Kobe/JO/Bibby

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
scoobs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 3:56 pm    Post subject: Kobe/JO/Bibby

Imagine how devastating this OUTSIDE/INSIDE/OUTSIDE threat would be? We could make it happen.

1. Trade Bynum,Brown,Radmanovic to Indiana for JO/Harrison.

2. Trade Odom to Sacramento straight up for Mike Bibby. Petrie reportedly OKd a deal at the deadline that had Brown,Farmar and Radmanovic going to the Kings for Bibby,but the Maloof's didn't want to help out the Lakers,so they didn't aprove it. Now,if the Kings end up with Mike Conley with the 10th pick and the Lakers went ahead and offered Odom,that may be an offer the Maloof's cant refuse.

3. Sign a center with the MLE. (Maglore)

Laker Line-up:

PF-JO/Turiaf/Cook
SF-Walton/Evans
C-Maglore/Harrison
PG-Bibby/Farmar
SG-Kobe/Vujacic/Belinelli(1st round pick)

Kobe double teamed? No problem,kick it out to Bibby for three!
JO double teamed? No problem,kick it out to Kobe or Bibby!
Bibby getting burned on defense? No problem,JO is there to block the shot!

This big three are all about 28 years old and could realy dominate for the next 3-4 years.
Kuroro
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 3:58 pm    Post subject:

http://forums.lakersground.net/viewforum.php?f=25
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 3:59 pm    Post subject:

Lamar for Bibby?
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 4:00 pm    Post subject:

This whole started a thread to talk about your version of a trade thing is really getting out of hand.

Is it like this around here every off-season?

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost
Kobe Jocker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 4:09 pm    Post subject:

People keep putting up lineups that don't solve LA's #1 problem, PERIMETER DEFENSE.

We score enough points, the problem is that we give up way too many. Kwame usually does fine enough at defending TD,KG,etc. Bynum was 15th in blocks playing only 22 mins a game.

It's PGs, and Swingmen who have torched the Lakers. Bibby & Walton would allow the same penetration, our rotations would allow the same open jumpers & 3s, and our bigs would be in the same foul trouble.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger Reply with quote
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 4:11 pm    Post subject:

Kobe Jocker wrote:
People keep putting up lineups that don't solve LA's #1 problem, PERIMETER DEFENSE.

We score enough points, the problem is that we give up way too many. Kwame usually does fine enough at defending TD,KG,etc. Bynum was 15th in blocks playing only 22 mins a game.

It's PGs, and Swingmen who have torched the Lakers. Bibby & Walton would allow the same penetration, our rotations would allow the same open jumpers & 3s, and our bigs would be in the same foul trouble.

Yup. I'd only like to have 1 hole defensively.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
Kuroro
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 4:12 pm    Post subject:

Double Post

Last edited by Kuroro on Tue May 01, 2007 4:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
RG73
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 4:12 pm    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:
This whole started a thread to talk about your version of a trade thing is really getting out of hand.

They're just getting warmed up. If you don't like this thing then I suggest you avoid this site from like, oh, after the 1st half tomorrow through about November.

Actually, scratch that. In November everyone will be griping that Mitch didn't do anything all summer. So probably come December/January we'll be back to the background level of Mitch griping and how sucky this team is. Then it'll be trade deadline, so more of these threads. Hmmm, so maybe like post-trade deadline through the playoffs might be safe.
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 4:15 pm    Post subject:

RG73 wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:

They're just getting warmed up. If you don't like this thing then I suggest you avoid this site from like, oh, after the 1st half tomorrow through about November.

Actually, scratch that. In November everyone will be griping that Mitch didn't do anything all summer. So probably come December/January we'll be back to the background level of Mitch griping and how sucky this team is. Then it'll be trade deadline, so more of these threads. Hmmm, so maybe like post-trade deadline through the playoffs might be safe.

^that's not an exaggeration either.
scoobs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 4:19 pm    Post subject:

Kobe Jocker wrote:

But we already tried to get Bibby once already,so what does that tell you? It tells me that his positives out weigh his negatives and he is definatly a player the Lakers have an interest in aquiring. With KOBE/JO/BIBBY to offense would be so fluid any way,that I think it would make any deficiencies we have on defense look minimal.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 4:19 pm    Post subject:

Ziggy wrote:
RG73 wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:

Yup.

You may change your SN to "LakerInsanity"

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 4:23 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
Ziggy wrote:
RG73 wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:

Yup.

You may change your SN to "LakerInsanity"

lol, maybe.....I'll just build up my tolerance and expect that no one thread will stay on the front page for long in the coming four to five months or so....unless that is some major merging takes place.

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost
Kobe Jocker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 4:27 pm    Post subject:

scoobs wrote:
Kobe Jocker wrote:

But we already tried to get Bibby once already,so what does that tell you? It tells me that his positives out weigh his negatives and he is definatly a player the Lakers have an interest in aquiring. With KOBE/JO/BIBBY to offense would be so fluid any way,that I think it would make any deficiencies we have on defense look minimal.

It tells me that the FO needs an overhaul...

Bibby shot 40% last year, only 4.7 assits, and plays no D.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger Reply with quote
Free_Kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 4:32 pm    Post subject:

ok so ur telling me, that we could get JO'Neal w/o getting rid of LO...
and instead of keeping LO, we should trade him str8 up for Mike Bibby!!! interesting!!!!cuckkooooo cuckoooo
Hector the Pup
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 5:34 pm    Post subject:

RG73 wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:

That would be nice if it was the case, but you forget that after the deadline, there are the threads about what trades should have been made which are followed by offseason trade threads that start around this time of year.

But for the most part, March is pretty quiet.
scoobs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 6:28 pm    Post subject:

Free_Kobe wrote:
and instead of keeping LO, we should trade him str8 up for Mike Bibby!!! interesting!!!!cuckkooooo cuckoooo
Of we get JO trading Odom,then were do we put Odom?

1. JO could play some center,but he is better utilized as a power forward.

2. Dont even mention moving Lamar back to small forward. He is just not good there, plus Luke will take most of the minutes there anyway. Lamar is without a doubt a power forward(10 rebounds per game) and should be used only as a power forward.

Basically, JO and LO both play the same position,and we have a good up and comer at the position as well(Turiaf). So Lamar most likely has to go, either for a point guard or center.
LuxuryBrown
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 6:32 pm    Post subject:

Quote:

Nope. The Lakers MAJOR problem is no post presence on both ends of the floor. Solve that first and foremost and the perimeter D will improve solely because of that.
Exick
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 6:35 pm    Post subject:

scoobs wrote:
Free_Kobe wrote:
Of we get JO trading Odom,then were do we put Odom?

1. JO could play some center,but he is better utilized as a power forward.

2. Dont even mention moving Lamar back to small forward. He is just not good there, plus Luke will take most of the minutes there anyway. Lamar is without a doubt a power forward(10 rebounds per game) and should be used only as a power forward.

Basically, JO and LO both play the same position,and we have a good up and comer at the position as well(Turiaf). So Lamar most likely has to go, either for a point guard or center.

I think you're missing his point. The point is, whether or not you agree, that we won't be able to get O'Neal without giving up Odom.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 8:01 am    Post subject:

scoobs wrote:

Is that you, Phil? I would have guessed your screen name would have been "MontanaReeferChiefTriangle".
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 8:03 am    Post subject:

LuxuryBrown wrote:
Quote:

Nope. The Lakers MAJOR problem is no post presence on both ends of the floor. Solve that first and foremost and the perimeter D will improve solely because of that.

Yes it will.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: