The LEBRON JAMES Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1279, 1280, 1281 ... 1287, 1288, 1289  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
drae
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 13 Nov 2018
Posts: 7387

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 7:37 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
pio2u wrote:
FYI: Looks like LBJ was right about Carmelo.

Carmelo Anthony, Giannis Antetokounmpo named NBA Players of the Week


https://www.nba.com/article/2019/12/02/nba-players-week-6-giannis-antetokounmpo-carmelo-anthony


His selection to POW is embarrassing.

His avgs for the week were 22/8/3.

Harden for the week averaged 47/5/7.

Must be them 3 extra rebounds. Haha


This week the best thing about Harden was the look on his face when he was pulled after 3 quarters with 60 points and found out he was a point or two away from his highest ever scoring game
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Metro2Staples
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 08 Sep 2019
Posts: 182

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 6:00 pm    Post subject:

Big test tonight on the road for Bron, AD & Co. I have a certain confidence in this team every time they take the floor, led by LBJ's experience. You know he's got that killer instinct of an all time great, he will play hard tonight!

I was thinking this week about Bron's statmement last year that he will never cheat the game. Taking me awhile to truly understand and appreciate what he meant: https://www.nba.com/article/2019/03/25/lebron-james-vows-never-cheat-game

We are watching the future #1 scorer of all time. Enjoy.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
moonriver24
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 21 Oct 2007
Posts: 14801

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 7:22 pm    Post subject:

drae wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
pio2u wrote:
FYI: Looks like LBJ was right about Carmelo.

Carmelo Anthony, Giannis Antetokounmpo named NBA Players of the Week


https://www.nba.com/article/2019/12/02/nba-players-week-6-giannis-antetokounmpo-carmelo-anthony


His selection to POW is embarrassing.

His avgs for the week were 22/8/3.

Harden for the week averaged 47/5/7.

Must be them 3 extra rebounds. Haha


This week the best thing about Harden was the look on his face when he was pulled after 3 quarters with 60 points and found out he was a point or two away from his highest ever scoring game

Harden's FG% can be deceiving. Having watched Kobe all these years, you can see why they still dominate the points despite having "bad" FG%: because opponents have to foul them and send them to FT line. Every shot attempt that does not make it because of a foul is counted as a failed FG. The compensation? Points made thru free throws.

Harden is clearly the most feared shooter in the NBA right now. Usually, it was Curry.
_________________
Kobe's Top 5 Dunks, 81 points, MJ last gm @Staples
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ChefLinda
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 20 Sep 2006
Posts: 17716
Location: Boston

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 8:30 pm    Post subject:

LaLaLakeShow wrote:
activeverb wrote:
LaLaLakeShow wrote:
activeverb wrote:
Metro2Staples wrote:
You sound pessimistic.

AD is very happy as a Laker. He will sign a long term contract with Lakers.

LAbron is also very happy with Lakers. He will pick up the 4th year of his contract, then sign another contract with Lakers. He will retire a Laker.

LAbron will also become the #1 all time scorer and get his jersey retired.

crazylakerfan001 wrote:
I wonder Where all you "Laker" Fans will Rank him if We don't win this year and AD walks. Then after next season Lebron Retires leaving us without any star players and without any picks. Those that are worshiping him now will turn Sour.


I find the way you post your response above the quote, rather than the traditional way of putting it below the quote, annoying.


You find his posts annoying?


I find the formatting of his posts annoying. I'm indifferent to the posts themselves. They seem to be generic rah rah Lebron is the guy stuff.


Lol..yep


Then why are you in the LBJ thread trolling LBJ fans? Look, we made a Kobe v LBJ thread so you all could spend eternity debating the point without polluting the rest of the board. Your act is wearing thin. You are NOT supposed to be taking shots at other posters, and you are NOT supposed to bring your Kobe v LBJ agenda posting into this thread. Keep it up and you will be gone for good. Got it?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
AD23
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 15 Jul 2019
Posts: 348

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 8:32 pm    Post subject:

LBJ soooooooo goooood
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 24 Oct 2001
Posts: 43617

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 8:36 pm    Post subject:

That follow dunk to basically cinch the game is what a MAN does.

Grateful that this guy signed with us and rescued our franchise from the abyss.
_________________
Love, Laker Lanny
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
mad55557777
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 29 Jun 2005
Posts: 4447

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 8:37 pm    Post subject:

Less fade-aways, more spin in transition please
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 26 Dec 2012
Posts: 37515

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 8:38 pm    Post subject:

LBJ (9-18 FG; 6-6 FT) 25 points, 9 assists

AD (9-18 FG; 6-9 FT) 25 points, 10 rebounds
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 26 Dec 2012
Posts: 37515

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 8:38 pm    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
That follow dunk to basically cinch the game is what a MAN does.

Grateful that this guy signed with us and rescued our franchise from the abyss.

WELL SAID!!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 04 Aug 2019
Posts: 2032

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:49 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
LaLaLakeShow wrote:
activeverb wrote:
LaLaLakeShow wrote:
activeverb wrote:
Metro2Staples wrote:
You sound pessimistic.

AD is very happy as a Laker. He will sign a long term contract with Lakers.

LAbron is also very happy with Lakers. He will pick up the 4th year of his contract, then sign another contract with Lakers. He will retire a Laker.

LAbron will also become the #1 all time scorer and get his jersey retired.

crazylakerfan001 wrote:
I wonder Where all you "Laker" Fans will Rank him if We don't win this year and AD walks. Then after next season Lebron Retires leaving us without any star players and without any picks. Those that are worshiping him now will turn Sour.


I find the way you post your response above the quote, rather than the traditional way of putting it below the quote, annoying.


You find his posts annoying?


I find the formatting of his posts annoying. I'm indifferent to the posts themselves. They seem to be generic rah rah Lebron is the guy stuff.


Lol..yep


Then why are you in the LBJ thread trolling LBJ fans? Look, we made a Kobe v LBJ thread so you all could spend eternity debating the point without polluting the rest of the board. Your act is wearing thin. You are NOT supposed to be taking shots at other posters, and you are NOT supposed to bring your Kobe v LBJ agenda posting into this thread. Keep it up and you will be gone for good. Got it?


I’m done posting in this thread if I can’t simply give my opinions.
Not worth it Chef. What I just posted pales in comparison to what other posters are doing.
I am more than confused why you view me to be the issue here when there is another who is intentionally antagonizing others and name calling non stop.
I’m not trolling anybody. The assertion is flat ridiculous.
I have been quoted as saying LeBron is the greatest small forward of all time and the Shaq of his position.
You have not been clear to me about what I can and can not say. Not in the slightest.
Why does it matter if I love LeBron or not?
I have given him credit for his leadership and defense this season multiple times in this very thread.

I do not understand why you call me a troll. It’s insulting and False.
It’s your site though...so to avoid your threat becoming reality, I will not risk one more word in a thread where I have no idea what standards there actually are. Good Night
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Mamba81
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 19 Nov 2019
Posts: 338

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:54 pm    Post subject:

old man can still play!!
_________________
it's ironic I had the brew she had the chronic the Lakers beat the Supersonics
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 04 Aug 2019
Posts: 2032

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:55 pm    Post subject:

LaLaLakeShow wrote:
anth2000 wrote:



Like to see AD, Lebron, Howard, even Kuz, to take that ball to the rack. They weren’t today.


Still not understanding why we’re not running more pick and rolls with LeBron/AD
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 30 Aug 2005
Posts: 33057

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:57 pm    Post subject:

Saving it for the playoffs.
_________________
👊 Los Angeles Lakers 👊

For us anything short of a championship is not success.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
george w kush
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 05 Jun 2009
Posts: 828

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:58 pm    Post subject:

Anyone think Lebron might be able to play all 82 games? That would be an amazing feat for not only his age but how many career minutes he's played.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
miggz23
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 29 Nov 2018
Posts: 697

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:56 pm    Post subject:

george w kush wrote:
Anyone think Lebron might be able to play all 82 games? That would be an amazing feat for not only his age but how many career minutes he's played.


Don't see it happening... We have a bunch of back to back games late in the season. They will sit him for sure if the playoffs or seeding are in lock.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
drae
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 13 Nov 2018
Posts: 7387

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 1:17 am    Post subject:

drae wrote:
I couldn't get video because we were talking to Frank Vogel, but LeBron appeared to be working on his free throws a bit with Lakers shooting coach Mike Penberthy. I saw his elbow position being adjusted a bit by Penberthy, etc.

https://twitter.com/hmfaigen/status/1200896127546978304


He made 6/6 FTs tonight
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 28 Jan 2006
Posts: 13970

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 7:34 am    Post subject:

Got a feeling LeBron is still not even pushing the issue, more concern about orchestrating the offense... this dude gonna go bananas in the playoff when he step up his scoring too
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
OCWA
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 23 Jan 2006
Posts: 3626

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:48 am    Post subject:

Luka farted on Bron the way Bron farted on those fans. Doncic is a bad man.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Mamba81
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 19 Nov 2019
Posts: 338

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 3:36 pm    Post subject:

tim legler has bron and brow in his top 4 mvp candidates!!
_________________
it's ironic I had the brew she had the chronic the Lakers beat the Supersonics
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 30 Aug 2005
Posts: 33057

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 8:25 pm    Post subject:

29 minutes played. Lovely.
_________________
👊 Los Angeles Lakers 👊

For us anything short of a championship is not success.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 24 Oct 2001
Posts: 43617

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 8:29 pm    Post subject:

This guy is a leader by example, his overall mastery of basketball is enjoyable to watch.
_________________
Love, Laker Lanny
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
drae
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 13 Nov 2018
Posts: 7387

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 8:34 pm    Post subject:

Inefficient shooting night (20 points 21 attempts) but he dropped 12 dimes though

KCP gaining 5 meters on his opponent made it a bit easy for Lebron
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
drae
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 13 Nov 2018
Posts: 7387

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 8:35 pm    Post subject:

Clip in link:

“Look at LeBron, he’s on the court. With no shoes… that’s some disrespect right there.”

Jazz announcers weren't having it


https://twitter.com/BleacherReport/status/1202444897589940224
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 26 Dec 2012
Posts: 37515

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 8:36 pm    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
This guy is a leader by example, his overall mastery of basketball is enjoyable to watch.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
dcastillo
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 20 May 2009
Posts: 1311

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 8:38 pm    Post subject:

drae wrote:
Clip in link:

“Look at LeBron, he’s on the court. With no shoes… that’s some disrespect right there.”

Jazz announcers weren't having it


https://twitter.com/BleacherReport/status/1202444897589940224

Some said he had already given his shoes to a young fan
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1279, 1280, 1281 ... 1287, 1288, 1289  Next
Page 1280 of 1289
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2018 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB