NEW GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 439, 440, 441 ... 2556, 2557, 2558  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2022 1:38 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
epic_ wrote:
Quote:
Shams Charania
@ShamsCharania

Sources: Oklahoma City is trading Vit Krejci to Atlanta for Moe Harkless and a second-round pick.

Man, Moe has fallen off big time.

The guy we want is Crowder

We do? I want Pat Bev.
πŸ’œπŸ’› πŸ† πŸ‘€ πŸ– #18!!!
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2022 2:01 pm    Post subject:

anth2000 wrote:
JUST-MING wrote:
Deandre Ayton Trade Watch

https://twitter.com/FanSided/status/1574483034534866944
https://twitter.com/TheNBACentral/status/1574861081192833042

No chance for a trade. He just signed a mammoth deal.

They could trade him starting on January 15, 2023. I wonder if that's why the Pacers are holding Turner. The Suns could conceivably replace Ayton with Turner and further salary coming back. Ayton and Shamet for Turner and Hield is close to salary-neutral.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2022 2:22 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
anth2000 wrote:
JUST-MING wrote:

They could trade him starting on January 15, 2023. I wonder if that's why the Pacers are holding Turner. The Suns could conceivably replace Ayton with Turner and further salary coming back. Ayton and Shamet for Turner and Hield is close to salary-neutral.

Can you be traded to a team that was matched the RFA offer?
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2022 2:38 pm    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
anth2000 wrote:
JUST-MING wrote:

Not for a year. A trade to one of the other teams during that year would require Ayton's consent, but they can't trade him to the Pacers during that period.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2022 2:43 pm    Post subject:

JUST-MING wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

The Lakers can still seek a trade like the Suns are doing with Crowder if both parties seem to think that it’s best to part ways

If the Suns can't find a trade partner, then they may buyout his contract.

We can scoop him up for FREE. .

Given that Crowder is sitting at home and not disrupting the team, I doubt the Sun will be in any hurry to buy him out. I don't see him giving up a significant amount of money, so they won't get much out of a buyout.

If a buyout happens, it may not happen before the trade deadline. At that point, a lot of contenders will want him.

I think it's a long shot for everything to happen just so that he ends up on the Lakers.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2022 3:18 pm    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
epic_ wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
anth2000 wrote:
JUST-MING wrote:

Not for a year. A trade to one of the other teams during that year would require Ayton's consent, but they can't trade him to the Pacers during that period.

Thanks!
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2022 3:34 pm    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
epic_ wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
anth2000 wrote:
JUST-MING wrote:

Thanks!

Wasn't aware of that wrinkle as it relates to the Pacers. I wonder if the Suns and Bulls would consider something like Ayton for Vucevic and one of Caruso or Coby White, assuming these guys are still with their teams on Jan. 15. It's my opinion that the Suns only kept Ayton because they didn't want to lose him as an asset for nothing when they controlled his rights, and that they would prefer to flip him for something useful, if they can. Fanspo actually likes the trade for the Suns for on-court value this year, although maybe the Bulls would do it knowing that they'd have Ayton under team control for the next few years, while Vucevic is an expiring, particularly if they thought Vuc might sign elsewhere next summer.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2022 4:29 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
epic_ wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
epic_ wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
anth2000 wrote:
JUST-MING wrote:

Thanks!

Wasn't aware of that wrinkle as it relates to the Pacers. I wonder if the Suns and Bulls would consider something like Ayton for Vucevic and one of Caruso or Coby White, assuming these guys are still with their teams on Jan. 15. It's my opinion that the Suns only kept Ayton because they didn't want to lose him as an asset for nothing when they controlled his rights, and that they would prefer to flip him for something useful, if they can. Fanspo actually likes the trade for the Suns for on-court value this year, although maybe the Bulls would do it knowing that they'd have Ayton under team control for the next few years, while Vucevic is an expiring, particularly if they thought Vuc might sign elsewhere next summer.

That could definitely be the case of why they kept Ayton.
However, the other factors may be: when will the team be sold, and to whom?
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2022 7:04 pm    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:
<snip>

That could definitely be the case of why they kept Ayton.
However, the other factors may be: when will the team be sold, and to whom?

Generally, when teams are put on the market, they try to cut long term salary obligations so that the new owner has flexibility.

Of course, they signed Ayton before the Sarver penalty came down.
cital
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2022 8:39 pm    Post subject:

I still say a Hield/Turner/Reddish trade makes since

Westbrook, Christie, and the picks (with some minimal protections) to Indy

Gabriel and a 2nd to NY

Beverly, Nunn, Schroeder
Hield, Reaves, Walker
James, Anderson, Brown
Davis, Reddish, Swider (non guaranteed)
Turner, Bryant, Jones

If they wanted Nunn instead of Christie make one of the picks a swap.
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2022 11:38 pm    Post subject:

cital wrote:

Gabriel and a 2nd to NY

Beverly, Nunn, Schroeder
Hield, Reaves, Walker
James, Anderson, Brown
Turner, Bryant, Jones

Lakers are not giving up those picks for a deal that barely makes the lakers a playoff team. Give it a rest. It’s over.
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2022 4:12 am    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
cital wrote:

Gabriel and a 2nd to NY

Beverly, Nunn, Schroeder
Hield, Reaves, Walker
James, Anderson, Brown
Turner, Bryant, Jones

Lakers are not giving up those picks for a deal that barely makes the lakers a playoff team. Give it a rest. It’s over.

I think the more realistic guess is Indiana does not want Westbrook and 2 picks for Hield and Turner. Either way, it doesn't matter because it probably won't happen. It seems pretty clear that getting out from under luxury tax is the goal this year.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2022 5:22 am    Post subject:

96 minutes. 6 guards.

Russ: 34mpg (last season), started 78 games
Dennis: 29mpg/started 29 games
Bev: 25mpg/started 54 games
Nunn: (20-21 season): 29mpg, started 44 games
Walker: 23 mpg, started 6 games
Reaves: 23mpg, started 19 games.

Something's gotta give, and I don't really like the idea of playing these guys in an undersized SF role either.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2022 5:27 am    Post subject:

I think Pelinka is waiting out Indy to get them down to 1 FRP, maybe 2 2nds.

No trade market for Myles and Buddy (a Pelinka favorite). Other teams at best probably send back long term contracts to Indy and they don't want it. Not coincidental IMO that a local Pacers beat writer said all this yesterday. Could be Indy negotiating via media.
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2022 5:53 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

No trade market for Myles and Buddy (a Pelinka favorite). Other teams at best probably send back long term contracts to Indy and they don't want it. Not coincidental IMO that a local Pacers beat writer said all this yesterday. Could be Indy negotiating via media.

I hope this is the case...It may also help that Russ is saying all the right things and won't disrupt any team he's traded too. If not, then we'll just have to accept this team as is and hope they surprise, which I obviously don't believe.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2022 5:57 am    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

I hope this is the case...It may also help that Russ is saying all the right things and won't disrupt any team he's traded too. If not, then we'll just have to accept this team as is and hope they surprise, which I obviously don't believe.

I don't think there's any team that will give up a FRP for Myles without the Pacers taking back a bad deal or something like that. Since the Suns matched the RFA offer, Myles can't be traded for Ayton so that's off the table.

I think there can be a scenario where the Pacers may reluctantly take 1 FRP/a few 2nds/Russ for Myles/Buddy. They cannot let him walk for nothing.
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2022 6:17 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
96 minutes. 6 guards.

Russ: 34mpg (last season), started 78 games
Dennis: 29mpg/started 29 games
Bev: 25mpg/started 54 games
Nunn: (20-21 season): 29mpg, started 44 games
Walker: 23 mpg, started 6 games
Reaves: 23mpg, started 19 games.

Something's gotta give, and I don't really like the idea of playing these guys in an undersized SF role either.

get pumped for your 6'4 and under team
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2022 6:17 am    Post subject:

What this team needs is players that can allow AD to play freely at the top of the arc and slide in off the ball, and allow Lebron mix between PG attacking off the dribble and also pose a threat as a post up player when he wants to work less hard.

So essentially what we need are a lot of 3nD wings between 6'5-6'9 who can defend the 4, 3, 2, 1 etc. This is the way the Lakers can realistically contend IF Bron/AD are healthy.

Our roster is going to be competitive and I expect at least a 43 win season, probably better. But I don't get a lot of these trade ideas. The Lakers need to let AD and Bron roll the way that maximizes them and the team. From that POV the only players I like on this roster for them are Reaves, Walker, Nunn (if he can still play) Brown, JTA. Reaves isn't a good defender (based on last year) but he can allow AD/Lebron to play the game in a way their life is easier and he complements them. We need more talent level at these spots - the 2/3/4 spots.

Beverly may be an important player but what I don't like about Bev is for all his talk he doesn't actually end up being that much of a difference maker with regards to offense, and at 6'1, teams will find switches on him to expose his lack of size. We seem to think Bev will be able to defend 2s and 3s.

So that in mind, I would not prefer to trade for Turner (unless it's a WB salary dump). I think we need to focus more on getting players like Hield and bigger players than him, who can play the wing role on offense and be pushed by the coaching staff to defend anywhere from the 3/2/1.

This roster is a sham for a title, and I wouldn't give up a pick to get Turner. I would give up a pick for a starting level wing. I don't think the team still realizes what we saw last year. Lebron is best at the 4 in this stage of his career and with the 2nd unit needs to play at the 5. Lebron will not thrive at the 3 anymore (in match ups) and Lebron is basically your PG. But I guess we need to go through another season to see this once again get revealed. We keep forcing Lebron off the ball when what we need to do is figure out how to use Lebron on the ball in a way that he has to work with more freedom and have more spacing. With AD we need to just give him enough touches outside and inside (and Lebron having the ball helps in this regard).
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2022 6:31 am    Post subject:

Wolf, I don't see any trade available where we get the type of player you are describing, especially b/c our trade asset base is so limited. Basically Russ, Bev, Nunn, Lonnie are the only non-min deals.

If you get Myles/AD, you will have an absolutely suffocating rim protecting team, with two bigs who can guard on switches.

You could theoretically find a starting level wing IMO if you look to package Nunn/Lonnie thereafter too. If there is a big wing that can be obtained for Russ/FRP, we would have done so but I don't see any out there.

Wish the Raptors would be amenable to a Russ/FRP for guys like Gary Trent Jr but of course that isn't happening.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2022 6:39 am    Post subject:

Guys that may be somewhat tradeable:

-Harrison Barnes (FA in 2023, and only make 18m so hard to trade for in a Russ deal b/c Kings don't have good trade ballast).

-Wiggins. Warriors will likely keep him.

-OG. Price too high for him, and Raps unlikely to take Russ/FRPs for him.

-Crowder. Makes too little to include in a Russ trade.

No easy trade options to get a starting level SF.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2022 6:40 am    Post subject:

^
Royce O'Neale went for a FRP. If the FRP is protected, I would have jumped on that. The Lakers could have potentially done O'Neale, Bojan, Clarkson for WB/2 picks with some protections. Now you have a 6MOTY, and 2 wings that give you offense/defense and allow LBJ/AD to play freely.

The thing with Myles it sounds nice on paper, but in the end his role is likely like McGee's only Lebron is 3 years older (slower, more perimeter oriented) and we need to play AD more at the 5 now than back then. Even then, the NBA Finals, McGee didn't play (nor did Dwight). That Dwight was probably the best role player defensive big we could get and even he didn't fit in the NBA finals with AD.

Think we need to focus on wing size, floor spacing around AD/Lebron vs being so obsessed with 5s and 1s. Our roster is basically a ton of 5s and 1s and not much in between.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2022 6:42 am    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
epic_ wrote:
Quote:
Shams Charania
@ShamsCharania

Sources: Oklahoma City is trading Vit Krejci to Atlanta for Moe Harkless and a second-round pick.

Man, Moe has fallen off big time.

The guy we want is Crowder

We do? I want Pat Bev.

How about having both
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2022 6:50 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
^
Royce O'Neale went for a FRP. If the FRP is protected, I would have jumped on that. The Lakers could have potentially done O'Neale, Bojan, Clarkson for WB/2 picks with some protections. Now you have a 6MOTY, and 2 wings that give you offense/defense and allow LBJ/AD to play freely.

The thing with Myles it sounds nice on paper, but in the end his role is likely like McGee's only Lebron is 3 years older (slower, more perimeter oriented) and we need to play AD more at the 5 now than back then. Even then, the NBA Finals, McGee didn't play (nor did Dwight). That Dwight was probably the best role player defensive big we could get and even he didn't fit in the NBA finals with AD.

Think we need to focus on wing size, floor spacing around AD/Lebron vs being so obsessed with 5s and 1s. Our roster is basically a ton of 5s and 1s and not much in between.

Wolf, these just don't exist in a realistic trade. I'm sure Rob has scoured the market and b/c the baseline is including Russ, a lot of these teams do not have realistic salaries to match up.

I disagree about Myles being like Jav/Dwight. Those two could not space the floor like Myles can. AD having a big who can shoot around him is something different. I don't think he's had that since New Orleans Boogie to be honest.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2022 6:50 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
So essentially what we need are a lot of 3nD wings between 6'5-6'9 who can defend the 4, 3, 2, 1 etc. This is the way the Lakers can realistically contend IF Bron/AD are healthy.

Try making a list of all of the players in the league who legitimately meet that description. I don't mean guys you can squint at and kinda sorta imagine them to be a 3 and D wing who can defend a bunch of positions. I mean guys who can really shoot the three with some sort of volume with a good percentage. I mean guys who can really defend with some degree of versatility. I mean guys who have proven themselves enough to get meaningful minutes in the league. I mean guys who are really 6' 5" or better.

It's not exactly a short list, but it isn't a long list, either. You could put KCP on the list, even if he can't really defend the 4. You couldn't put Kuzma on the list. He can't shoot the three. JTA hasn't proven himself to be good enough to play meaningful minutes and he hasn't been consistent from three. Those are just a few examples.

We can fairly criticize Pelinka for letting guys like KCP and Green go without replacing them. That's water under the bridge. The point is that you can't just post a want-ad and get a bunch of new 3 and D wings.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2022 6:54 am    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:

Try making a list of all of the players in the league who legitimately meet that description. I don't mean guys you can squint at and kinda sorta imagine them to be a 3 and D wing who can defend a bunch of positions. I mean guys who can really shoot the three with some sort of volume with a good percentage. I mean guys who can really defend with some degree of versatility. I mean guys who have proven themselves enough to get meaningful minutes in the league. I mean guys who are really 6' 5" or better.

It's not exactly a short list, but it isn't a long list, either. You could put KCP on the list, even if he can't really defend the 4. You couldn't put Kuzma on the list. He can't shoot the three. JTA hasn't proven himself to be good enough to play meaningful minutes and he hasn't been consistent from three. Those are just a few examples.

We can fairly criticize Pelinka for letting guys like KCP and Green go without replacing them. That's water under the bridge. The point is that you can't just post a want-ad and get a bunch of new 3 and D wings.

Also, it's one thing if you have a bunch of tradeable contracts. Russ would assuredly have to go out in a trade and most teams can't match up that much salary in most cases.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 439, 440, 441 ... 2556, 2557, 2558  Next
Page 440 of 2558
Jump to: