Ebay...
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 2:47 am    Post subject:

Moises wrote:
There is this one forum that scams the scammers. It has stories and up to date info. I remember reading one about a Nigerian scammer and how the "governer" was going to be sent to hurt the seller. He kept sending junk to those scammers.

The site is:
http://www.419eater.com/

http://www.zug.com/pranks/powerbook/

^That is probably the best prank on a scammer I've ever seen. That story has some internet fame, and if you haven't read it, it's worth the read. Basically a guy lists his laptop for sale on Ebay. The buyer tries to set up a sale using a phony escrow service. The seller knew it was a scam, but rather than shutting down communication, decided to turn the tables on the scammer. It's quite amusing.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 7:17 am    Post subject:

I wish I could find it, but I remember someone replying to one of these Nigerian money scam e-mails, and he kept the scammer going for a while asking about birds and large birds and any kind of birds, for he was a bird-watcher. He took it as far as sending pics of Big Bird and pteradactyls for his bird watching wants. It went on a long time, but it was damn funny.

Anyone ever listen to Jim Flourentine? He has comedy CDs out where he pranks telemarketers. I have some MP3s of his stuff, a lot of it very funny.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
lakersdynasty999
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 8:49 am    Post subject:

CBaller8 wrote:
But if I got the money in hand aren't I in the clear?

its a scam...the money they send is fake, and then they get your password....they make up an email, and they never send it with a credit card...i got scammed...dont do the same
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Reply with quote
LarryCoon
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 9:17 am    Post subject:

encina1 wrote:
I wish I could find it, but I remember someone replying to one of these Nigerian money scam e-mails, and he kept the scammer going for a while asking about birds and large birds and any kind of birds, for he was a bird-watcher. He took it as far as sending pics of Big Bird and pteradactyls for his bird watching wants. It went on a long time, but it was damn funny.

Not the same one as you describe, but here's my favorite Nigerian reverse-scam:

The Tale of the Painted Breast
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
KB4MVP
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 10:54 am    Post subject:

Socks wrote:
Damn...good going KB4MVP. You know your stuff.

thanks
akk7
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 11:49 am    Post subject:

The same thing that is going on now was on NBC Don't trust this guy. Comon send this as a gift because I didn't read the description.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: