Quasi-Official BOOGIE COUSINS Thread (Charges Dropped)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 67, 68, 69  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LAL1947
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 9:35 am    Post subject:

dcarter4kobe wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:
Scoffs wrote:
If Cousins is anything like he was before the injury and he stays healthy, we're going to demolish teams. I think we should manage his minutes very carefully so he doesn't get worn out before the playoffs.

I like this minute break down

DMC-26/McGee-14/AD-8
AD-24/Kuz-24
LeBron-32/KCP-10/Kuz-6
Green-28/KCP-10/Cook or Daniels-10
Bradley-28/Caruso-20

10 deep. Depth-Rondo, Daniels,Dudley (Hopefully JWill back on 2 way). Nobody plays over 32MPG

There is no way Caruso is playing 20 mins and rondo 0

Maybe so. But that should be the case based simply off play.

Well, if you're basing this simply off play... how do you explain Cook getting 10 mins to Caruso's 20?

LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 9:39 am    Post subject:

LAL1947 wrote:
SuperboyReformed wrote:
Kobesystem wrote:
Imagine if we had this team 5 years ago....

dude......
kobe would still be playing, no achilles injury. and we'd have like 3 more rings at least. you replace lebron with Kobe and holy cow. lebron is sooooooooooooo fortunate to have the teammates he's had. nobody has had teammates like lebron throughout an entire career.

Err.... Kevin Durant has easily had better teammates for more of his career (Westbrook, Harden and Ibaka among others... and then Steph, Klay, Draymond, Iggy, Livingston... and now Kyrie, Levert, Dinwiddie, Allen, Harris, Prince, Kurocs; not as top heavy as his previous two teams but they are deep wih talent and youth)... compared to LeGramps (who only had better teammates than Durant while he was in Miami, and now in this year with the Lakers).

I'm not denying that LeBron has also had better teammates for longer, compared to certain stars he gets compared to... like MJ or Kobe... but Durant is easily the most fortunate by that measuring scale.

Good point. Kobe's repeat with the 09-10 squads were especially impressive imo because they weren't absolutely stacked like KD's and most of Bron's championship teams were.
lakers0505
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 9:48 am    Post subject:

A lot of respect for Boogie after the Warriors stint...he could've easily packed it in after the quad injury, but he fought all the way down to the end in game 6 with big plays.
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 9:56 am    Post subject:

LAL1947 wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:
Scoffs wrote:
If Cousins is anything like he was before the injury and he stays healthy, we're going to demolish teams. I think we should manage his minutes very carefully so he doesn't get worn out before the playoffs.

DMC-26/McGee-14/AD-8
AD-24/Kuz-24
LeBron-32/KCP-10/Kuz-6
Bradley-28/Caruso-20

10 deep. Depth-Rondo, Daniels,Dudley (Hopefully JWill back on 2 way). Nobody plays over 32MPG

Maybe so. But that should be the case based simply off play.

Well, if you're basing this simply off play... how do you explain Cook getting 10 mins to Caruso's 20?

Lol at you posting a highlight video for your reasoning. To answer your question, defense.
LAL1947
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:03 am    Post subject:

LandsbergerRules wrote:
Kobe's repeat with the 09-10 squads were especially impressive imo because they weren't absolutely stacked like KD's and most of Bron's championship teams were.

I think so too.

By that same token, we have to give credit to LeBron for what he did in his first stint at Cleveland too. His teams were really crap compared to the teams they lost to in the playoffs:
- Detroit (Billups, Wallace x2, Hamilton, Prince, McDyess)
- SA (Duncan, Parker, Manu, Finley, Bowen, Horry)
- Boston (Garnett, Pierce, Allen, Rondo)

The only exception was Orlando, who were on a similar level to the Cavs IMO. Also, despite being so loaded in comparison to CLE, Detroit and Boston still needed to resort to playing bully ball to beat him. I'm no LeBron stan, far from it... but I think people can sometimes forget that he elevated average or above-average guys into being considered good players... just like Kobe did for many on the 2008-2010 teams. I also don't hold it against him for moving from Cleveland and trying to put together a team of better players with Wade and Bosh, since Cleveland kept surrounding him with crap and the above were who they had been going up against.

Last edited by LAL1947 on Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:17 am; edited 4 times in total
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:09 am    Post subject:

LAL1947 wrote:
LandsbergerRules wrote:
Kobe's repeat with the 09-10 squads were especially impressive imo because they weren't absolutely stacked like KD's and most of Bron's championship teams were.

I think so too.

We have to give credit to LeBron for what he did in his first stint at Cleveland by that same token too. His teams were really crap compared to the teams they lost to in the playoffs:

The only exception was Orlando, who were on similar level to the Cavs IMO. Also, despite being loaded in comparison to CLE, Detroit/Boston still needed to resort to playing bully ball to beat him.

Agreed, bro. Man, I really wanted the Cavs to come out of the east that year instead of the Magic so Kobe could have a Finals win against Bron.
PICKnPOP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2019 9:42 pm    Post subject:

It usually takes new teams awhile to develop chemistry, but I think this team may actually have instant chemistry.

Rondo, boogie, AD have that year together and obviously really liked playing together. Quinn cook played 16/17 season

Lebron, KCP, javale, Kuzma all played together last season and I don’t think it’s a coincidence that lebron assisted to these guys more than anyone else from last years team.

Only 20 games played but Danny Green played with lebron for one season.

Quinn cook and javale McGee played together in golden state

AD and lebron 2012 Olympic team even tho AD wasn’t even a rookie yet

Jason Kidd and lebron on 2008 Olympic team.

Not only that we have a lot of winners on this team. From college championships, to Olympic gold medals and nba titles. We have a team full of winners.

Quinn cook - college & nba
Javale -nba
Danny Green -nba
Lebron -nba, olympic gold
AD -college, Olympic gold
Cousins -Olympic gold
Rondo -nba champ
J kidd the assistant coach won as a player -nba, Olympic gold

This team has the potential to be special.

Defensively as well. We signed two underrated defenders in Avery Bradley and KCP. They are really good at fighting through screens and chasing shooters. I truly believe that with a good defensive system in place and AD/javale behind them we will see them shine on this end again. I know the star guards in the league are not looking forward to playing the lakers next season. Our PnR defense is going to be stifling

Watching Avery play defense makes me feel better about losing Lonzo

Kcp is no slouch either

AD defensive scouting report at 9:16

non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 1:06 am    Post subject:

If that weight loss, which is significant and so real that it's plainly written on his face and gut, not just his shoulders, helps reduce injury potential, he will likely be killer for us. Not could be, but likely will be. This ain't no Kwame or Samaki 2nd try guy. More like a Dwight, but even Dwight looked like Superkwame half the time out there. Cuz knows what to do with the ball when you throw it to him on the low block. Dwight = Superkwame; Cuz = GenericBrandShaq. This is a guy with a dominant past and loads of skills and even an outside shot to the arc and floor running/ball advancing/fancy footwork, could go on n on. He could easily be our 3rd star if not Kuz. People outside of here are overlooking him to their own detriment. We're gonna kick some ass, early 80s style. Sixers or Celtic Busters in The Finals, baby!!(1)...

And we may need another backup just in case, but Cuz and Geet give us different looks and hopefully the coaches realize this is to our advantage only if they make sure it is a demand of McGee. Javale needs to focus a lot more on defending rim ALL season. He was great early last season, but he couldn't sustain it as the #1 guy. If the story about him wanting Zubac gone were true, he needs to step up to the plate because now we really need him. No pronounced slide on looking for weakside blocks after 12/31.
Hero Ball
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 3:41 am    Post subject:

PICKnPOP wrote:
https://youtu.be/_083_eZ9dMY

It usually takes new teams awhile to develop chemistry, but I think this team may actually have instant chemistry.

Rondo, boogie, AD have that year together and obviously really liked playing together. Quinn cook played 16/17 season

Lebron, KCP, javale, Kuzma all played together last season and I don’t think it’s a coincidence that lebron assisted to these guys more than anyone else from last years team.

Add Caruso as a holdover from last year.

Bradley and Rondo were teammates in beantown.

JKidd coached JDud in Milwaukee.

KCP THT AD and LBJ are with Klutch.

The odd man out is Troy Daniels...let's cut him.
Super Mega Team
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 4:08 am    Post subject:

Hero Ball wrote:
PICKnPOP wrote:

Dudley and Daniels are with Mark Bartelstein. Kuzma was but just parted ways with him. Bradley Beal is also (backchannel) communications with Beal.

IRRELEVANT CONNECTIONS... GO!
LAL1947
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 4:31 am    Post subject:

Super Mega Team wrote:
Hero Ball wrote:
PICKnPOP wrote:

Dudley and Daniels are with Mark Bartelstein. Kuzma was but just parted ways with him. Bradley Beal is also (backchannel) communications with Beal.

IRRELEVANT CONNECTIONS... GO!

@SuperMegaTeam @HeroBall ... dream killers! ⛈️🌧️🌩️

lakurluv
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 5:14 am    Post subject:

I think Boogie definitely has something to prove to all of his doubters. He's only 28 years old and still has some prime to go!
Even with that injury everyone needs to understand that he's not a "wing" so he has a more likely chance to continue to improve and get better.

With today's technology I'm a believer that he will make a return to dominance.
If he can average a double-double for this Lakers team and help us get wins, we can definitely make it to the playoffs.

I never really liked his attitude, but that was only because he wasn't on the Lakers, but now that he is; attitude aside, we need his toughness and physicality...

If he sheds 25lbs of fat and turns into muscle, the league better watch out!
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 7:10 am    Post subject:

lakurluv wrote:
I think Boogie definitely has something to prove to all of his doubters. He's only 28 years old and still has some prime to go!
Even with that injury everyone needs to understand that he's not a "wing" so he has a more likely chance to continue to improve and get better.

With today's technology I'm a believer that he will make a return to dominance.
If he can average a double-double for this Lakers team and help us get wins, we can definitely make it to the playoffs.

I never really liked his attitude, but that was only because he wasn't on the Lakers, but now that he is; attitude aside, we need his toughness and physicality...

If he sheds 25lbs of fat and turns into muscle, the league better watch out!

Him averaging a double double would be nice but I am more concerned with his defense. That is where this team needs him to vastly improve.

Cousins has never been mobile but he was a detriment on the court last year. Lakers need him to be at least average. Anything less will really hurt any chances of contending.

I have never liked Cousins attitude either. It remains a concern. Perhaps the vet locker room can be patient but his out of control play on the court leads to too many techs, TOs and bad shot selection for my tastes.

Not a fan of this signing. Hope many of you seeing potential from him are right. IMO his signing will end up being a net loss overall.
RG73
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 7:40 am    Post subject:

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:

I have never liked Cousins attitude either. It remains a concern.

What is that attitude exactly? By all accounts that I am aware of he's been nothing but a good teammate on his last two teams.
LAkers 4 Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 7:51 am    Post subject:

LandsbergerRules wrote:
LAL1947 wrote:
LandsbergerRules wrote:

I think so too.

We have to give credit to LeBron for what he did in his first stint at Cleveland by that same token too. His teams were really crap compared to the teams they lost to in the playoffs:

The only exception was Orlando, who were on similar level to the Cavs IMO. Also, despite being loaded in comparison to CLE, Detroit/Boston still needed to resort to playing bully ball to beat him.

Agreed, bro. Man, I really wanted the Cavs to come out of the east that year instead of the Magic so Kobe could have a Finals win against Bron.

Nah... I'd rather Kobe have the easier finals against Howard's Magic. LeBron would have made the finals series too nerve-racking.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 8:28 am    Post subject:

RG73 wrote:

What is that attitude exactly? By all accounts that I am aware of he's been nothing but a good teammate on his last two teams.

You are surprised by any concerns with his attitude? Young man has had ongoing issues with being a lockerroom disruption, work ethic and general pain in the ass for coaches since high school. The anecdotal stories are out there. You can do your own research.

Perhaps he cleaned that up last year as he was a side note as he rehabbed. Or perhaps it was just lost in the chaos of the Warriors season. But you are right, he did have a decent year from a inside the lockerroom standpoint to my memory too.

Although I do count his 7 techs in 30 games a negative for the team. But that is just me.
h2omike
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 9:11 am    Post subject:

[quote="LAL1947"][quote="dcarter4kobe"]
Jesusdelonla wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:
Scoffs wrote:

DMC-26/McGee-14/AD-8
AD-24/Kuz-24
LeBron-32/KCP-10/Kuz-6
Bradley-28/Caruso-20

That’s an excellent breakdown of the minutes. Rondo probably gets the Caruso minutes at the star art of the season. Injuries will loosen minutes up a bit too.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 9:16 am    Post subject:

RG73 wrote:

You are surprised by any concerns with his attitude? Young man has had ongoing issues with being a lockerroom disruption, work ethic and general pain in the ass for coaches since high school. The anecdotal stories are out there. You can do your own research.

Perhaps he cleaned that up last year as he was a side note as he rehabbed. Or perhaps it was just lost in the chaos of the Warriors season. But you are right, he did have a decent year from a inside the lockerroom standpoint to my memory too.

Although I do count his 7 techs in 30 games a negative for the team. But that is just me.

How he reacts if he doesn't start or is relegated to a spot-up shooter is the question for me.

Last edited by greenfrog on Sat Jul 20, 2019 10:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 9:32 am    Post subject:

RG73 wrote:

His techs are in the heat of the moment. His teammates have always spoken highly of him. Besides, Lebron and Rondo will be the locker room leaders. They won't allow Cousins to disrupt the locker room and they'll have his ear when he inevitably loses his temper in a game. He respects both of them.

If Cousins is your leader like he was in Sacramento, or your vet presence like he was in NO, then I'd be more concerned. He'll be neither of those things here. Similar to when he played in GS, he just has to focus on playing, and I think he will. He'll pick up a handful of techs, but he brings an edge to this team so I'm fine with it.
lakurluv
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 5:01 am    Post subject:

Defense in general is pretty much non-existent in the game! The problem in today's game is that offensively everyone wants to camp on the perimeter and because of that players normally aren't playing end-to-end but more like free throw line to free throw line.
Boogie's poor conditioning and inability to get up and down the floor defensively will more than likely continue to be a challenge for the Lakers.

However if he can solidify his role at the "5" and guard the opposing teams center in the low post, it may not be to overly exposed.

Against a player like Embiid, he may be exposed because Embiid likes to shoot threes from the perimeter and Boogie won't be able to guard him out there. When teams go to small ball with Boogie on the floor we will definitely be at a disadvantage.

I"m hoping our small ball lineup with AD at the five is the perfect counter to this problem.

Boogie won't win defensive player of the year, but I think he will make the adjustment and be solid enough for us defensively in the paint!

Go Lakers!
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 6:03 am    Post subject:

lakurluv wrote:
Defense in general is pretty much non-existent in the game! The problem in today's game is that offensively everyone wants to camp on the perimeter and because of that players normally aren't playing end-to-end but more like free throw line to free throw line.
Boogie's poor conditioning and inability to get up and down the floor defensively will more than likely continue to be a challenge for the Lakers.

However if he can solidify his role at the "5" and guard the opposing teams center in the low post, it may not be to overly exposed.

Against a player like Embiid, he may be exposed because Embiid likes to shoot threes from the perimeter and Boogie won't be able to guard him out there. When teams go to small ball with Boogie on the floor we will definitely be at a disadvantage.

I"m hoping our small ball lineup with AD at the five is the perfect counter to this problem.

Boogie won't win defensive player of the year, but I think he will make the adjustment and be solid enough for us defensively in the paint!

Go Lakers!

Raptors just won the title with defense
laker50
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 6:12 am    Post subject:

Cousins last year was a shell of his normal self. It was obvious the injuries was slowing him down. He could not guard Gasol on the perimeter. So McGee will have to do that.
But on offense he was effective. He still has the moves.
If he can get his conditioning up to where he is adequate on defense Demarcus will be an asset.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 6:24 am    Post subject:

defense wrote:
lakurluv wrote:

Go Lakers!

Their winning has an asterisk attached IMO. They benefited from multiple key injuries. It happens every few years and the Raptors were in position to take advantage to their credit. But they benefitted none the less.

But the premise of the Lakers defense this season is more important. The season will be defined by how hard they work at it and how they come together as a team.

Multiple players have to buy-in and sacrifice. We will see if they can consistently do it. Because other teams can and will next season. If the Lakers want to be contending they will need to embrace that same effort and culture.

I hope I am wrong about how Cousins will fit for this team. I am thrilled to see the stories of him losing weight and preparing for the season. Also just read a story of Davis being excited to be teammates again. Some positive comments about how they get along and expect to play together.

Hope Cousins surprises me this season.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 6:37 am    Post subject:

defense wrote:
lakurluv wrote:

Go Lakers!

Their winning has an asterisk attached IMO. They benefited from multiple key injuries. It happens every few years and the Raptors were in position to take advantage to their credit. But they benefitted none the less.

But the premise of the Lakers defense this season is more important. The season will be defined by how hard they work at it and how they come together as a team.

Multiple players have to buy-in and sacrifice. We will see if they can consistently do it. Because other teams can and will next season. If the Lakers want to be contending they will need to embrace that same effort and culture.

I hope I am wrong about how Cousins will fit for this team. I am thrilled to see the stories of him losing weight and preparing for the season. Also just read a story of Davis being excited to be teammates again. Some positive comments about how they get along and expect to play together.

IF Boogie can stay healthy this season, IMO, he should be able to average nearly a double-double per game.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 6:54 am    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
defense wrote:
lakurluv wrote:

Go Lakers!

IF Boogie can stay healthy this season, IMO, he should be able to average nearly a double-double per game.

Would not surprise me if he can play the mpg. Last year he was 16/9 at 26mpg. He plays that 25-30mpg the stats will come. Offense is not my issue with him except his tendency to get out of control at times. I would hope this team could keep that in check and hold him accountable to the team efficiency.

My concern is the defensive end. He needs to play much more disciplined and focused. We will see how much mobility he can get back with another offseason of rehab and training. He plays solid defense and this team has potential.

Also may have to reconsider my thoughts on Cousins being a better fit off the bench. Some Davis comments about his excitement of reuniting with Cousins and potential on court chemistry seem really promising.

As much as Cousins annoys the hell out of me I might have to keep an open mind of his potential contributions this season.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 67, 68, 69  Next
Page 26 of 69
Jump to: