Clippers looking to build new arena
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 9:05 am    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:
Treble Clef wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
Negotiating ploy?

Gotta be. There's no way they're leaving.

They built a new practice facility in Playa Vista just 8 years ago so there's another +$50 million that someone's gonna pay for if they move.

If they started a kick starter I'd be there DAY 1 to contribute to the cause
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
VANEXELtoJONES
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 4:54 pm    Post subject:

NBALakerLegends wrote:
Get them out of LA, period.
The Nightbringer
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 5:07 pm    Post subject:

Fastbreak32 wrote:
Gimme_the_rock wrote:
Bakersfield loves the Clips!!!

Wow, I was just about to suggest Bakersfield! BC, yo

http://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0165/4800/products/IMG_1618_1024x1024.JPG?v=1462824115

Bakersfield bleeds purple and gold. Keep those Flippers out!
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 10:22 pm    Post subject:

LakersRGolden wrote:
Build one in the old Tustin Marine base. Share parking with a new amphitheater since Vzw is going away.

They can build it next to the new Angels Stadium. That way we'll have 2 teams nobody cares about tucked away in the OC....
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 10:25 pm    Post subject:

silkwilkes wrote:
You know... if they do find a site in West LA, it's a big competitive advantage. A lot of parents and people in general will avoid tackling traffic and just go to games that are closer. Heck, if I wasn't brought up as a Laker fan, I know I would.

But its still the Clippers, its a turd no matter where they relocate to...
Goldenwest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 10:30 pm    Post subject:

Makes sense to leave Staples. They're a playoff team, built a following, sort of, but still have to deal with seeing the Laker Great statues, covering the Laker banners, etc..

Now's the perfect time to move, if they wait it will only get worse for them and they'll seem like they're running from the pressure as the Lakers start climbing back into contention.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 8:55 am    Post subject:

cathy78 wrote:
Looking at this list https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_relocated_National_Basketball_Association_teams, two cities stand out for me that should get a team in the near future: Seattle and Vancouver.

If you don't take the market of a team into account, there are two very obvious teams that need to move: the Clippers and the Nets. Two teams in one city is just not right. In the short run it might be a loss in market. But I think long term this could change, especially for the league and not just the teams owner.

Looking at this you could argue that some teams could benefit from a relocation: http://espn.go.com/nba/attendance Especially if you take city size into account, which makes it look really bad for the 76ers ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_United_States_cities_by_population ) But obviously you shouldn't just ignore history like that OKC guy did.

I do not like the Clippers and I would welcome if they move. But I do like the enthusiasm Steve Ballmer brings. That's what I expect from a pro sports team owner and I think the league should look at that at times as well. Even if Mark Cuban does stupid things - he as an owner brings a lot of excitement and fun to the games. That's what it is about, entertainment.

It is more about finances, that is why the two moves you propose would never happen, the teams would lose money.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 10:28 am    Post subject:

VANEXELtoJONES wrote:
NBALakerLegends wrote:
Get them out of LA, period.

WE NEED TO BUILD A WALL AROUND LOS ANGELES TO KEEP THE CLIPPERS OUT AND WE WILL MAKE THE NBA PAY FOR THAT WALL
kobeandgary
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 7:31 pm    Post subject:

Send them to Virginia, we need at least one professional sports team here.
saetarubia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2016 8:43 pm    Post subject:

They've become the definitively better team, but still struggle to carry more interest in the city than the fallen Lakers. While the Lakers have created their own television network for broadcasting, the Clippers are kicking around the idea of streaming their games online

The Clippers have been a tenant of the Staples Center since it opened in 1999. Sharing a building with the Lakers was no doubt a cost-cutting measure by the notoriously cheap Sterling, which is not a characteristic Ballmer shares in any way. Sharing a building with the Lakers may not make sense anymore, especially when the Clippers want to have their own hold on the city, no matter how futile that idea may continue to be.

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/report-clippers-trying-to-distance-from-lakers-looking-for-new-home/
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5
Jump to: