OFFICIAL 2018 FREE AGENCY THREAD (7/24 Update: LAL Has Full 15 Man Roster; p.1 - Remaining FAs, Notable Expiring Contracts & Lakers' 2019 Cap)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1119, 1120, 1121 ... 2678, 2679, 2680  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 4:13 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Megaton wrote:
32 wrote:
They are playing this Demonta Murray kid up like he is the next superstar for the Spurs.

I liked him a lot in college and thought it was such a “Spurs pick” in his draft. Very raw coming to the NBA but an insane amount of potential and Pop is the perfect teacher for him.

Agree on Murray. That is why I never got the “Leonard will want out because the Spurs are old” talk. They are doing a good job incorporating young players into the lineup.

Spurs are 2nd oldest team in the league.
TEAM AVG. AGE
Golden State 28.12
San Antonio 28.06
Cleveland 28
NBALakerLegends
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 4:22 pm    Post subject:

New Orleans has won 5 straight and they are playing Alvin Gentry basketball. I don’t think New Orleans is a better team without Boogie, but his impact towards winning can still be questioned. Don’t get me wrong, I would have still maxed him if he was healthy but I don’t think this season answered the questions about him. NO has a better win percentage without Boogie this season.
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 4:23 pm    Post subject:

Fortysixn2 wrote:
Car54 wrote:
BizLA wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
BizLA wrote:
governator wrote:
chantruong wrote:
We need to get DAME somehow

If anybody sick of 'small' market crap is this guy.
Dame $, overlooked in all-stars, an afterthought in advertisement, non-existence in national televised games... Being a Laker would remedy these deficiencies real quick

Lillard’s been playing out of his mind.

It’s a shame how overlooked he is.

Funny that even though Lillard is having a career season, his TS% is still 3% lower than Isaiah's was last year. Don't get why Damien who is another short guard who plays lackluster defense is an overlooked gem, yet IT is complete garbage in your mind. I could see how you could prefer Dame... but I don't get why there's such a huge difference in your mind. Other than the 5 inches difference in height... production is virtually the same.

More like 7 inches difference in height and way less of a defensive liability..not to mention Lillard has been a 20+ppg scorer since he came into the league. Unlike Thomas who had a couple good seasons then fell completely off.

Bias

Eh, some people on this site don’t like our players yet like everybody else’s...theh especially like players we used to have. It’s basically just a form of saying they don’t like the FO or something. Doesn’t seem like a move from a real “fan” but whatever, some people are just negative.

As far as IT goes, he’s cool. To me he’s a basically much shorter, smarter and clutchier version of JC. He is the perfect guy to come in when the offense is stalling off the bench or to play backup PG as long as we pair him with a couple of good defenders (Hart + KCP). Dude tries and has a lot of skill, he’s just short and can’t defend or rebound because of it..

So JC is capable of averaging 29ppg and being the best player on a conference finals team? lol dude barely avg 16ppg there's a HUGE difference between the two players and it ain't just clutch abilities.
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 4:32 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Megaton wrote:
32 wrote:
I still think KL could ask for a trade this summer. It sounds like that relationship is pretty bad.

The second Lebron leaves, Love would be in the trade market regardless. Cavs would be forced to start from scratch. However there salary situation would be very dire with loaded contracts like Jr Smith, Tristan Thompson, Jordan Clarkson, George Hill, Kyle Korver, Rodney Hood gonna ask for a good amount of cash, etc.

Not that I think it matters THAT much considering this is the Cavs we are talking about. They are and will never be an attractive destination for ANY star free agent even with Lebron there. But that organization is gonna be paying a huge bill for the next few years.

Which also means it could finally be the end of Dan Gilbert as he would probably be forced to sell the team. And thank god if/when that happens. Gilbert is one of the biggest piece of (bleep) owners in sports.

If he sold I wouldn’t be surprised to see Lebron put a group together to buy the Cavs.

Can't be an owner and player at the same time.
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 4:39 pm    Post subject:

Hard to believe OKC won’t make the playoffs, but they’re are right on the edge. If they don’t make it, or if they get destroyed by one of the top seeds in the first round, does anyone really think OKC’s notoriously cheap FO drops the coin necessary to max out George, assuming George wants to stick around at all?
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 4:44 pm    Post subject:

mhan00 wrote:
Hard to believe OKC won’t make the playoffs, but they’re are right on the edge. If they don’t make it, or if they get destroyed by one of the top seeds in the first round, does anyone really think OKC’s notoriously cheap FO drops the coin necessary to max out George, assuming George wants to stick around at all?

George is coming here regardless, but it would go from “leaving to go to LA” to “leaving to get out of OKC” if they can’t even make the playoffs.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 4:45 pm    Post subject:

mhan00 wrote:

That continues to be the reasoning I use to hold out hope that George decides to sign with the Lakers. Style of play and team chemistry being a lure for him.

We’ll see!
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 4:50 pm    Post subject:

OKC is to good not to make the playoffs. I think there's a decent chance they can get the fourth seed. They are currently only two games behind the Spurs for the third seed.
NBALakerLegends
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:00 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
OKC is to good not to make the playoffs. I think there's a decent chance they can get the fourth seed. They are currently only two games behind the Spurs for the third seed.

OKC has one of the hardest schedules remaining and they have been trending down since the Roberson injury. Teams like the Clippers, Blazers, Nuggets (Milsap returning soon), Pelicans and Jazz are trending up. Right now sitting at eight there is a legitimate chance OKC will miss the playoffs. I wouldn’t bet on it but if you gave me two to one odds I would take it. We shall see though. It will be an interesting second half for Lakers fans watching he West playoff scenarios and also Cleveland’s play.

Last edited by NBALakerLegends on Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:00 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:

I think they make the playoffs but seeding is going to be so important. Could be dropped in the first round if they drop in the standings. IMO second round is more likely.

Then it all depends on management. If they are willing to pay the luxury tax I think he stays. They start weakening the team to cut cost and he leaves IMO.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:07 pm    Post subject:

OKC next 3 games are easy. Orlando, Dallas and Phx.
CalisFinest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:10 pm    Post subject:

OKC has 7 games where teams are actively tanking left on their schedule. They'll get those for sure. I think they end up 3rd/4th.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:15 pm    Post subject:

CalisFinest wrote:
OKC has 7 games where teams are actively tanking left on their schedule. They'll get those for sure. I think they end up 3rd/4th.

14 games against playoff or fighting for playoffs teams.
NBALakerLegends
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:24 pm    Post subject:

CalisFinest wrote:

All teams in the west playoff race will be going against tanking teams. 14 playoff contending teams vs 7 tanking teams. Most other teams in the west playoff race have a better ratio. OKC’s next three are tanking teams and than they have One scary schedule.
PRLakeShow
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:30 pm    Post subject:

Everyone is going up against tanking teams, there are 9 tanking teams this year. That's basically a third of your opponents.

Well I guess Brooklyn is not tanking. They're just horrible.
Fortysixn2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:38 pm    Post subject:

Car54 wrote:
Fortysixn2 wrote:
Car54 wrote:
BizLA wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
BizLA wrote:
governator wrote:
chantruong wrote:

Dame $, overlooked in all-stars, an afterthought in advertisement, non-existence in national televised games... Being a Laker would remedy these deficiencies real quick

Funny that even though Lillard is having a career season, his TS% is still 3% lower than Isaiah's was last year. Don't get why Damien who is another short guard who plays lackluster defense is an overlooked gem, yet IT is complete garbage in your mind. I could see how you could prefer Dame... but I don't get why there's such a huge difference in your mind. Other than the 5 inches difference in height... production is virtually the same.

More like 7 inches difference in height and way less of a defensive liability..not to mention Lillard has been a 20+ppg scorer since he came into the league. Unlike Thomas who had a couple good seasons then fell completely off.

Bias

Eh, some people on this site don’t like our players yet like everybody else’s...theh especially like players we used to have. It’s basically just a form of saying they don’t like the FO or something. Doesn’t seem like a move from a real “fan” but whatever, some people are just negative.

As far as IT goes, he’s cool. To me he’s a basically much shorter, smarter and clutchier version of JC. He is the perfect guy to come in when the offense is stalling off the bench or to play backup PG as long as we pair him with a couple of good defenders (Hart + KCP). Dude tries and has a lot of skill, he’s just short and can’t defend or rebound because of it..

So JC is capable of averaging 29ppg and being the best player on a conference finals team? lol dude barely avg 16ppg there's a HUGE difference between the two players and it ain't just clutch abilities.

No, IT is much better because he is smart and has more of a clutch mentality. I said he was cool, I like him. If JC is the best player on your team, you team is gonna win like 5 games in a season lol.
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:45 pm    Post subject:

Fortysixn2 wrote:
Car54 wrote:
Fortysixn2 wrote:
Car54 wrote:
BizLA wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
BizLA wrote:
governator wrote:
chantruong wrote:

Bias

No, IT is much better because he is smart and has more of a clutch mentality. I said he was cool, I like him. If JC is the best player on your team, you team is gonna win like 5 games in a season lol.

He's a good role player. My ideal free agency is locking Paul up for 4 years and Punting cap space in the form of iT. Next summer when IT expire go have Kawhi.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:46 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
✔@KeithSmithNBA
FWIW: As rumors swirl of Philadelphia signing Ersan Ilyasova after he completes a buyout with Atlanta, all of the 76ers regulars are active tonight at Washington. This includes Trevor Booker and Jerryd Bayless. TBD if either plays in the game or not.

LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:52 pm    Post subject:

Do the wizards know that Ben Simmons can't shoot? They are running him off the 3 point line and he is getting clear lane dunks because of it
chantruong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:54 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Do the wizards know that Ben Simmons can't shoot? They are running him off the 3 point line and he is getting clear lane dunks because of it

Yeah, teams don't know how to defend him. Why put a pg on him. Put a wing on him...
JPaulK0n
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:25 pm    Post subject:

I was bored, so I came up with two crazy predictions that can be somewhat plausible in my books :
-John Callipari leaves Kentucky due to the sanctions that will come down and he will become the coach/GM of the Suns and he trades for: John Wall. Wizards get out of paying Wall $40 million coming up for the future and can get some young lottery talent and draft picks to pair Bradley Beal with.

-Andrew Wiggins' contract is 5 years for 148 million that needs to be traded ASAP to pay Jimmy Butler & KAT. The Blazers can't win with a Dame/CJ backcourt, so to shake things up, Wolves should trade that Wiggins contract for CJ and depth to add more shooting and a better scorer around Butler & KAT, while Wiggins can try to live up to being the number one pick next to Dame.

Last edited by JPaulK0n on Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:28 pm    Post subject:

Car54 wrote:

his guys could be part of the ownership group, and build in options for him to buy in later.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:37 pm    Post subject:

JPaulK0n wrote:
I was bored, so I came up with two crazy predictions that can be somewhat plausible in my books :
-John Callipari leaves Kentucky due to the sanctions that will come down and he will become the coach/GM of the Suns and he trades for: John Wall. Wizards get out of paying Wall $40 million coming up for the future and can get some young lottery talent and draft picks to pair Bradley Beal with.

-Andrew Wiggins' contract is 5 years for 148 million that needs to be traded ASAP to pay Jimmy Butler & KAT. The Blazers can't win with a Dame/CJ backcourt, so to shake things up, Wolves should trade that Wiggins contract for CJ and depth to add more shooting and a better scorer around Butler & KAT, while Wiggins can try to live up to being the number one pick next to Dame.

That contract makes Deng's look somewhat sane.
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:42 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
Car54 wrote:

his guys could be part of the ownership group, and build in options for him to buy in later.

Omg you and this guy
PRLakeShow
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:46 pm    Post subject:

Who's better?

Player WS/48 BPM VORP
Player A .029 -2.5 -0.2
Player B .032 -2.7 -0.4
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1119, 1120, 1121 ... 2678, 2679, 2680  Next
Page 1120 of 2680
Jump to: