post subject:

Kicks Kyrie Irving in the chest last night after getting "tangled up" with him.

If Adam Silver continues not to take action, he is a joke.

btw I have no dog in this hunt. I like GS, they are a fun team to watch. But Draymond Green is a cheap-shot artist, plain and simple. And as long as the league does nothing about it, he will continue to cheap-shot opponents with abandon.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: