What moves would you like to see in the offseason?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vlade
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 8:28 am    Post subject:

Bring back Vlade!

parsons777
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 9:24 am    Post subject:

ProjectAB wrote:
There's no way in hell I'd trade Bynum after seeing some of things he did in this game. Seriously, I'd trade Kobe before I'd think about trading Bynum.

I actually think 20 and 10 is conservative for Bynum now. I think he's capable of 25 and 10. If you're a center in this league, and you can shoot fadeaways, you're good for at least 25 a game. Just because as a center, you can get a lot of points already, from guard penetrations and putbacks.

He's still raw, but so was Duncan at one point. But clearly, you can see the potential.

Whenever you write a scenario where you put in "Trade Bynum + x for...", you need to proceed it with "Eliminate Jim Buss.", b/c that is the ONLY WAY any such trade is going to take place. A 7 footer who can block shots and hit jump shots ( saw him do it ) is the rarest of rare commodities-no sale.

Plan for 2007. Let’s call it “Start the Kids/Get Cap flexibility for 2008”

1) Trade Kwame to anyone needing a defensive big for a decent Tri PG.

I think MIL works well. Kwame allows Bogut to not defend bigs he cannot handle, which is any physical big in either conference. We could do Kwame for a resigned Charlie Bell ( $3-4 per for 3 ) as MIL is under the Cap. I would throw in CHA 2nd rounder if necessary. MIL risks very little here b/c Kwame is on the last year of his contract and if they like him can try to keep him for a reasonable amount of $$$. Both Bogut and Villaneuva went down this year under the pounding. They need a big big and are only giving up one FA small.

2) Trade Lamar to CHA for the #5 pick and a future protected #1.

Jordan wants vets to pair with Okafor now. Lamar scores a lot when he does not play with Kobe-see the first couple games of the season. Lamar is only signed for 2 more years and that leaves CHA with flexibility too. We get a massive trade exception.

3) Offer $11-12 M to Billups. ( Cap should be around $55/56 M next year, current $53 M )

After 1 & 2 our salaries are:
Kobe $19.5
Vlad $5.6
Luke $2.5/5* ( resign after FA offer )
Cook $3.5
Bell $3.5
Bynum $2.2
Sasha $1.8
Farmar $1.0
Ronny $0.8
2007 #5 pick $3.0
2007 #18 pick $1.4
Total: $44.8 M

*Luke counts at either 130% of his current $1.2 M salary or 200% not sure which. See Cap FAQ http://members.cox.net/lmcoon/salarycap.htm#30.

4) Renounce Mihm, McKie, Smush. Move Cook if we need a little more cap room.

Later sign Mihm at vet min. 6 yr vet min around $1 M.

5) Draft Corey Brewer #5 and Thad Young #18, one of ‘em will be a great pro at the 3.

Starters:
Bynum/Ronny/Luke/Kobe/Billups or Bell
Bench:
Corey Brewer ( #5 )/Thad Young (#18 )/Cook/Vlad/Sasha/Farmar

If Billups turns us down we bid for any other FA we want or wait for 08 when KG is available.

We already have the guys we need on the team we just need to play them.
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 3:26 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
ProjectAB wrote:
There's no way in hell I'd trade Bynum after seeing some of things he did in this game. Seriously, I'd trade Kobe before I'd think about trading Bynum.

I actually think 20 and 10 is conservative for Bynum now. I think he's capable of 25 and 10. If you're a center in this league, and you can shoot fadeaways, you're good for at least 25 a game. Just because as a center, you can get a lot of points already, from guard penetrations and putbacks.
He's still raw, but so was Duncan at one point. But clearly, you can see the potential.

So you would trade Kobe before you would trade Bynum "after seeing some things he did in this game?" What about the "things" that Kobe has done? You know like winning 3 championships, being the the worlds greatest basketball player, things of that nature.

Please name all the fadeaway jump shooting Centers in the league that average 25 points per game. Don't mistake Yao Ming's jump shot for Bynum's weak fadeaway jumper. Bynum doesn't have Yao's height to do that and he certainly doesn't have the lift to compensate. Have you been watching Bynum's "fadeaway" lately? He's had at least 1 airball in each of the last 4 games. Further, Bynum doesn't get any "putbacks." He can't dunk and he gets manhandeled down low.

25 and 10? Wow.
Tony Almeida
Retired

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 4:59 pm    Post subject:

ProjectAB wrote:

That's funny on so many different levels.

Actually the entire post is great.

Thanks for the laugh.
LaxT
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 11:20 pm    Post subject: Re: What moves would you like to see in the offseason?

Kobe2Lamar wrote:
- Sign Charlie Bell with MLE
- Trade Kwame and Lamar for Jermaine O'Neal
- Re-sign Luke for a reasonable price
- Re-sign Smush for a reasonable price as a bench 2-guard
- Draft a scoring big-man
- Cut Sasha, Mckie and Shammond

Our main rotation would be:

Bell/Farmar
Kobe/Mo/Smush
Luke/Vlad
JO/Ronny/Cook
Bynum/draft pick

With Mo playing 3 if we need defense there...

Like it except for resigning Smush. Sasha is staying with his option for next season being picked up.

I think the general strategy is to sign a PG with the MLE and trade a package centered around LO for an elite bigman. For the signing part, with Luke the defacto facilitator, D is more important than traditional PG skills. For the trade part, I hate to see LO go, but his K is needed to match the salary of KG, JO or Gasol.
Savory Griddles
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 12:22 am    Post subject:

Lets look at Memphis for a second. Gasol has said he wants out. They have Ruy Gay and probably a top 2 pick. They could go into full rebuild mode this summer.

Odom, Kwame, Farmar and our 2007 first for Gasol and Mike Miller.

That clears up a ton of cap space for Memphis over the next 2 years and gives them another pick in this deep draft to add to a now core of Gay/Farmar/and possibly Oden or Durant. They'll have tons of cap space in 2 years when all those kids will have more experience and are ready to take it to the next level.

Radman and the Bobcat second for Marquis Daniels.

Daniels could be a great pg for the tri. He has good handles, plays very good on the ball D and he is a big guard. Indy seems to like shooters and Radman could make a good compliment to the bench. We have Cook so he is a little overkill for us. Note: This trade idea is based on the premise that Indy is disenchanted with Daniels off court hi jinx.

Jamaal Magloire for the MLE.
Resign Walton and Shamu

Magloire/Bynum/Turiaf
Gasol/Turiaf/Cook
Walton/Miller
Kobe/Miller/Evans/Sasha
Daniels/Shamu/Sasha

I like that 12 man roster. It can contend now and we keep Bynum for the future.
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 4:33 am    Post subject:

Kobe 4 Prez wrote:
ProjectAB wrote:

That's funny on so many different levels.

Actually the entire post is great.

Thanks for the laugh.

Yeah, that post is filled with "truthiness". First, Bynum is destined for 25/10 because he's a center that shoots fadeaway jump shots. Second, Bynum is more important than Kobe. And lastly, Bynum is "clearly" as good as Tim Duncan.
datniggbstyle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 6:31 am    Post subject:

Trades

Lakers Trade Andrew Bynum, Brian Cook, Sasha Vujacic and 2nd Round Pick to Chicago Bulls for Ben Gordon and Adrian Griffin.

-Bulls desperately need low post scoring, Bynum adds that and Cook brings another scorer in front court. Lakers get the perfect backcourt mate for Kobe and compliment to Luke and Lamars passive games.

Draft

1st Round - Thadeous Young
2nd Round - Nick Fazekas

Free Agency

MLE - Morris Peterson
Resign Mihm
Resign Walton

Roster

Kwame Brown/Chris Mihm
Lamar Odom/Ronny Turiaf/Vladamir Radmanovic/Nick Fazekas
Morris Peterson/Luke WaltonThadeous Young
Kobe Bryant/Maurice Evans
Ben Gordon/Jordan Farmar

You equip Kobe with two more scorers in Peterson and Gordon that both excell off the Catch and Shoot. This allows Lamar and Luke to continue passiveness but we have much need aggression. Bench becomes strong than its ever been, and teams find it extremely hard to double kobe with killers like Mo Pete and Ben Gordon on the outside.
bigbank
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 8:54 am    Post subject:

Lakers Trade Bynum,Vlade,Kwame and Sasha and future #1 to Pacers for JO,Foster, Tinsley and their #1 pick this year.

1st resign Mihms and Walton
2nd Smush has to go
3rd Trade our 1st round this year to Boston for Delonte West
4th Draft the center from Georgetown(Herbett) with the Indiana Pick
5th F/A Gearld Wallace/Rubin Patterson or Mo Pete

Tinsley/West/Farmar
Kobe/Wallace/Evans
Odom/Walton/Pinnock
JOneal/Turiaf/Cook
Mihms/Foster/Herbertt
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3
Jump to: