Joined: 07 Dec 2011
Location: Los Angeles
|Posted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 2:24 pm Post subject: Early Targets at Trade Deadline
|Lakers roster is essentially filled out and I see two areas of need: 1. Back up athletic, 3D SF and 2. Upgrade at starting PG. Given Lakers are trying to clear up cap space in 2 years, targets are limited.
Lakers signed a lot of PG but don't have a clear cut starter. Also, Daniels and Cook roles overlap and MLE was used on Avery Bradley.
1. Mario Hezonja - Blazers have little depth at PG behind Lillard and can use Daniels, Cook, or Bradley.
2. Rodney Hood - Blazers have little depth at PG behind Lillard and can use Daniels, Cook, or Bradley.
3. Dennis Schroder - Thunder need salary cap relief as they rebuild and Lakers might be able to facilitate a trade.
4. Jae Crowder - Memphis is loaded at SF and probably won't play Crowder much as they rebuild with young guys like Josh Jackson and Dillon Brooks on the roster. They also have Kyle Anderson with 3 years remaining. Bradley previously played for Memphis and played relatively well for them when healthy.
5. Stanley Johnson - Raptors may look to rebuild at the trade deadline depending how the season goes. If rebuild is the way forward, Lowry will probably be on the move and Lakers should try to get Stanley Johnson for one of Daniels, Cook, or Bradley.