OFFICIAL KYLE KUZMANIA THREAD (will wear kobe's shoes p346)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 233, 234, 235 ... 347, 348, 349  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 28 Apr 2013
Posts: 12680
Location: Brazil

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:28 am    Post subject:

3baller wrote:
unleasHell wrote:
There is an article today on CBSsports that "repicks" the 2017 Draft, they still have Zo at #2, but they have Kuzma at #5..

Which another way of saying the Lakers got Top5 talent with the #27th pick....!


It does provide some comfort every time we lose knowing we don't have a pick. It's like getting our 2018 lottery pick in advance and on a discount.


I hope that our scouting can do it again this year
_________________
SPEAK IT INTO EXISTENCE
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LandsbergerRules
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 29 Aug 2004
Posts: 7441
Location: The Other Perspective

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:52 am    Post subject:

3baller wrote:
unleasHell wrote:
There is an article today on CBSsports that "repicks" the 2017 Draft, they still have Zo at #2, but they have Kuzma at #5..

Which another way of saying the Lakers got Top5 talent with the #27th pick....!


It does provide some comfort every time we lose knowing we don't have a pick. It's like getting our 2018 lottery pick in advance and on a discount.



_________________
"Chick lived and breathed Lakers basketball…but he was also fair and objective and called every game the way it was played."
-from Chick: His Unpublished Memoirs and the Memories of Those Who Knew Him
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
NBALakerLegends
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 06 Aug 2007
Posts: 702

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:55 am    Post subject:

3baller wrote:
unleasHell wrote:
There is an article today on CBSsports that "repicks" the 2017 Draft, they still have Zo at #2, but they have Kuzma at #5..

Which another way of saying the Lakers got Top5 talent with the #27th pick....!


It does provide some comfort every time we lose knowing we don't have a pick. It's like getting our 2018 lottery pick in advance and on a discount.


I'd like to think this is true.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Jordan-esque
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 19 Aug 2005
Posts: 8623

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:18 pm    Post subject:

What a good passer he’s turning into
_________________


Quote:
“One at a time they’re good, two at a time they’re great, 3 of them together they unbeata-BALL."

- LaVar on why Lakers should draft all 3 Ball Brothers (6/12/18)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
justsomelakerfan
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 16 Jul 2016
Posts: 9747

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:34 pm    Post subject:

Jordan-esque wrote:
What a good passer he’s turning into


I've been saying
_________________
Fave 5 at 25: Isaac Bonga, Isaac Bonga, Isaac Bonga, Isaac Bonga, Isaac Bonga
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 16 Nov 2015
Posts: 13696

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:45 pm    Post subject:

Remember when I criticized Kuzma for not really doing anything in a loss?

He struggled again with his shot (2-9) but got 6 rebounds, 4 assists, 2 steals, and 0 turnovers in 30 minutes. That is awesome.
_________________
https://j.gifs.com/Rnqnbk.gif
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Practice
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 14 Apr 2015
Posts: 3649

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:46 pm    Post subject:

I like how he's been playing lately, but he needs to the ball to start falling for him again.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
epak
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 30 Aug 2005
Posts: 23135

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:46 pm    Post subject:

I don't mind you shooting poorly when you're passing and defending like you are now.
_________________
👊 Los Angeles Lakers 👊
One more trade to get rid of the old regime's players!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 16 Nov 2015
Posts: 13696

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:47 pm    Post subject:

Practice wrote:
I like how he's been playing lately, but he needs to the ball to start falling for him again.

He's streaky. His 3FG% had dropped to like 31% at some point before he went nuclear and got it up to 42%. Not worried about his shooting one bit. As a rookie he's ahead of the curve.
_________________
https://j.gifs.com/Rnqnbk.gif
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
3baller
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 28 Oct 2017
Posts: 268

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:47 pm    Post subject:

Practice wrote:
I like how he's been playing lately, but he needs to the ball to start falling for him again.


His shot probably won't be there until he gets his second wind. Probably after the all-star break
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Doc JC
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 02 May 2012
Posts: 2568

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:48 pm    Post subject:

His shot has been falling short a bit. He doesn’t have his legs under him still.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 11 Oct 2012
Posts: 28959

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:49 pm    Post subject:

Doc JC wrote:
His shot has been falling short a bit. He doesn’t have his legs under him still.


Maybe.. he shoots a flat ball anyway though
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
levon
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 11 Oct 2016
Posts: 2460

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:16 pm    Post subject:

So his shot's been off and he lost confidence off that Lonzo pass for the wide-open 3. I think the Lonzo contagion spread too much there and he looked to make a pass instead of shoot.

BUT his passes of the short rolls to Nance are sick. And his defense (blocking, not paying attention to much else) is improving.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 11 Oct 2012
Posts: 28959

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:31 pm    Post subject:

levon wrote:
So his shot's been off and he lost confidence off that Lonzo pass for the wide-open 3. I think the Lonzo contagion spread too much there and he looked to make a pass instead of shoot.

BUT his passes of the short rolls to Nance are sick. And his defense (blocking, not paying attention to much else) is improving.


If you've shot 5 3s and you're not feeling it, the right play is to make something else beneficial happen if you can. And that's what he did. You didn't say it but I wouldn't say his confidence is shot, he still put up 5 3s
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
blackmamba08
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 09 Jun 2015
Posts: 986
Location: Croatia

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:36 pm    Post subject:

He is shooting quite bad recently but the situation that he is on the floor despite shooting bad tells enough about his game. He played smart with good decisions. Evens defensively he was ok. Few nice assists. He just need to control himself better and to have better shot selection. If they are not falling go the the paint or shoot midrange. But anyway good game for Kuzzz
_________________
K.O.B.E - King Of Basketball End of story
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ShowtimeReturns
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 21 Oct 2017
Posts: 258

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:23 am    Post subject:

justsomelakerfan wrote:
Jordan-esque wrote:
What a good passer he’s turning into


I've been saying


The emergence of the passing game will make him a more complete player Love that he's not forcing the shot
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 26 Dec 2012
Posts: 31972

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:30 am    Post subject:

Kuz is expanding his game. His passing has been a thing of beauty.
_________________
www.trendydeckpost.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
32
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 04 Nov 2009
Posts: 57229

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:26 am    Post subject:

Great article about Kuz. Definitely worth the read. I didn't realize on Wednesday NBA general managers named him the second-biggest steal of the draft.

Quote:
Everyone in Flint thinks they're the best player in town. It doesn't matter if you're the fourth-grader on the AAU team or the 47-year-old on their last legs in the YMCA. If you play basketball in Flint, you think you're the best player in town.

Before he was selected 27th overall in the 2017 NBA draft, before he averaged 21.9 points, 6.4 rebounds, 2.7 assists, 1.4 blocks and 1.1 steals per game in the NBA Summer League, before he teamed up with Lonzo Ball to form "the lightskin connection," before Lakers fans yelled "KUUUUZZZ" whenever he touched the ball, Kyle Kuzma knew he was the best player in town.

LINK
_________________
Nobody in the NBA can touch the Laker brand, which, like the uniform color, is pure gold.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 10 Feb 2005
Posts: 10554

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:48 am    Post subject:

32 wrote:
Great article about Kuz. Definitely worth the read. I didn't realize on Wednesday NBA general managers named him the second-biggest steal of the draft.

Quote:
Everyone in Flint thinks they're the best player in town. It doesn't matter if you're the fourth-grader on the AAU team or the 47-year-old on their last legs in the YMCA. If you play basketball in Flint, you think you're the best player in town.

Before he was selected 27th overall in the 2017 NBA draft, before he averaged 21.9 points, 6.4 rebounds, 2.7 assists, 1.4 blocks and 1.1 steals per game in the NBA Summer League, before he teamed up with Lonzo Ball to form "the lightskin connection," before Lakers fans yelled "KUUUUZZZ" whenever he touched the ball, Kyle Kuzma knew he was the best player in town.

LINK


That survey was from October, when they had DSJ as the biggest steal. I think if they redid the survey today, Kuz would be the clear #1 steal of the draft.

And he put his mama in an apartment? Cmon Kuz, even a rookie contract puts you in the 1%. Buy her a house.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
32
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 04 Nov 2009
Posts: 57229

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:50 am    Post subject:

^ I didn't realize this was an old article from Oct.
_________________
Nobody in the NBA can touch the Laker brand, which, like the uniform color, is pure gold.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
The Juggernaut
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 24 Aug 2017
Posts: 1520

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:14 am    Post subject:

Leg injury and Luke killed his shooting confidence by benching him and not giving him the same rope he had before Lopez came back. Luckily this kid is smart and hard working because his passing and defense have improved during this cold shooting stretch
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 13 Apr 2001
Posts: 11673
Location: Looking outta the window, watching the asphalt grow ...

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:20 am    Post subject:

Ziggy wrote:

And he put his mama in an apartment? Cmon Kuz, even a rookie contract puts you in the 1%. Buy her a house.


Not with his car payment. A dude's got to have his priorities straight.
_________________
Maginka doing work
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
AllorNothing
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 08 Oct 2001
Posts: 16622

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:27 am    Post subject:

Gimme_the_rock wrote:
Ziggy wrote:

And he put his mama in an apartment? Cmon Kuz, even a rookie contract puts you in the 1%. Buy her a house.


Not with his car payment. A dude's got to have his priorities straight.

HE can buy her a home in Flint Michigan for $25,000.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 14 Apr 2001
Posts: 128003
Location: The Gold Coast

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:29 am    Post subject:

AllorNothing wrote:
Gimme_the_rock wrote:
Ziggy wrote:

And he put his mama in an apartment? Cmon Kuz, even a rookie contract puts you in the 1%. Buy her a house.


Not with his car payment. A dude's got to have his priorities straight.

HE can buy her a home in Flint Michigan for $25,000.


Lead included.
_________________
It’s a girl, my lord, in a flat bed Ford.......
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
El Seano
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 14 Nov 2008
Posts: 715

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:29 am    Post subject:

Watching the Spurs game and they mentioned that Kuzma is top 5 all time for Lakers rookies in scoring. I had no idea he was doing THAT well, that is some rarefied air. I looked it up and from what I can gather he is only behind Elgin (24ppg) Magic (18ppg) and Jerry West (17ppg).

If he finishes the season above any of those in scoring that is really something for a late first rounder since I'm near enough positive Baylor, Magic and West were all 1st overall picks. (googles it) West was actually a 2nd pick, behind the Big O. But either way we're talking about a 27th pick putting up comparable numbers to all time greats in terms of scoring as a rookie.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 233, 234, 235 ... 347, 348, 349  Next
Page 234 of 349
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2018 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB