Botham Jean Shooting
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 19 Jun 2010
Posts: 95941
Location: Do you believe in Magic?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:02 am    Post subject:

Why nothing about her toxicology report?
_________________
Let’s bring Ariza home!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 Nov 2007
Posts: 45277
Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered intelligent.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:29 am    Post subject:

@AH Were these search warrants necessary to make evidence allowable in court?

Is it SOP to perform toxicology reports on officers after a shooting in Texas? If so are they public records or is the policy not to reveal them.


Lawyers "disgusted" by release of search warrant showing marijuana found in Botham Jean's apartment

LINK

Quote:

DALLAS - Following the shooting death of Botham Jean by the hands of Dallas Police Officer Amber Guyger, multiple search warrants were executed at Jean’s apartment as part of the investigation.

Attorneys for Botham Jean's family are outraged that the document describing drug evidence became public on the same day of his funeral.

_________________
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

Your prayers are always answered. Sometimes the answer is NO.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 30 Aug 2016
Posts: 3299

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:37 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
@AH Were these search warrants necessary to make evidence allowable in court?

Is it SOP to perform toxicology reports on officers after a shooting in Texas? If so are they public records or is the policy not to reveal them.


Lawyers "disgusted" by release of search warrant showing marijuana found in Botham Jean's apartment

LINK

Quote:

DALLAS - Following the shooting death of Botham Jean by the hands of Dallas Police Officer Amber Guyger, multiple search warrants were executed at Jean’s apartment as part of the investigation.

Attorneys for Botham Jean's family are outraged that the document describing drug evidence became public on the same day of his funeral.


you beat me to it. pathetic. I dont care if the dude was on PCP and washed it down with a bottle of smirnoff. He was in his own home. All we need to know is what was she doing there, what was the real reason she ended up at his door, and at what point did she decide to shoot him? dude could've been an isis recruit. it still wouldnt matter as far as the off duty officer is concerned.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ContagiousInspiration
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 07 May 2014
Posts: 5124

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:15 am    Post subject:

Since the policewoman was not arrested for almost 3 days after she ended this man's life does that mean no drug or alcohol tests were performed until the arrest?

I have no legal knowledge but that logically seems like a incredibly serious violation. Murder a person and get three free days to try and flush any drugs out of her system?

I think Bothams parents should begin petitioning the FBI immediately. 3 days to arrest a Murderer? This is a Civil Rights issue and the case is already off course and should not be investigated by anyone from Texas
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
governator
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 28 Jan 2006
Posts: 9793

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:49 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Why nothing about her toxicology report?


The state prosecutor should demand it (you're a lawyer, you would right?) and use the leak of the victims drug screen to convince jury the local PD try to cover up (along with other evidence)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Aeneas Hunter
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 12 Jul 2005
Posts: 21400

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:00 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
@AH Were these search warrants necessary to make evidence allowable in court?


No, but Texas law still required it. Obviously, the resident of the property could not consent to the search. In theory, the estate could have brought a claim for a warrantless search. As I understand it, this is standard operating procedure. Making the return public is a different matter.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Aeneas Hunter
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 12 Jul 2005
Posts: 21400

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:01 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Why nothing about her toxicology report?


The state prosecutor should demand it (you're a lawyer, you would right?) and use the leak of the victims drug screen to convince jury the local PD try to cover up (along with other evidence)


There may not be a report yet. These things sometimes take a couple weeks.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
governator
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 28 Jan 2006
Posts: 9793

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:05 am    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
governator wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Why nothing about her toxicology report?


The state prosecutor should demand it (you're a lawyer, you would right?) and use the leak of the victims drug screen to convince jury the local PD try to cover up (along with other evidence)


There may not be a report yet. These things sometimes take a couple weeks.


Wonder if we can watch this on TV like the zimmerman's (side note, I'm still confused about the prosecutor's glee after the verdict)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 Nov 2007
Posts: 45277
Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered intelligent.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:12 am    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
jodeke wrote:
@AH Were these search warrants necessary to make evidence allowable in court?


No, but Texas law still required it. Obviously, the resident of the property could not consent to the search. In theory, the estate could have brought a claim for a warrantless search. As I understand it, this is standard operating procedure. Making the return public is a different matter.


Is it SOP to perform toxicology reports on officers after a shooting in Texas? If so are they public records or is the policy not to reveal them?
_________________
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

Your prayers are always answered. Sometimes the answer is NO.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Aeneas Hunter
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 12 Jul 2005
Posts: 21400

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:21 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
jodeke wrote:
@AH Were these search warrants necessary to make evidence allowable in court?


No, but Texas law still required it. Obviously, the resident of the property could not consent to the search. In theory, the estate could have brought a claim for a warrantless search. As I understand it, this is standard operating procedure. Making the return public is a different matter.


Is it SOP to perform toxicology reports on officers after a shooting in Texas? If so are they public records or is the policy not to reveal them?


I know that there was a toxicology test in this case. I don’t know whether there have been results. I would expect the results to become public at some point, but I don’t know of a policy.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 Nov 2007
Posts: 45277
Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered intelligent.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:25 am    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
jodeke wrote:
@AH Were these search warrants necessary to make evidence allowable in court?


No, but Texas law still required it. Obviously, the resident of the property could not consent to the search. In theory, the estate could have brought a claim for a warrantless search. As I understand it, this is standard operating procedure. Making the return public is a different matter.


Is it SOP to perform toxicology reports on officers after a shooting in Texas? If so are they public records or is the policy not to reveal them?


I know that there was a toxicology test in this case. I don’t know whether there have been results. I would expect the results to become public at some point, but I don’t know of a policy.


Were the tests done right after the shooting? It's my understanding she wasn't charged for 3 days. Is that when the tests were done?
_________________
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

Your prayers are always answered. Sometimes the answer is NO.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Aeneas Hunter
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 12 Jul 2005
Posts: 21400

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 12:12 pm    Post subject:

I think, but do not know for certain, that a toxicology test is automatic after a police shooting.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 27 Jul 2005
Posts: 10044

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 4:58 pm    Post subject:

Most common sense explanation to date...


Beau Nails It
_________________
I'm On point, On task, On message, and Off drugs. A Streetwise Smart Bomb, Out of rehab and In denial. Over the Top, On the edge, Under the Radar, and In Control. Behind the 8 ball, Ahead of the Curve and I've got a Love Child who sends me Hate mail.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Aeneas Hunter
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 12 Jul 2005
Posts: 21400

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:17 pm    Post subject:

Aussiesuede wrote:
Most common sense explanation to date...


Beau Nails It


Eh, Dr. Funkbot gave that explanation on page 2 of this thread. As for his other comments, this crime is not capital murder in Texas. Police corruption is not a sport in the South. If BLM and the like have taught us anything about the police, it is that the police have the same sorts of issues everywhere. The police department in a large city like Dallas will operate pretty much the same as the police department in any other large city.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ContagiousInspiration
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 07 May 2014
Posts: 5124

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 8:52 pm    Post subject:

Woman killed him because she was a homicidal maniac who didn't like uppity negros who played their music too loud and smiled too much.. my best bet

Quote:
People are so ungrateful

No one ever thanks me
for having the patience
to not kill them


https://www.stlucianewsonline.com/short-tempered-amber-guyger-shared-posts-likening-colin-kaepernick-to-cancer-and-memes-saying-people-were-ungrateful-she-didnt-kill-them/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ContagiousInspiration
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 07 May 2014
Posts: 5124

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 2:20 pm    Post subject:

Dallas Police, DA Refuse to Release 911 Call, Records From When Amber Guyger Shot Botham Jean

https://www.theroot.com/dallas-police-da-refuse-to-release-911-call-records-f-1829506092

SURE.. Release that the victim had marijuana in his home immediately

but the cop gets protected?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 24 Sep 2001
Posts: 7952
Location: Eagle Rock

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 12:52 pm    Post subject:

ContagiousInspiration wrote:
Woman killed him because she was a homicidal maniac who didn't like uppity negros who played their music too loud and smiled too much.. my best bet

Quote:
People are so ungrateful

No one ever thanks me
for having the patience
to not kill them


https://www.stlucianewsonline.com/short-tempered-amber-guyger-shared-posts-likening-colin-kaepernick-to-cancer-and-memes-saying-people-were-ungrateful-she-didnt-kill-them/


Shameful
_________________
R.I.P. Doc Buss
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Aeneas Hunter
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 12 Jul 2005
Posts: 21400

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 3:05 pm    Post subject:

ContagiousInspiration wrote:
Dallas Police, DA Refuse to Release 911 Call, Records From When Amber Guyger Shot Botham Jean

https://www.theroot.com/dallas-police-da-refuse-to-release-911-call-records-f-1829506092

SURE.. Release that the victim had marijuana in his home immediately

but the cop gets protected?


This part is normal. Releasing the search warrant return was abnormal.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 10 Dec 2006
Posts: 41601
Location: Making a safety stop at 15 feet.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 5:26 pm    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
ContagiousInspiration wrote:
Dallas Police, DA Refuse to Release 911 Call, Records From When Amber Guyger Shot Botham Jean

https://www.theroot.com/dallas-police-da-refuse-to-release-911-call-records-f-1829506092

SURE.. Release that the victim had marijuana in his home immediately

but the cop gets protected?


This part is normal. Releasing the search warrant return was abnormal.


And came with the obvious agenda that oddly seems to only rear its head when it's a black man that;'s the victim of the officer's bullet . . . kinda like when a white guy shoots 7 cops (killing one) and he gets taken into custody after a peaceful negotiation process where as a black guy grabs a cellphone or wallet, they get pumped full of lead.
_________________
You thought God was an architect, now you know
He’s something like a pipe bomb ready to blow
And everything you built that’s all for show
goes up in flames
In 24 frames


Jason Isbell
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 27 Jul 2005
Posts: 10044

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:40 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Former Dallas police officer Amber Guyger has been indicted on a murder charge in the killing of Botham Jean, a neighbor whom she fatally shot after entering his apartment in September, according to authorities.

The indictment was announced by Dallas County District Attorney Faith Johnson. Guyger had been arrested in the days after the shooting and charged with manslaughter. Johnson said a grand jury had returned with the murder charge.

According to the Texas code, a person has committed murder if he or she intentionally or knowingly caused the death of another person or intended to injure someone while committing a dangerous act. A conviction on a first-degree felony can bring a maximum sentence of 99 years.


Murder Indictment
_________________
I'm On point, On task, On message, and Off drugs. A Streetwise Smart Bomb, Out of rehab and In denial. Over the Top, On the edge, Under the Radar, and In Control. Behind the 8 ball, Ahead of the Curve and I've got a Love Child who sends me Hate mail.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2018 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB