Why does everyone hate Wade?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tgf5
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 12:17 pm    Post subject:

I dislike Wade for elbowing Kobe in the ribs. He could have killed him if his rib broke and collapsed a lung.
Ozendorph
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 1:26 pm    Post subject:

tgf5 wrote:
I dislike Wade for elbowing Kobe in the ribs. He could have killed him if his rib broke and collapsed a lung.

He hit him with an elbow not a truck, my man. But yeah, that was a punk move.
TheRod
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 7:26 pm    Post subject:

because he's a douche.
XTC
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 10:19 pm    Post subject:

It's because he doesn't wear the purple & gold and after he supported the BigUngrateful, it was all downhill from there. If Mitch didn't blink against Pat, things might have been different as Wade would've become a Laker and none of this would've happened.
SoCal88
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 10:27 pm    Post subject:

A new reason would be the Sportsman of the Year. It should have gone to Barbaro...
Lakers 71-72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 7:42 am    Post subject:

A new reason is because he airballs game winning shots from the perimeter...
shnjb
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 7:47 am    Post subject:

Mark Hurlbarf, Esq. wrote:
A new reason is because he airballs game winning shots from the perimeter...

Yes.

I'm sure he'll get that call next time though.
I've never seen anyone who gets so many calls in crunch time.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 2:36 pm    Post subject:

isn't this the second time in like 2 weeks that wade has airballed the game winner?

those jordan comparisons really are appropriate.

Michael "Air" Jordan got his nickname for his incredible leaping and hangtime.

Dwyane "Air" Wade got his nickname from...well...shooting air balls with the game on the line.

venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 2:46 pm    Post subject:

laker4life wrote:
Laker_in_Tulsa wrote:
It's not so much they hate him, they hate the hype and all the calls he gets.

I couldn't say it better. He is Sportsman of the Year after 1 championship. That is ridiculous.

Well, it was Sportsman of the Year. And the last I looked, you can only win one championship in a year.
Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 2:50 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
laker4life wrote:
Laker_in_Tulsa wrote:
It's not so much they hate him, they hate the hype and all the calls he gets.

I couldn't say it better. He is Sportsman of the Year after 1 championship. That is ridiculous.

Well, it was Sportsman of the Year. And the last I looked, you can only win one championship in a year.

lol touche.
smoothCbutla
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 2:59 pm    Post subject:

he didnt miss a "game winner" in the clipper game
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 11:16 pm    Post subject:

Wade just got bailed out again by the refs...only this time, he got away with a blatant karate chop on Bibby's wrist, 2 FTs would've won the game for SAC. If it was the other way around (Wade taking the shot), Bibby would've been thrown in jail for recklessness resulting to physical injuries.

Whether you hate Wade or not, the Refs really LOVE Wade, and that's all that matters to him.
"Now, if life is coffee, then the jobs, money & position in society are the cups. They are just tools to hold & contain life, but the quality of life doesn't change. Sometimes, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee in it."
Stylistic Stylez
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 11:34 pm    Post subject:

Drifts wrote:

Wade just got bailed out again by the refs...only this time, he got away with a blatant karate chop on Bibby's wrist, 2 FTs would've won the game for SAC. If it was the other way around (Wade taking the shot), Bibby would've been thrown in jail for recklessness resulting to physical injuries.

Whether you hate Wade or not, the Refs really LOVE Wade, and that's all that matters to him.

yup i saw that too. I have to invest in a new TV now because i tried to karate chop Dwade but I ended up only hurting my wrist and my roommate getting pissed off at me.

Why can't America realize that falling in love with Kobe doesn't mean breaking up with Michael
smoothCbutla
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 9:06 am    Post subject:

Brad Miller recieved an early Christmas present with those to free throws to tie the game anyway
WindConga
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 10:36 am    Post subject:

You guys should like this

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=2006612010398

CLOWNING: As the players started warming up Thursday, Rasheed Wallace deliberately tumbled onto the court repeatedly, rolling onto his back and throwing his long legs over his head. He was making a humorous point.

"I'm practicing my D-Wade," Wallace said of Dwyane Wade. The Miami star is known for getting to the line sometimes with the aid of theatrics. He shot 10-for-13 from the line in Thursday's 87-85 loss to the Pistons.

Wallace ran toward an imaginary Wade and said, "Hoo!" Then he played the part of the officials and said, "That's a foul. You said "Hoo!" to D-Wade."
WindConga
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 10:40 am    Post subject:

After Thursday's game:
Pistons: Notebook

Chris McCosky / Detroit News wire services

Refs swayed by Wade?

Rasheed Wallace fired up a shot and then threw himself to the floor. Then he got up, faked a limp and did it again.

"Working on my D-Wade flop," he said, laughing.

The dead-on impersonation of some of Heat guard Dwyane Wade 's theatrics actually had the entire team laughing during Thursday's shoot-around.

But Wade's flopping, and subsequent trips to the free-throw line didn't seem funny during the Pistons' 87-85 victory Thursday night.

"You can't do nothing to D-Wade," Wallace said. "If you say 'boogety-boogety booh' to him, that's a foul. If you give him a hard look, that's a foul."

Heading into Thursday, Wade had attempted a league-high 163 free throws -- 11.6 per game. He made 10 of 13 Thursday. Chauncey Billups leads the Pistons with 111 attempts.

But the Pistons aren't the only ones who think Wade might get a little extra protection.

"He gets all the calls, that's what makes him special," Bobcats forward Gerald Wallace said.

Said SuperSonics coach Bob Hill : "It's unbelievable what he gets away with."

Wade has taken the high road, telling the Miami Herald, "It doesn't bug me as long as the calls don't stop."

But Heat coach Pat Riley said the complaints are a not-so-gentlemanly form of gamesmanship.

"I think they are just playing a scam," Riley told the Herald. "They're just whining. I think everybody's just complaining to try to think they can get an edge and hope they will influence the officials in some way.

"Dwyane deserves what he gets. There isn't anybody in the league that attacks the basket more."

The Pistons' plan entering Thursday's game was to attack Wade first.

"One of the big keys for us is Rip (Hamilton )," coach Flip Saunders said.

"He's been very aggressive and has made Dwyane guard him and he's kind of wore him down. He's actually gotten Dwyane in foul trouble in a couple of games, chasing Rip around."
Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 10:43 am    Post subject:

I used to love Rile's but the more I hear him speak, the more respect i lose

Quote:
"Dwyane deserves what he gets. There isn't anybody in the league that attacks the basket more."

this does not justify anything.
LakersInFour
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 11:33 am    Post subject:

LOL ... Bill Simmons, Page 2.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/061208

Quote:
I don't think the Saints have enough, although there's no way they're losing a playoff game at the Superdome. It's simply not happening. Every article written about the potential Nos. 5 and 6 teams in the NFC over the next four weeks should be required to mention that they have no chance -- none, zilch, zero, nada -- if Seattle and New Orleans end up hosting Round 1 games.

Anyway, I thought Drew Brees should have been named Sports Illustratred's Sportsman of the Year and would have been more upset until I realized that it's not 1977 and SI's opinion doesn't matter that much anymore. Brees exemplified everything you'd ever want from a sportsman in a given year: He took an enormous gamble by signing with the Saints last spring when they were in shambles; he fought back from a serious injury and ended up playing his position about as well as it could be played; he gave himself to a wounded city, played a huge role in its ongoing recovery process and turned a below-average team into a playoff contender; and his consistency from week to week was remarkable. With the possible exception of Roger Federer, was there a more memorable, inspirational, talented and influential sportsman in 2006 than Drew Brees? I say no. Of course, Dwayne Wade won the honor. And you know what? It was a gutsy choice by the new editor of Sports Illustratred, Mr. Bennett Salvatore.

LMAO
"It’s like going to the Getty and standing in front of Van Gogh’s Irises while some schmuck next to you critiques individual brush strokes. Just shut up already. The more you talk, the more you embarrass yourself."
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 1:08 pm    Post subject:

Vancouver Fan wrote:
I used to love Rile's but the more I hear him speak, the more respect i lose

Quote:

this does not justify anything.

I think of Biff from the movie Back to the Future whenever I see Riley. I wish a pile of dung could pour down on Riley's head in the same way as Biff. That would make my day.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 1:16 pm    Post subject:

As painful as it is to agree with Bill he was spot on but I'm glad Drew didn't win it despite being fellow Purdue alums(had to throw that in there) I want him to have a good year. I have no faith in my Colts getting it done this postseason so I will also root for Drew to get it done with the Saints this year. They would have a better shot anyways.

Besides better Wade than Drew getting the SI jinx.

Oh and I don't like Wade because he's not only overrated but he's being portrayed as this humble individual despite the fact he's not. I have no issue with arrogance just back it up and own it.
Zhengi
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 1:26 pm    Post subject:

The more appropriate question is, why would anyone like Wade? The guy is not what he is made out to be by the media.
shnjb
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 3:59 pm    Post subject:

Yeah why would ANYONE like this guy besides the Heat fans?

He gets special treatment from the refs to a level never seen before and every game he plays, he acts like he's some deity.

I want to see him injured.
targetman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 5:10 pm    Post subject:

I hate Wade because he jumped on the anti-Kobe bandwagon (calling him "that guy")that was not his fight. He slobbers on Shaq like he's p***y whipped. He is propped up by the media and shoved down our throats as the next clean cut saviour of the NBA. I don't like being manipulated. I want to like a player because I came to my own conclusions, not because it was marketed successfully.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4
Jump to: