Which Player Are You Most Excited to See in Tonight's (7pm PST) Preseason Game?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Which Player Are You Most Excited to See in Tonight's (7pm PST) Preseason Game?
Julius Randle
17%
 17%  [ 15 ]
Lonzo Ball
52%
 52%  [ 45 ]
KCP
2%
 2%  [ 2 ]
Brandon Ingram
16%
 16%  [ 14 ]
Kyle Kuzma
5%
 5%  [ 5 ]
OTHER
4%
 4%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 85

ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:33 am    Post subject:

Lucky_Shot wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
I actually don't have a single player I wanna see more than another. I wanna see how we do, with how magic and pelinka designed our team and the culture they set in place.

You dont have a favorite? Either you're a robot or I dont know what you are, how the heck do you not have a favorite?

He's just not that Outspoken.

How can one not want to see at least one of the young guys more than Deng tho.
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:48 am    Post subject:

I'm curious about every player on the roster, but if I have to name one, it's inevitably Lonzo Ball. Can he take the ability to change the game as he did in High School, at UCLA, and Summer League to the highest level, the NBA?

Tons of other questions though - every player on the roster comes with questions before the first preseason game of a new season.
cycl0nus
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:05 am    Post subject:

lonzo, kuz, bi and kcp!!!
Texas_Pete
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:06 am    Post subject:

Everybody wants to see Zo, but for me it's Jules. This is his contract year. I think Zo can turn him into a monster. If Jules shows promise, then shows chemistry with Zo and BI, it may change our 2018 summer plans somewhat. I think Zo and BI will be fine. The X-factor for me is Jules.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:24 am    Post subject:

Yeah, as much as I am excited to see Zo, and I am, I sort of feel like SPL gave us that glimpse already. I really haven't seen much of KCP so he's the one I will really be looking at out there to see how he fits in.

Also excited to see JR shoot some 3s and Kuz to see if he's the real deal.

I think part of it is that I am already pretty much sold on BI and Ball.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:25 am    Post subject:

Ingram.
Past few years have lowered my expectations on rookies.. although Zo could be the one *insert Matrix meme*

Especially in the first half of the season though - I don't expect tooo much. I do wana see him shoot decently and play the P/R well in the 2nd half of the year, for sure
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:36 am    Post subject:

Good poll. Now I know why you are the "Poll Gatekeeper" of the forum. 😂

For me it's Zo. If he is that transcendent type player who makes everyone better, then we will be in a great spot for years to come. Ingram is second on my list. If he's shows flashes of becoming a Kobe or Kawhi 2.0 we could run this league in about 4 years from now. Only time will tell if they'll be good players in this league or great.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:40 am    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
Lonzo all day.
Roon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:42 am    Post subject:

Gotta see Lonzo.

Edit: I am excited to see my boy Jules. He should be matching up with KAT tonight, good first test.

Last edited by Roon on Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:46 am; edited 1 time in total
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:45 am    Post subject:

Deng. Can't wait to see him live up to his contract.
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:57 am    Post subject:

I do believe Jules factors in to the FO decision making next year more than any other player. I've been down on JR a lot these past couple years, however... IF Jules becomes a consistent defender who makes the right reads on help defense, is in such good shape he stops taking a significant number of plays off, studies the playbook and plays unselfish in setting picks, ball distribution and smart shot selection, doesn't fade if he gets in early foul trouble, and feeds off Lonzo's skills like I know he can in transition, he COULD end up being the kind of player Pelinka and Magic need for a title contending team. He's got a ways to go, but it's not impossible, and decision time comes late this season.

I think whether to continue with the '2 Max' strategy or a much more achievable '1 Max' to add to our young core turns on Randle. Definitely worth watching, and I'd prefer it be Randle.
City_Dawg
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 10:01 am    Post subject:

Ingram.

!...
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 10:02 am    Post subject:

TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:
I do believe Jules factors in to the FO decision making next year more than any other player. I've been down on JR a lot these past couple years, however... IF Jules becomes a consistent defender who makes the right reads on help defense, is in such good shape he stops taking a significant number of plays off, studies the playbook and plays unselfish in setting picks, ball distribution and smart shot selection, doesn't fade if he gets in early foul trouble, and feeds off Lonzo's skills like I know he can in transition, he COULD end up being the kind of player Pelinka and Magic need for a title contending team. He's got a ways to go, but it's not impossible, and decision time comes late this season.

I think whether to continue with the '2 Max' strategy or a much more achievable '1 Max' to add to our young core turns on Randle. Definitely worth watching, and I'd prefer it be Randle.

There’s a way to keep him and pursue 2 max. It would cost 2 1sts to dump Deng. So if Jules is worth it then the Lakers probably don’t hesistste to add another future 1sr to keep Jules.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 10:42 am    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
Good poll. Now I know why you are the "Poll Gatekeeper" of the forum. 😂

For me it's Zo. If he is that transcendent type player who makes everyone better, then we will be in a great spot for years to come. Ingram is second on my list. If he's shows flashes of becoming a Kobe or Kawhi 2.0 we could run this league in about 4 years from now. Only time will tell if they'll be good players in this league or great.

Hahaha, that made me LOL. I actually do a fair bit of survey making in my line of work so it always bugs me when I see polls like...

Who are you most excited to see?
[ ] Lonzo Ball
[ ] No one because everyone else sucks

I'm super excited for Zo too, how can you not be, right? I think, actually I might most excited to watch him play, but I'll be watching KCP most closely.
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 10:45 am    Post subject:

Lucky_Shot wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
I actually don't have a single player I wanna see more than another. I wanna see how we do, with how magic and pelinka designed our team and the culture they set in place.

You dont have a favorite? Either you're a robot or I dont know what you are, how the heck do you not have a favorite?

I like them collectively.
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 10:52 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:
Outspoken wrote:

Deng is coming off the bench, he might provide a lift for us. I wanna see our cohesion.
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 11:00 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:

There’s a way to keep him and pursue 2 max. It would cost 2 1sts to dump Deng. So if Jules is worth it then the Lakers probably don’t hesistste to add another future 1sr to keep Jules.

And if the Lakers make that trade, then subsequently catapult towards contention, the cost of those 2 1sts would plummet, becoming mid-20's picks. I hated what happened after the Nash fiasco, but with a young core in place that's an intriguing thought.
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 11:03 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:

I think he'll start living up to his contract 3 years from today.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 11:36 am    Post subject:

Outspoken wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:
Outspoken wrote:

Deng is coming off the bench, he might provide a lift for us. I wanna see our cohesion.

I wouldn't expect much in the first game of preseason with a team that has practiced 0 percent half court offense. Would be nice though.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 11:39 am    Post subject:

Got my Lakers-heavy DK lineup set for tonight. Though, I MIGHT swap my SG out. Not too often you can do this and get away with it. Haha.

PG: Lonzo
SG: KCP
SF: Ingram
PF: Randle
C: KAT
G: Patrick McCaw
F: Nikola Jovic
Util: Jamaal Murray

I only included KCP because blocks and steals are 2 points each!
Roon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 11:43 am    Post subject:

TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:
epak wrote:

I think he'll start living up to his contract 3 years from today.

Looool. Contract is sunk money, he might help the team.
oldlakerfan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 12:08 pm    Post subject:

I have never been so excited about a preseason game before in my life and I am 61 years old.

Ball: I want to see just how good he is right now. Looking for some great passes and to see if the 3 pointer has improved since summer league.

BI: Got a taste of the future from 1 summer league game. He has been working hard since then and is probably significantly better and what I saw was great. Going up against Butler so should be a good test.

Randle: Unleash the beast. Looking to see his improvement in every area fo this game. Like to be able to start comparing him to LBJ instead of Draymond Green.

Nance: Another guy who I expect to improve in leaps and bounds. Like to see if offensive game looks more natural and less hesitant.

Zubac: Loved what I saw end of last year and hated what I saw in Summer League. Looking for explosion, balance and lateral defensive quickness for 8%. He should play a lot without Lopez/Bogut available

KCP: I don’t know his game that well so I am excited to see it and make my own judgements.

Bryant: Top 10 standing reach in NBA, runs well and will get some time tonight. Looking for how he improved since Summer League.

Kuzma: He looked so good in Summer League and the parts of his game that didn’t seem to quite be there seemed to just need minor improvements. Love this guy and looking to see if he is the real deal.

I am really excited to see all the guys I mention and excited to see how they play together on offense and defense. I expect things to be sloppy so I will be looking for the flashes of brilliance from each player. Looking for team pressure defense, rebounding and transition offense. I am also interested in how well they share the ball on offense but realize that may be tough with only a rudimentary half court set that has not been practiced yet.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 1:12 pm    Post subject:

oldlakerfan wrote:
I have never been so excited about a preseason game before in my life and I am 61 years old.

Ball: I want to see just how good he is right now. Looking for some great passes and to see if the 3 pointer has improved since summer league.

BI: Got a taste of the future from 1 summer league game. He has been working hard since then and is probably significantly better and what I saw was great. Going up against Butler so should be a good test.

Randle: Unleash the beast. Looking to see his improvement in every area fo this game. Like to be able to start comparing him to LBJ instead of Draymond Green.

Nance: Another guy who I expect to improve in leaps and bounds. Like to see if offensive game looks more natural and less hesitant.

Zubac: Loved what I saw end of last year and hated what I saw in Summer League. Looking for explosion, balance and lateral defensive quickness for 8%. He should play a lot without Lopez/Bogut available

KCP: I don’t know his game that well so I am excited to see it and make my own judgements.

Bryant: Top 10 standing reach in NBA, runs well and will get some time tonight. Looking for how he improved since Summer League.

Kuzma: He looked so good in Summer League and the parts of his game that didn’t seem to quite be there seemed to just need minor improvements. Love this guy and looking to see if he is the real deal.

I am really excited to see all the guys I mention and excited to see how they play together on offense and defense. I expect things to be sloppy so I will be looking for the flashes of brilliance from each player. Looking for team pressure defense, rebounding and transition offense. I am also interested in how well they share the ball on offense but realize that may be tough with only a rudimentary half court set that has not been practiced yet.

The Lakers will make you proud
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 1:19 pm    Post subject:

oldlakerfan wrote:

Awesome write up =)

61 yrs old? Are you jodeke's grandson? Jk.
saetarubia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 1:23 pm    Post subject:

Lonzo.

Surprised he's only at 52%.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3
Jump to: