THE Political Thread (ALL Political Discussion Here - See Rules, P. 1)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 153, 154, 155 ... 3684, 3685, 3686  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 4:40 pm    Post subject:

The Thief wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
The Thief wrote:
Tony Anapolis wrote:

How can any breathing sentient being keep respect for a man who came to work and told the females there to "Dress like a woman"

Is this even verified? All I see is one source for this. Let's not lose our minds over what could be clickbait for a new news outlet. Even if there was a dress code is it really that big of a deal? I know it's a shock to some people but a lot of businesses have one.

Hardly shocking that you are incapable of seeing the vast difference between a codified Dress Code and a sexist edict such as "Dress like a woman".

Hardly shocking that you believe every unverified story since it fits your anti Trump agenda. If you want to be taken seriously then you can't cry wolf on every suspect news piece. Let's verify before we become outraged. But if you want to get yourself all worked up over possibly false or misconstrued news stories then go right ahead.

He built his presidential campaign on the back of birtherism. An unverified story that fit a (racist) agenda.
He read National Inquirer headlines on the stump throughout his campaign. Guess we're just following our President's lead. Except with more respected news sources than tabloid magazines.

The story is very believable. He's idolized Hugh Hefner most of his life, and he sexually assaulted at least 12 women. The comment in question aligns with numerous quotes he's made on the Howard Stern show through the years.

Last edited by kikanga on Sat Feb 04, 2017 4:43 pm; edited 3 times in total
ani007
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 4:41 pm    Post subject:

The Thief wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
The Thief wrote:
Tony Anapolis wrote:

How can any breathing sentient being keep respect for a man who came to work and told the females there to "Dress like a woman"

Is this even verified? All I see is one source for this. Let's not lose our minds over what could be clickbait for a new news outlet. Even if there was a dress code is it really that big of a deal? I know it's a shock to some people but a lot of businesses have one.

Hardly shocking that you are incapable of seeing the vast difference between a codified Dress Code and a sexist edict such as "Dress like a woman".

Hardly shocking that you believe every unverified story since it fits your anti Trump agenda. If you want to be taken seriously then you can't cry wolf on every suspect news piece. Let's verify before we become outraged. But if you want to get yourself all worked up over possibly false or misconstrued news stories then go right ahead.

the validity of the story doesn't change the fact that superficial appearances are incredibly important to trump and when he says no one cares and respects women more than him, even R's laugh. it's like this is not a muslim ban being harder to convey, since he vowed and promised to deliver exactly that, moreover targeting and killing the families of the terrorist.

that 8 year old child of al-Awlaki was so cute, and so many other women and children dead. what was up with the pentagon posting a bogus video to show the raid?
ani007
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 4:45 pm    Post subject:

http://www.businessinsider.com/pentagon-aq-video-seal-team-6-raid-2017-2

Quote:
His daughter's death will likely be used in militant propaganda efforts, especially since she is the second of al-Awlaki's children killed by the United States.

"The perception will be that it's not enough to kill al-Awlaki — that the US had to kill the entire family," Karen Greenberg, director of Fordham University's Center on National Security, told NBC. According to the Middle East Monitor, the US was already being accused on social media of "assassinating children."
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 4:51 pm    Post subject:

The Thief wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
The Thief wrote:
Tony Anapolis wrote:

I didn't say whether I believed it or not. I don't know either way, and it may be false. Though given Trumps obvious propensity to superficiality and sexism, it would hardly be surprising if true - but I would think it would be more likely to be true if it were "dress like a sexy lady" given his personality and history.

But whether it is true or not is irrelevant to point I was making, which is the fact that there is a HUGE difference between a codified dress code and an edict which singles women out with no specific directive other than to look like a woman and the fact that you don't see that difference while trying to excuse the alleged behavior. THAT'S the point.

And I know this much, if I were on the Right, I wouldn't be even remotely be trying to chastise others for believing false reporting and information. Absorbing and regurgitating disinformation is the GOP standard of operation.

But thanks for playing.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 4:52 pm    Post subject:

The link is from deadline. But the video and quote is courtesy of Fox News.
I guess I shouldn't post Fox News since they are #fakenews. But I'm a rebel.
http://deadline.com/2017/02/donald-trump-bill-oreilly-putin-super-bowl-1201902665/
Quote:
In a remarkable preview of Bill O’Reilly’s pre-Super Bowl interview with Donald Trump, the president swats away the Fox News host’s description of Vladimir Putin as a “killer.” Says Trump: “There are a lot of killers. We’ve got a lot of killers. What do you think? Our country’s so innocent?”
In the clip tweeted by Fox News, O’Reilly asks Trump whether he respects the Russian president. “I do respect him, but I respect a lot of people,” Trump says. “That doesn’t mean I’m going to get along with him.”

https://twitter.com/FoxNews/status/828019230100426752
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 4:54 pm    Post subject:

ani007 wrote:
The Thief wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
The Thief wrote:
Tony Anapolis wrote:

the validity of the story doesn't change the fact that superficial appearances are incredibly important to trump and when he says no one cares and respects women more than him, even R's laugh. it's like this is not a muslim ban being harder to convey, since he vowed and promised to deliver exactly that, moreover targeting and killing the families of the terrorist.

that 8 year old child of al-Awlaki was so cute, and so many other women and children dead. what was up with the pentagon posting a bogus video to show the raid?

Exactly!
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 4:59 pm    Post subject:

It's stuff like this that will keep us sane. LINK
The Thief
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 5:05 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
ani007 wrote:
The Thief wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
The Thief wrote:
Tony Anapolis wrote:

Exactly!

Superficial appearances are important to most people including employers. That's just a fact of life. Next time you have a job interview just plop out of bed and walk straight to the interview. Let me know how that goes.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 5:10 pm    Post subject:

The Thief wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
ani007 wrote:
The Thief wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
The Thief wrote:
Tony Anapolis wrote:

Exactly!

Superficial appearances are important to most people including employers. That's just a fact of life. Next time you have a job interview just plop out of bed and walk straight to the interview. Let me know how that goes.

DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 5:11 pm    Post subject:

The Thief wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
ani007 wrote:
The Thief wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
The Thief wrote:
Tony Anapolis wrote:

Exactly!

Professional appearance is not being disputed here at all - in fact I acknowledged it my original post. But thanks for your willful insistence in ignoring the original point and trying to shift the bar. I totally get why you would feel the need to do so rather than actually discuss the it.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 5:14 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
The Thief wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
ani007 wrote:
The Thief wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
The Thief wrote:
Tony Anapolis wrote:

Exactly!

https://img.wonkette.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/steve-bannon.jpg

The "Dress Code" was only aimed at the women. Thanks god he didn't follow it.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

The Thief
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 5:46 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
The alleged "Dress Code" was only allegedly aimed at the women. Thanks god he didn't follow it.

FIFY
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 6:17 pm    Post subject:

The Thief wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
The alleged "Dress Code" was only allegedly aimed at the women. Thanks god he didn't follow it.

FIFY

The second "alleged" is not needed. The edict was either real or not. If the report is true, then it was not "allegedly" only aimed at women - it was explicitly directed at women.

And the quotes around Dress Code were ironic.

By the way, it should be noted, there's been no angrily (and grammatically incorrect) Tweet from The Dumpster denying the Gender Specific "Dress Code" (Thief's words). Given the fact that he has angrily reacted to every single insignificant incident he feels is inaccurate with Twitter outrage, it's pretty safe to say it's likely true. It's not like he's denying, but if someone has a link to a not AltFact denial, I'm open to reading it.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 8:22 pm    Post subject:

The Thief wrote:
lakerjoshua wrote:
Iran's answer to being put on notice....

Test more missiles....

This is going to end badly.

Sad for the Iranian people that their leadership can't play nice. They certainly don't need more sanctions.

Not to mention ballistic missiles with a conventional warhead probably has more applicable use than one with a nuclear warhead. Once you decide to launch a nuke all hell will break loose.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 8:39 pm    Post subject:

I don't think Donald knows how foolish he's looking to world leaders. He looks more a moron than Kim Jong-un. Putin must be one happy camper.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
paymonM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 9:10 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
Tony Anapolis wrote:
Lol, not to funny but I just watched a video about Bodega owners being really ticked off about the immigration ban.

First and foremost I feel for families being separated, that said, that should be a known danger anytime crossing international borders, even before the ban.

Back to the Bodega owners though who just happen to be mostly of Arabic and Indian descent. It seems to me by watching that these people are worried their country of origin could be next? Look it isn't fair that you can bring your family over here seven years at a time changing the owner of your business so you never have to pay taxes. I hope something can be done about this?

Why should those who hold valid visas and green cards fear freely moving about in a way that is within their rights?

in fact, those that hold a green card are obligated to pay taxes. Maybe they should ban them from paying taxes
The Thief
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 10:38 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
The Thief wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:

FIFY

The second "alleged" is not needed. The edict was either real or not. If the report is true, then it was not "allegedly" only aimed at women - it was explicitly directed at women.

And the quotes around Dress Code were ironic.

By the way, it should be noted, there's been no angrily (and grammatically incorrect) Tweet from The Dumpster denying the Gender Specific "Dress Code" (Thief's words). Given the fact that he has angrily reacted to every single insignificant incident he feels is inaccurate with Twitter outrage, it's pretty safe to say it's likely true. It's not like he's denying, but if someone has a link to a not AltFact denial, I'm open to reading it.

Let's for arguments sake say it's true. Would it have made you feel better if he just said women have to wear dresses? Is it the content of the message or the delivery? Now I would have to agree that if he had requirements for the way women dress but didn't hold the men to the same standard that would be unfair. Let's assume Bannon is the outlier as he obviously doesn't meet the standard everyone else might have to follow.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 11:58 pm    Post subject:

I wonder how Trump voters rationalize Trump's admiration for Putin. Trump won't say 1 bad thing about him. He threw our country under the bus, just to defend an accusation about Putin being a killer.
If you're a Trump voter who doesn't believe in the dossier what's the explanation? Maybe they believe he wants to build commerce between US and Russia (by playing friendly with Putin)? And that will lead to more jobs in the states somehow? I'm just guessing. It's hard to understand.
Buck32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 8:18 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
I wonder how Trump voters rationalize Trump's admiration for Putin. Trump won't say 1 bad thing about him. He threw our country under the bus, just to defend an accusation about Putin being a killer.
If you're a Trump voter who doesn't believe in the dossier what's the explanation? Maybe they believe he wants to build commerce between US and Russia (by playing friendly with Putin)? And that will lead to more jobs in the states somehow? I'm just guessing. It's hard to understand.

He lost all the debates, said disgusting things on twitter and on tape (including about his daugter), was endorsed by the KKK, reacts to every perceived insult via twitter, did not and will never release his income tax returns ... and they still voted for him. There's nothing he does that will change his voters minds.
I think even if a video comes out of him abusing his wife or beating a black man his approval rating among supporters will only skyrocket even more.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 8:31 am    Post subject:

Great story from NYC (with pictures for corroboration): This is what happened when NYC subway riders found swastika graffiti on their train...
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 8:35 am    Post subject:

Buck32 wrote:
kikanga wrote:

He lost all the debates, said disgusting things on twitter and on tape (including about his daugter), was endorsed by the KKK, reacts to every perceived insult via twitter, did not and will never release his income tax returns ... and they still voted for him. There's nothing he does that will change his voters minds.
I think even if a video comes out of him abusing his wife or beating a black man his approval rating among supporters will only skyrocket even more.

Sadly true. However, I think we need to stop worrying about the 35% who are a lost cause. We need to keep focusing on everyone else by speaking the truth, staying engaged, and help motivate others to stay engaged so that we all VOTE in HUGE numbers in the upcoming mid-term elections.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 8:59 am    Post subject:

The Thief wrote:

Let's for arguments sake say it's true. Would it have made you feel better if he just said women have to wear dresses?

You assume that the alleged order makes me feel bad. It doesn't. If it's true, it's just another instance

Quote:
Is it the content of the message or the delivery?

The delivery is the content. It addressed solely women, and it did so in a way that indicates a disregard for them. "Dress like a woman" is entirely different than "Both male and female staffers should dress appropriately and professionally".

Quote:
Now I would have to agree that if he had requirements for the way women dress but didn't hold the men to the same standard that would be unfair. Let's assume Bannon is the outlier as he obviously doesn't meet the standard everyone else might have to follow.

The report isn't that the order was "Men should dress like men and women should dress like women". And even if it were, it would be equally as stupid and ignorant as the alleged comment - as the Twitter responses of various women "dressing as women" for their jobs indicates.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

ChefLinda

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 9:05 am    Post subject:

I just had a conversation with a young woman Cashier at Whole Foods. She was beautiful, smart and articulate. We have a lot of college students in the Cambridge/Somerville area with part-time jobs at WF & Starbucks, so I figured she's probably a student. She noticed my Pink Kitty Hat and we exchanged stories about attending the Women's marches in Boston and DC. She said she wanted to tell me a couple of stories.

She was originally from Mexico and was concerned that Trump is really going to build that wall. But that wasn't what she was really afraid of. She told me of student demonstrators back in the 60's prior to the Mexico Olympic games -- who were allegedly mass murdered by the government and it was covered up. She told me of female demonstrators from the 2000's who were rounded up and jailed. Their "sentence" was to be sexually assaulted by their jailers. She said these stories were passed down to her by her grandfather. She doesn't want this country to turn into the country her family left.

I told her that although this was my first protest march, it wouldn't be my last. I told her that I would fight every single day to make sure this country doesn't turn into a third-world dictatorship. I told her there were tens of millions like me who object to literally everything this administration stands for. They can't arrest all 65,000,000 of us or make us disappear. #ProtestPeacefully #StayStrong

Mexico 1968 massacre

Mexico: Women Raped by Mexican Police Bring Case to Int'l Court
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 9:08 am    Post subject:

Buck32 wrote:

Yep, the "(bleep) had it coming" and "that (bleep) should have known his place" crowds would have a field day celebrating that the "President" was "Making America 'Great' Again".

It's the potential for that kind of activity that they responded to when they started to support him. He didn't create that lack of morality. It lurked, he merely spoke to it, stimulated it and enabled it so he could utilize it to create momentum for himself. And now he is trying hard to normalize it and he is succeeding. Such event won't hurt him with his base. That's the pint that escapes many.

Too many people on the Left keeping hoping he's going to go one step too far and it is going to create a backlash from the Right. All one has to do is read the various comments from those on the Right to the things that the Left so strongly protests. The people on the Right LOVE it. He is feeding them, not disappointing them.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 9:15 am    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
Great story from NYC (with pictures for corroboration): This is what happened when NYC subway riders found swastika graffiti on their train...

Indeed a reassuring moment. It's instances such as those that give hope in the madness that is our country spinning out of control. There's a shared sense of urgency, disgust and community that is starting to galvanize people in a way that hasn't happened in this country in a long time.

It's encouraging. It means that perhaps those 70+ million who didn't vote will start to take part in the future of this country in a positive fashion. There are a lot of attitudes in this country at the moment, but I think the only one that is in decline is complacency.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 153, 154, 155 ... 3684, 3685, 3686  Next
Page 154 of 3686
Jump to: